Our backup QB’s are now 1-5

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I think the main problem with this thread is: the Title is like see, see! without dak our Backup QB's are 1-5. And it is attempting to use the point to show how much people should miss Dak being around. To problem with it is they forgot to mention or make like 2-3 is such a good record, and that is based on the NFL rule that gives starting quarterbacks the win officially even if they started for one play instead of the person who was involved in the game winning drive. To many people, they see the rule as being there to prop up legendary QBs win totals so they can say they led their teams to more wins when talking about them in things such as NFL Films. and many people actually see that Dak was 1-3 and Dalton has 2 wins. But either way, non-winning records or any of the Cowboys QBs at this point are nothing to brag about. This was a horrible season from the start when Dak was here where we were almost 0-4 at that point if it wasn't for Atlanta being stupid. Me personally don't like to brag about our players when they lose.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Me personally don't like to brag about our players when they lose.

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to brag on our players when they are shattering all-time NFL passing records, or accomplishing feats that have never happened in the history of the NFL such as 3 consecutive games with 450 yards passing or 3 rushing TDs and 400 yards passing in a game.

Especially so since it’s likely never to occur again for a Cowboys QB.

Dak can’t help it that his supporting cast is terrible.

And we are so far away from being a Super Bowl contender we may as well celebrate our players when they accomplish great things. It’s the best we’re going to get with Jerry in charge.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I think it’s perfectly acceptable to brag on our players when they are shattering all-time NFL passing records, or accomplishing feats that have never happened in the history of the NFL such as 3 consecutive games with 450 yards passing or 3 rushing TDs and 400 yards passing in a game.

And we are so far away from being a Super Bowl contender we may as well celebrate our players when they accomplish great things. It’s the best we’re going to get with Jerry in charge.

Well the question is: Could he keep up going at that pace without eventually running out of steam, or getting injured? What was wrong with the Chip Kelly Offense? If a whole team can't go at a high pace for a whole season, why would a single player?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB. And once Dak went down we have been terrible at the most important position. They are 1-5 as a group, and all but two of those games have been blowout losses including two beatdowns by lowly Washington.

Next year Dak will hopefully be back and at least we can be competitive in every game and hopefully win half of them.

That’s about all we can hope for, since this is a bad team with bad coaching.

Dak threads are your gig, I get it, but Dak can never carry a bad team, its an enormous load to bare for nearly all QBs in this league.
I cant say that I have ever honestly read a single post of yours that was non Dak related,, you could be the leader of his PR team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Incorrect.

Dak is 2-3. Look it up.

Our backups are 1-5.

Do you really believe this? I mean, you gotta be honest here. If you are going to give credit to Dak for that win, then you gotta give credit to Dalton as well. But hey, if you don't, then that tells me everything needed to know about what this coversation is really about.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yet you prop up some bum in Dalton by winning 1 start out of 4 :lmao2::lmao2:

You bozos can't even stay consistent. You tell me Dak sucks but make lame Dalton appreciation threads for winning one single game. There is a reason Dalton has never won a single playoff game in his many starts.He sucks. He doesn't even have close to the playmaking ability Dak does.
Of course he doesnt, Dalton was brought in and payed to be the back up to Dak, which means he doesnt have no where near the cap hit either.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dont worry guys , kellen moore is a "offensive guru" .

he doesnt need super stars in every position to overcome his ineptitude.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak was 1-3 when he went down and is 6-10 in his last 16 games he started and finished

He sucks and isnt the long term answer here.
Lord. How many times must we talk about wins and losses not being a QB stat. Its still amazing to me that when we lose its on him. But when he puts up a win. Its a team effort. lol. And thats not a shot at you. Thats just a general statement.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dude I don’t blame Dak for our losses. He’s just not moving the needle either way. He can’t overcome anything really.

He wants money like he is an elite player that can change games when he just isn’t capable of it.

He’s not the reason we are losing by any means but an elite QB can overcome the odds a lot more times then not.

Paying Pat Mahomes prices for a guy that needs a roster that Andy Dalton could win with is just stupidity.
So how come Dalton isnt winning with the roster?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak was 1-3 when he went down and is 6-10 in his last 16 games he started and finished

He sucks and isnt the long term answer here.
true, I wont go as far as sucks though lol.
He won 1 game , but the media tells people we had # 1 offense, and there were all the passing yds etc, but common sense
tells me that you cant have a true # 1 offense, and not score more points than they did.
like the cleveland game they were stopped at the end when they needed to score.

But the coaching by MM and kellen was and is awful.They had dak throw too much, then after they run alot to beat vikings, they go
back to passing all the time????:huh:

And some say they are tanking, and they may be , as soon as dak goes down they might have decided to tank.
So hard to evaluate bkup qb's when the coaches want to lose the games lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I hope we go back to the Nooch.

I don't even want to think about winning another game.

With the Nooch in, Moore and Fassel can just go crazy and run all kinds of weird ****. Because who cares.
I bet the people who pay hundreds of dollars to go to a game care! I care just watching on my tv lol.
Who wants to watch a team TRY TO LOSE ! Someone should file a lawsuit about it.

Now I know you want the high draft picks, because you visualize what YOU could or would do with those picks, but you are not doing
the picking ! The jones boys are lol.
They only get the 1 first round pick and in 2016 they chose a RB ! lol and in 2019 they chose a WR that they didnt really need.

So I dont know how you think 1 draft picking say # 5 is going to turn this team around.
At best they get 1 or 2 players of need who are good enough to help the team, at worst we get more projects like jaylon, or a taco, or a hill , or a gregory.
and maybe 0 impact players , which is what this team needs in key areas.

Last year we didnt need lamb we needed safetys and lb's and DT,db's and they wait till rounds 4 or later to get any of those.
Picking high only matters if they get the right players, and frankly I dont trust the jones boys to do that.

Wasting this year on purpose , is stupid, they had a chance to win the div and still pick higher than last year, that was the smart move.
Right now they are conditioning the players that it is ok to not play hard, coach stupid, and be losers, and that is pathetic.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Cowboys wasnt exactly stellar when he was playing either. This team is just bad right now.

With Dak we were going to toe to toe with the Rams and Seahawks, now we are getting blown out by 30 to the WFT.

We weren't stellar before, but we weren't bad. Now we are amongst the worst in the league. Big difference.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak threads are your gig, I get it, but Dak can never carry a bad team, its an enormous load to bare for nearly all QBs in this league.
I cant say that I have ever honestly read a single post of yours that was non Dak related,, you could be the leader of his PR team.
Carrying a team is a myth.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Yeah those numbers bring back so many good memories.