OTL: AP tells Jerry he wants to play for Cowboys when Vikings contract is up

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Man, you'd think from the comments we ACTUALLY picked Manziel instead of Martin.Can we have a collective panty un-twisting now??:rolleyes:

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
The Patriots lost a 1st rounder for flat out cheating, if we lost a 1st round pick for a player reaching out and contacting Jerry... then we'd really have a leg to stand on in this "Anti-Cowboys Bias" thing.

There is a 0% chance we're losing a first round pick for this. 49ers got caught actually tampering a few years back and lost a 5th rounder I believe.

They can have our 4th....

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I view this as positive... The manziel talk. Jerry really wanted him. Jerry will always want his toys.

Guess what? He was overruled.

People should be ecstatic.

That's a good point. The thing people may be worried about is if that situation were to arise again Jerry might think "By God I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!"

dstovall5

Reaction score
Geez imagine Dez and (todays) Peterson on the same team. Downright scary.

Now imagine QBs such as Christian Ponder, Alex Smith, and Jason Campbell throwing for 400 yards / 4 TDs on our D because that's what would happen.

Signing Peterson would show how this organization hasn't changed one bit, he would just be for entertaining purposes only as he'd hurt the team more than he'd help due to his salary implications. If we had a top 12 defense and already had Dez signed, and if Peterson was a free agent next year, I'd say that wouldn't be such a bad idea, but that's just fantasy talk given our current situation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious tampering issue, I'm not sure AP at that point would be any better than what Emmitt was as a Cardinal. Sadly, it would still be an upgrade from what we have had recently at the RB position.