Our 3T Defensive Tackles-time for someone to step up!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
For me it's 100% sunshine, no rainbows. All I got is seeing Osa flash a little last season. I'm just crossing my fingers in hope for him and the rookie. I really don't expect much from the others.
Osa is really the only one that i have hopes for as well. But he had more bad plays than good ones last year

Flamma

Reaction score
Osa is really the only one that i have hopes for as well. But he had more bad plays than good ones last year

Yeah, the dude was a rookie. Sometimes these rookie DTs take 2-3 years. Because he was a rookie I still have hope. The others, not so much. My overall expectations for our DTs are low. So I can only be pleasantly surprised if they break out.

fivetwos

Reaction score
With the primary nickel DEF, Quinn's emphasis is to stop the pass. But we lost in the play-offs because we could not stop the run. Between weeks 1-5 we averaged 79 yards conceded on the ground. Between weeks 6-18 this increased to an average of 130. We gave up an average of 4.5 yards per rush which was the worst in the league (except for Chiefs)

Expect teams to exploit this again if that is our weakness. I would like to see our best run formation used more often (3-4) until we can at least get this rushing average down to nearer what it was at the start of the season.
Explains why we are a completely different team with a lead.