Our Cars...

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I have a couple jeeps and that is all that I drive..
Once you drive a jeep you never go back

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
My ride is '07 Chevrolet Colorado, I absolutly love it. The inline 5 they put in the Colorados is awesome, could beat any normal V8 pick-up off the line.

This isn't mine, but everything is the same.

http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i67/cowboyeric8/colorado.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1370998 said:
I have a couple jeeps and that is all that I drive..
Once you drive a jeep you never go back

I'm a Jeep man, too... currently have a Cherokee, if I ever get a few bucks ahead I'd love to get me one of those Wrangler Unlimiteds (the 4 door Wrangler)... those things are SHARP...

silverbear

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1371105 said:
My ride is '07 Chevrolet Colorado, I absolutly love it. The inline 5 they put in the Colorados is awesome, could beat any normal V8 pick-up off the line.

This isn't mine, but everything is the same.

http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i67/cowboyeric8/colorado.jpg

you're in high school, and driving a brand-new Colorado??

Dayum, and my folks made me pay for my first car, a 67 Camaro that I bought in 70... good thing caddying paid pretty well when I was over in Germany... I made about half of what I needed working the European Tour for a month the summer I turned 15...

And friends, those old leather bags were HEAVY back then... I've got a big ol' Ping staff bag right now, and it weighs maybe half of what one of the big bags weighed back then... I made my money the old fashioned way, I EARNED it... LOL...

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Here is mine...representing!!!!

http://i33.***BLOCKED***/albums/d81/sbuscha/caddy1.jpg

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
silverbear;1371142 said:

Dayum, and my folks made me pay for my first car, a 67 Camaro that I bought in 70... good thing caddying paid pretty well when I was over in Germany... I made about half of what I needed working the European Tour for a month the summer I turned 15...

And friends, those old leather bags were HEAVY back then... I've got a big ol' Ping staff bag right now, and it weighs maybe half of what one of the big bags weighed back then... I made my money the old fashioned way, I EARNED it... LOL...

Heck yeah man. haha, I deserve something for working all these hours out on the farm with my dad. but ha, we got a great deal on it.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
silverbear;1371142 said:

if it makes you feel better my first car was a 1987 plymouth horizon, i got that by painting a guys house for him, broke down 3 weeks into owning it

second car, 1999 dodge neon, purchased at an auction for 500 buck-a-roo's lasted me all through out high school, even did a little this and that to it. looked cool, went like crap

i only have my truck because my neon was hit by a semi (me, my friend and my dog where all ok) and i used my money from my car insurence company and grad money to buy it put 7 thousand down only 5,--- left. payments are an easy 158 a month

silverbear

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1372642 said:
Heck yeah man. haha, I deserve something for working all these hours out on the farm with my dad. but ha, we got a great deal on it.

Hardest work I ever did was makin' hay one summer... hot, dusty... the farmer who hired me had just gotten a new baler, and was workin' on finding out how tight (heavy) he could make those bales... then there was the half a snake in the one bale I picked up... I do believe I set the world record in the bale toss that day, that 75 pounder had to have traveled 30 yards... didn't know I was THAT strong...

Baling hay gave me some really strong forearms that summer, which completely screwed up my golf game... I was hooking EVERYTHING, right down to my sand wedge... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05;1372757 said:
if it makes you feel better my first car was a 1987 plymouth horizon, i got that by painting a guys house for him, broke down 3 weeks into owning it

second car, 1999 dodge neon, purchased at an auction for 500 buck-a-roo's lasted me all through out high school, even did a little this and that to it. looked cool, went like crap

i only have my truck because my neon was hit by a semi (me, my friend and my dog where all ok) and i used my money from my car insurence company and grad money to buy it put 7 thousand down only 5,--- left. payments are an easy 158 a month

Shortly before he died back in 1980, my Dad bought a 1964 International Scout half-pickup, he was a hunting man and he wanted a beater to take out to the fields... got tired of bringing his Bronco home all scratched up... that thing was already a dinosaur when he bought it (it even had the old vaccuum driven windshield wipers), and when he died, it sat in the family garage in Hagerstown for about 3 years... I decided it was senseless to just have it sit there, so I brought it down to my home, titled it in my name, figuring I'd put it up for sale for a coupla hundred bucks...

But I never quite got around to it, I held onto it for several years, just so I could run it when it snowed... I didn't CARE if I wrecked it, and I had a lot of fun tooling around in some really awful weather in that piece of garbage...

Back then, my main car was another 67 Camaro, this one a sweet little SS350 with the TH-350 automatic trans (rare in 67, almost all those automatics were the two speed Powerglide) that I'd found at the garage where I took my vehicles for maintenance, sitting stripped down to the frame, waiting to be restored... I bought it off him, picked out the colors (Daytona Yellow with the black bumblebee stripe around the nose) and the interior (black), and told them what I wanted when they built the engine (it was pretty nice to start, four bolt mains, big valve heads, forged crank and connecting rods)...

Put a shift kit in the transmission, had the Quadrajet carb rebuilt, put in 3.73 gears in the Posi rear end... that thing would flat run... and I d*mn sure didn't want it on the road when it was snowing, so that ol' Scout came in real handy...

Sometimes junkers are the ones you remember the most fondly...

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Calicowboy;1339410 said:
Ok, I was never a fan of the appearance of this generation Mustang, not saying it's ugly, but thought it lost some of the heritage.

Buuuuut DDAAAMMMMMMMMN, Mark that is one sick engine you have. That takes a lot of lovin! What did that beast dyno at?
thanks cali,the last time it was on the dyno was 5 years ago and it made 602/RWHP and 654torque on 91 pump gas. I changed some things around since, and I expect 670 out of it. But hey it's just a number;) :D

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
silverbear;1371142 said:

My MOm had a friend who was going through a divorce and she needed cash , so my mom made me ( her friends car or no car was her words)buy her car and it was a pc of crap.
In the first week that I owned it I had to put more money into it than I paid for it and in the 2nd week the transmisssion went out...

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
diehard2231;1372901 said:
thanks cali,the last time it was on the dyno was 5 years ago and it made 602/RWHP and 654torque on 91 pump gas. I changed some things around since, and I expect 670 out of it. But hey it's just a number;) :D

:eek:

I can't believe the monster numbers Stang owners are getting these days.

I'd love to see the titanium tranny you're sportin! ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1378053 said:

Hey now remember this is a family friendly board.......take it too pm's :D

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I went to the auto show last weekend and the car that caught everyone's eye was the new Camaro.

I can't wait until this bad boy comes out.

0602_camaro_ofsk_02_445.jpg

the kid 05

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1378368 said:
I went to the auto show last weekend and the car that caught everyone's eye was the new Camaro.

you must be the smartest Eagles fan ever :D :cool: chevy rocks me soxs

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1378053 said:

the motor has plenty more in it,will support 1,000 hp,cars these days are getting crazy numbers. It helps you go faster to the gas pump:D the trans is a TKO and it's not spec'd anywhere near those numbers. I dont drive it like I hate it though,I would have to refinance my house to fix it:laugh2:

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
diehard2231;1378427 said:
the motor has plenty more in it,will support 1,000 hp,cars these days are getting crazy numbers. It helps you go faster to the gas pump:D the trans is a TKO and it's not spec'd anywhere near those numbers. I dont drive it like I hate it though,I would have to refinance my house to fix it:laugh2:

HA

I imagine that thing torques like nothing else. Nice ride.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1378368 said:

It looks like the cylons on the new Battlestar Galactica :D

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeagermeister;1378854 said:
It looks like the cylons on the new Battlestar Galactica :D

It looks like a beast zeroing in on a kill!

That bad boy is sweet.

I imagine it's not going to be reasonably priced however with all that hp. They already have the powerhouse C6 Vette.

I'm hoping they price it around the mid 20's to the low 30's as they were priced before.

Are the Trans Am's coming back as well?

the kid 05

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1378856 said:
It looks like a beast zeroing in on a kill!

That bad boy is sweet.

I imagine it's not going to be reasonably priced however with all that hp. They already have the powerhouse C6 Vette.

I'm hoping they price it around the mid 20's to the low 30's as they were priced before.

Are the Trans Am's coming back as well?

From what i've heard the price will be around the price of the v8 mustang (for the camaro)

and from camaroz28.com they say that no to the Trans Am's coming back unfortunately