Reaction score
Thanks Juke...I haven't laughed that much in a long time....LOL:rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;1305269 said:
Well, these new ones definitely are POORLY engineered.

On more than one occasion, due to faulty design, I have taken off and had the roof fly off and land somewhere by Winicki's house in Olean.

And uh, well, they should make it so you can't start the car if the roof isn't secured. Yeah!

The first time it happened was quite shocking. You're sitting there one second...and the next, you're looking up at a beautiful blue sky. Oops.

So, I went onto ebay to bid on a roof and it struck me that the other 15 people bidding probably had also been victims of the same faulty engineering...so in effect, it was kinda like an ebay Village Idiot's Convention.

I was going to place a bid but then realized how demoralizing it would be lose the competition.

So, I just ordered it from Chevy.

Next time, I'm going to order a half dozen because it's happened three times now.

Damn faulty engineering. :banghead:

:laugh1: Man that is just crazy.

You would think for the money it would be a little better.

Surely someone has come up with a better plan, even if that plan is to jerry rig some clips or something.

I know two things when looking for another car, and not because of your exp.

I don't want T-Tops or a Convertible...I want a power moon roof but no T-Tops or Convertibles.

The only convertibles would be the hard tops that fold down in the trunk or something along that line, but those are out of my price range now so I won't be getting one anyways.

The reason I really want a moon/sun roof is that my car has one Window that works, the AC does not work and the heater will not turn off.

So just imagine a fat hairy guy in the middle of summer driving home from work...talk about hot.:laugh1:

So I figure if the next cars windows go bad, if the ac goes bad, if the heat won't turn off...if somehow fate throws those things to me again...I will have the moon roof to fall back on.:lmao2:

yesfan

Reaction score
2001 silver honda S2000 32000 garage kept.
2007 black Yukon Denali, awesome ride.

DA FAN

Reaction score
Here's Da Wife's car.

Da Durango.

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

JJB500

Reaction score
Juke99;1305269 said:
Well, these new ones definitely are POORLY engineered.

On more than one occasion, due to faulty design, I have taken off and had the roof fly off and land somewhere by Winicki's house in Olean.

And uh, well, they should make it so you can't start the car if the roof isn't secured. Yeah!

The first time it happened was quite shocking. You're sitting there one second...and the next, you're looking up at a beautiful blue sky. Oops.

So, I went onto ebay to bid on a roof and it struck me that the other 15 people bidding probably had also been victims of the same faulty engineering...so in effect, it was kinda like an ebay Village Idiot's Convention.

I was going to place a bid but then realized how demoralizing it would be lose the competition.

So, I just ordered it from Chevy.

Next time, I'm going to order a half dozen because it's happened three times now.

Damn faulty engineering. :banghead:
What year is your Vette, I am assuming it's a 2005 or 2006? I believe they changed suppliers for 2007 and fixed the problem.

JJB500

Reaction score
I am too stupid to post pictures but i have:
2004 GMC ENVOY
2005 DODGE VIPER

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1305323 said:
:laugh1: Man that is just crazy.

You would think for the money it would be a little better.

Surely someone has come up with a better plan, even if that plan is to jerry rig some clips or something.

I know two things when looking for another car, and not because of your exp.

I don't want T-Tops or a Convertible...I want a power moon roof but no T-Tops or Convertibles.

The only convertibles would be the hard tops that fold down in the trunk or something along that line, but those are out of my price range now so I won't be getting one anyways.

The reason I really want a moon/sun roof is that my car has one Window that works, the AC does not work and the heater will not turn off.

So just imagine a fat hairy guy in the middle of summer driving home from work...talk about hot.:laugh1:

So I figure if the next cars windows go bad, if the ac goes bad, if the heat won't turn off...if somehow fate throws those things to me again...I will have the moon roof to fall back on.:lmao2:

:laugh2:

You're a very disturbed young man.

You should get a Flintstonemobile like Cbz has. No worries then.

;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;1306108 said:

You're a very disturbed young man.

You should get a Flintstonemobile like Cbz has. No worries then.

;)

Sad thing is...that is exactly the current condition of my work car...one window, no ac, heat stays on. :bang2:

But it is so long in the tooth I refuse to put that kind of money in it. Just things that are needed to keep it running.

I don't even wash the thing, I am afraid if I did it the body would fall apart, I think dirt is the only thing holding it together.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
my toy

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/back.jpg
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/left.jpg
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/sidemar2.jpg

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1306296 said:
Sad thing is...that is exactly the current condition of my work car...one window, no ac, heat stays on. :bang2:

But it is so long in the tooth I refuse to put that kind of money in it. Just things that are needed to keep it running.

I don't even wash the thing, I am afraid if I did it the body would fall apart, I think dirt is the only thing holding it together.

Oh you're in friggin rare form today.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
diehard2231;1306324 said:
my toy

ZooooOOOOooooom.

:)

BTW, you won't be changing your sig for a long time, huh?

:mad:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
diehard2231;1306324 said:
my toy

my father had that car. and its the very reason my mom wont let me have one haha

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
the kid 05;1306561 said:
my father had that car. and its the very reason my mom wont let me have one haha

Sure, make the guy feel like an old bastid by telling him that your father had the car.

:p:

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
1958 Edsel Pacer 2 door Hardtop, tu-tone Spruce Green Metallic/Mint Green, Teletouch pushbutton automatic transmission, 90k miles. I'm at work right now but I'll get some pictures up later. 1996 VW Jetta most of the time though. Prior to the Edsel I had an all black 1980 MGB Limited Edition convertible with 138 (yes one hundred and thirty eight) miles on it.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Juke99;1307213 said:
Sure, make the guy feel like an old bastid by telling him that your father had the car.

:p:

my dad would only be 38 if he were alive :p:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
stag hunter;1307308 said:
1958 Edsel Pacer 2 door Hardtop, tu-tone Spruce Green Metallic/Mint Green, Teletouch pushbutton automatic transmission, 90k miles. I'm at work right now but I'll get some pictures up later.

I would like to see that... not too many restored Edsels around...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
2006_auto_show_048.jpg

2006 CLK350 - Pewter

Although, I'm about to turn it over to my wife once her 525i lease is up. I get a new car. Problem is it probably won't be new!!! :mad: Just purchase a used car outright instead of dumping more money into another lease.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1314984 said:
2006_auto_show_048.jpg

2006 CLK350 - Pewter

Although, I'm about to turn it over to my wife once her 525i lease is up. I get a new car. Problem is it probably won't be new!!! :mad: Just purchase a used car outright instead of dumping more money into another lease.

Very nice...will you be my sugar daddy? :laugh1:

Seriously though, nice car.:cool:

the kid 05

Reaction score
nyc;1314984 said:
2006_auto_show_048.jpg

2006 CLK350 - Pewter

nice car, althought i have have never been a fan of benz', that one does look might nice