Twitter: OTA Tweets Jun 2

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean not the best competition….Biadasz was getting whooped but by some good players at least.
Have you looked at Biadasz's mechanics? Not good. Getting bullrushed 5+ yards right into your QB's lap on various occasions is definitely inexcusable no matter the opponent. Many of his shotgun snaps were way off target. He also false started several snaps or didn't know when to hike the ball while everyone else on the Oline did. The guy is simply not that good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Have you looked at Biadasz's mechanics? Not good. Getting bullrushed 5+ yards right into your QB's lap on various occasions is definitely inexcusable no matter the opponent. Many of his shotgun snaps were way off target. He also false started several snaps or didn't know when to hike the ball while everyone else on the Oline did. The guy is simply not that good.
I'm not debating if he's good or not. I'm just saying neither guy has proven to be good lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You think it's mechanics with him more than strength?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had the 2nd best performance of the 5 starting OLinemen in the playoff game...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He had the 2nd best performance of the 5 starting OLinemen in the playoff game...

I think getting knocked back by Vea and Hargrave gave some an unrealistic view of his play. It got better as the season progressed and he actually played pretty well at times. I'm all for competition and best man winning, but I won't be surprised if Biadasz remains the starting center from start to finish of the year. I think putting a more powerful player next to him in Smith could also help him out tremendously since center is the best protected position on the line, but it's not well-protected if your guards are struggling.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Fehoko to Dak: Yea man, my bad. The first 100 balls were so off target that when this one was actually on target, it surprised me so much, I didn't know how to react to it.

kind of what Crayton used to say to Romo.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think getting knocked back by Vea and Hargrave gave some an unrealistic view of his play. It got better as the season progressed and he actually played pretty well at times. I'm all for competition and best man winning, but I won't be surprised if Biadasz remains the starting center from start to finish of the year. I think putting a more powerful player next to him in Smith could also help him out tremendously since center is the best protected position on the line, but it's not well-protected if your guards are struggling.

Exactly. 2 guards with plus power and decent tackles means you can slide protection as needed.

Swagger

Reaction score
Why? Is your opinion the only one allowed here? That's a little conceited don't you think. Calm down francis.

And I live in League City TX, if ever in the area, be happy to step out from behind the computer, grab a beer (once you hit puberty and are of age of course), but until then, I will take you to play putt putt or something.
:laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's not the best strategy. Center position should be the strongest in terms of keeping opponent from getting to the QB, especially since it is the closest to the QB. If your Center struggles anchoring down or frequently gets pushed 5+ yards back into your backfield, you've got major problems. It affects the rest of the Oline.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That's not the best strategy. Center position should be the strongest in terms of keeping opponent from getting to the QB, especially since it is the closest to the QB. If your Center struggles anchoring down or frequently gets pushed 5+ yards back into your backfield, you've got major problems. It affects the rest of the Oline.

Center gets more help than any other line position. Unfortunately last year we had a guard who wasn't much help. Still, Biadasz actually only got pushed back 5+ yards a handful of times.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Exactly. 2 guards with plus power and decent tackles means you can slide protection as needed.

I think unless Tyler Smith struggles or has to be moved to tackle because of Tyron's health, we'll see a big difference in Biadasz having power players on each side of him. On most pass plays, the center and a guard double-team one of the four pass rushers (if there's no blitz). On most run plays up the middle, the center and a guard start off with a double on the center's man with the guard peeling off to the second level.

I'm not saying we shouldn't want better play from our center, but last year was reflective of not only Biadasz having some struggles at times but Williams' struggles next to him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Center gets more help than any other line position. Unfortunately last year we had a guard who wasn't much help. Still, Biadasz actually only got pushed back 5+ yards a handful of times.
A very good Center should not get pushed back at all, regardless of who lines up next to you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

It's so frustrating to watch that, but thanks for posting it. Clearly shows it's Biadasz's technique that is so wrong. Watch it...the first mistake Biadasz made was standing straight up and even leaning back on his heels. He was beat before the Nose Guard even touched him. Laws of Leverage. Doesn't matter how strong any Center could be, if you snap the shotgun snap, stand up straight up and start your stance on your heels, you're going to get pushed back 5+ yards easily by a bullrushing Nose Guard. This is why I dislike and distrust Joe Philbin so much. The Cowboys game was late in the season. Simple technique mistakes like this should not be happening by your 2nd your Center whom you have given starting reps for the past 2 years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've got mechanics tools...metric and SAE...

We'll send you to the Star decked out ready to make repairs...

I'm picturing Goober Pyle or that guy on the old commercial about an automatic transmission.