OTL: AP tells Jerry he wants to play for Cowboys when Vikings contract is up

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Another great move, Jerra. Yeah, you admit to the phone call.
Now admit for us next draft that you lost us a draft pick by your stupidity in talking to AP.

DiResta

Reaction score
this could cost Garrett his job. if Cowboys lose 1st round pick thats a huge blow to rebuilding a team. very stupid thing to do

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I think the NFL should take the liquor cabinet out of Jerry's suite.

That would really hurt him!

adamknite

Reaction score
this could cost Garrett his job. if Cowboys lose 1st round pick thats a huge blow to rebuilding a team. very stupid thing to do

The Patriots lost a 1st rounder for flat out cheating, if we lost a 1st round pick for a player reaching out and contacting Jerry... then we'd really have a leg to stand on in this "Anti-Cowboys Bias" thing.

There is a 0% chance we're losing a first round pick for this. 49ers got caught actually tampering a few years back and lost a 5th rounder I believe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eating 2.4 million next year doesn't sound that bad compared to what they'll owe him if he is on the roster. Which I think is 12.75 million? Don't quote me on that.

If that's the case, I expect them to release him after this season unless they can get Mr. Socks and Jocks to trade for him this year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wow, some of the quotes in that article and video about Manziel are downright terrifying. It sounds every bit like the franchise that took Quincy Carter in the 2nd round.

Did you think Jimmy was joking when he said the Cowboys are a country club?

Winning is not the #1 priority in Dallas.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
More importantly check out this bit from the article.....

"The timing of the Jones-Peterson conversation came a month after Jones and the Cowboys passed on Johnny Manziel with the 16th pick of the NFL draft. In his story, Van Natta writes that passing up Manziel for offensive tackle Zack Martin stuck with Jones all summer.

"If we had picked Manziel, he'd guarantee our relevance for 10 years," Jones said in May. "When we were on the clock, I said if we pick the other guy -- any other guy -- it would be a ticket to parity, more 8-8 seasons.

"The only way to break out is to gamble -- take a chance with that first pick, if you wanna dramatically improve your team. That's why I wanted Manziel but I was the only guy who wanted him. I listened to everybody ... And I'm ... not ... happy ... ."

So he thinks we would be relevant for 10 yrs if we would have picked Manziel. No more proof is needed that he is a sandwich short of a full picnic basket.

This is a pure cover my GM azz if Johnny does well in the next few years and Romo doesn't. Fans will call for his head we are reading his alibi right now. This will be the great cover story if Manziel gets his ring and Romo doesn't.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
To be fair, people calling him AP are just shortening his name... not shortening a nickname like when they type AD. AP clearly stands for Adrian Peterson... AD could stand for anything, because it's not his name. They aren't misspelling a nickname, they are just using his real actual initials in short hand.

Now if they called him "Every Day" you'd have a solid point. :p

Okay, you make a fair point. It'll only SLIGHTLY annoy me now. :D

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I just read the article. A part of me is sorry I did...because it confirms...what has already been confirmed for me 1000 times....we are doomed with this guy running the franchise. Wake up everybody!!!! Our main priority is being relevant!!!! And the road to relevancy in the era of Jerry Jones....is paved with collecting as many "entertaining personaliteis" as possible!!!!

Has this guy not watched Johnny Manzel? I could see him lamenting this if Johnny Manzel was lighting it up. But Manzel has been so bad...you would think Jerry would not be reminding us how badly he wanted Johnny Manzel. And it should come as no surprise that Jerry was the ONLY person in the room that wanted Manzel!!!

I guess I have accepted it...which is why I continue to follow/watch - albeit with far less passion as the years go by - but I cannot see any scenario where we ever win with this guy in existence....notice I did not say "in charge"...because even if he relinquished "control"....as long as he is alive...he will run this franchise!!!!

Exactly, Jerry would rather be relevant than competitive.

Pathetic.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a pure cover my GM azz if Johnny does well in the next few years and Romo doesn't. Fans will call for his head we are reading his alibi right now. This will be the great cover story if Manziel gets his ring and Romo doesn't.

I don't think we need to worry about this.
It's Cleveland, where a QB's career is dead before it even begins....

Daillest88

Reaction score
Jerry is just a moron period. this whole Manziel thing and now Peterson. theres a reason why youre the only one who wanted him JERRY! I still cant get over how he wanted to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3.. By time that transition is complete we are going to need a new quaterback

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Per ESPN, Peterson called a friend of Jerry's, who handed him the phone, and Peterson said he wanted to eventually become a Cowboy. Jones said they would try to make it happen. Kind of a weird scenario.

well, If that's the case as described, then that's tampering and the NFL could take a draft pick away from the cowboys...