OTL: AP tells Jerry he wants to play for Cowboys when Vikings contract is up

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It came from Bleacher Report.
Got it on my phone.
will see if I can get a link on the internet.

erod

Reaction score
Not good. Jerry could get fined, and Dallas could lose draft picks. That's the definition of tampering.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
"Peterson, 29, is in the fourth year of a seven-year, $100 million contract that will pay him $11.75 million this autumn to play for the Vikings. "

Unless the Vikings plan on letting AP go earlier no thanks to a 33 year old Peterson.....

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I just read the article. A part of me is sorry I did...because it confirms...what has already been confirmed for me 1000 times....we are doomed with this guy running the franchise. Wake up everybody!!!! Our main priority is being relevant!!!! And the road to relevancy in the era of Jerry Jones....is paved with collecting as many "entertaining personaliteis" as possible!!!!

Has this guy not watched Johnny Manzel? I could see him lamenting this if Johnny Manzel was lighting it up. But Manzel has been so bad...you would think Jerry would not be reminding us how badly he wanted Johnny Manzel. And it should come as no surprise that Jerry was the ONLY person in the room that wanted Manzel!!!

I guess I have accepted it...which is why I continue to follow/watch - albeit with far less passion as the years go by - but I cannot see any scenario where we ever win with this guy in existence....notice I did not say "in charge"...because even if he relinquished "control"....as long as he is alive...he will run this franchise!!!!

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'd take him next year after Murray expires if he comes on the cheap. Maybe as a 3rd RB on a minimum contract in 3 years.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
More importantly check out this bit from the article.....

"The timing of the Jones-Peterson conversation came a month after Jones and the Cowboys passed on Johnny Manziel with the 16th pick of the NFL draft. In his story, Van Natta writes that passing up Manziel for offensive tackle Zack Martin stuck with Jones all summer.

"If we had picked Manziel, he'd guarantee our relevance for 10 years," Jones said in May. "When we were on the clock, I said if we pick the other guy -- any other guy -- it would be a ticket to parity, more 8-8 seasons.

"The only way to break out is to gamble -- take a chance with that first pick, if you wanna dramatically improve your team. That's why I wanted Manziel but I was the only guy who wanted him. I listened to everybody ... And I'm ... not ... happy ... ."

So he thinks we would be relevant for 10 yrs if we would have picked Manziel. No more proof is needed that he is a sandwich short of a full picnic basket.