OT (Sort of): Big XII Championship

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Did the running up of the score (looked like they weren't even trying to, but did in spite of themselves)

Vince Young played what, one series at the start of the second half?? And the Horns ran something like 25 running plays to 5 passes in the second half... equally important, they didn't score from about midway through the third quarter...

No, LTN, the Horns most assuredly did not even try to run up the score... but Colorado kept on screwing up, and gift wrapping scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity...

As avid a Horns fan as I am, I grew uncomfortable with the way the rout progressed, and I felt REALLY bad when the Colorado QB had to be helped into the locker room after that hit left him with a concussion... but I could see no evidence that the Horns were doing anything as classless as running up the score... closest I came to wondering about that was on that blocked punt for a TD, I did wonder if it was REALLY necessary to play for the block, if the Horns shouldn't have called off the dogs on that play and played for the runback...

have anything to do with the BCS formula...points scored component... is it still possible that Texas can overcome USC as the top ranked? Or are the standings 'final' now?

That would have been absolutely no consideration, since the only way that Texas and USC could have failed to finish 1-2, thus winding up facing each other in the Rose Bowl, would have been for one them to lose... didn't matter if the Horns won by 1 or 67, they were going to the Rose Bowl...

The "final" standings will come after the Rose Bowl, not one second before... but I'll tell you what, unless one team can perform some magic and win the Rose Bowl in a rout, I'd say that the loser should still wind up the second ranked team in the nation... the gap between USC and Texas and the rest of Division I is that great...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
More like a lot wacko.

My annual late season meltdown. :rolleyes:

I should be banned every late November.

My apologies to the baord as well for the middle school crap.

You should apologize to me, too... bein' an abusive jerk is MY job... :D