Our current receivers

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They're forcing Tolbert. Even at punt returner. Dude is not a punt returner. We'll see

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamb had almost 1,000 his first year. I’d guess Tolbert would drop less, but more than 500. Washington, 400-600. How much will the remaining collective (Gallup, Shultz, the RBs, etc.) contribute?
Being a #1 is not about counting yards.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what our opinion of Lamb is at the moment. We'll see soon enough. I need to see him play without Cooper on the team. I think he can be a number 1. But to what extent? How good of a number 1? If he's going to want 25M a year, he has to be fantastic. He's not a quarterback. You can't use the excuse of who else are you going to get? And pay him anyway. He needs to be worth every penny of that 25M, and more. Lots of WRs out there.
Its a legitimate question, we all expect Lamb to be the WR1, but I need to see it first, and havent seen it yet.

Croomraider

Reaction score
We are definitely a run first team this year. Ground and pound and win with defense!
I hope Moore knows that.

Croomraider

Reaction score
If thats true, than why no RB3?

I'm not sure but I should also mention, Zeke is not a wideout. Terrible last year. It's not all Zeke's fault,
the passing plays designed to Zeke were some of the worst Dak throws I've ever seen.
Dak needs to work on his short throws,
finesse. Dude throws it wayyyy too hard at close range.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I should also mention, Zeke is not a wideout. Terrible last year. It's not all Zeke's fault,
the passing plays designed to Zeke were some of the worst Dak throws I've ever seen.
Dak needs to work on his short throws,
finesse. Dude throws it wayyyy too hard at close range.
Pollard is going to be put into slot roles as receiving option, might even get split wide early until we get Gallup back into the mix, until Washington can find his role.
RB3 should become a priority, not sure we have that yet on this roster.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Me too. Right now, and in my opinion, no way I would give him 25M a year. It's not even close right now.
Shouldnt even be a consideration at the moment, lets see how Lamb responds as the WR1 first, no reason at all to even be entertaining an extension at this point.
This is perfect wait and see time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yup, not unless Tolbert comes in ready to play. I do like Wash, but consider him more of a #3 type. Maybe he can function as a #2 for a few games.

Washington looks extremely marginal. 2nd round pick with Pitt. Couldn't make a go of it there in the same system for 4 years, with guys with a vested interest in his success. Not even a ST guy. Available for veteran minimum money. The league seems to share my evaluation. He'll have to learn a new system here. And Dak will have to learn him. He looks like emergency warm body to me.

I could see Brown having a nice start to the season. He's not #2 material. Not really even #3. But given the lack of WR talent and Gallup on the bench, I could see him getting a lot of snaps, and he's at least been in the system with Dak for years.

We were losing lots of wrs this year. Keeping Cooper and Lamb, I'm thinking we're fine and just need to work in role players. Starting the season w/o Cooper, Gallup, Wilson, we're missing a whole lotta snaps from the last 2 years.

I expect that Tolbert plays just because given we've got nuthin, so the best play is to invest in the prospect we've got signed for a few years. But I don't expect him to look NFL ready. Put a decent NFL CB on Tolbert, and double Lamb all day until Gallup is back. For that matter, I'd go with the same defense with Gallup in there. Should be some tough sledding for Dak. No speed at WR.

I've been saying for years that Cooper was the guy who made the offense go. We're gonna see how true that is this year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Being a #1 is not about counting yards.

Being #1 is about getting double covered *and* still producing.

We should have traded Gallup in 2020. His 2019 season was Peak Gallup. Instead, we end up signing him for big money long-term coming off injury. We're the worst.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pollard is going to be put into slot roles as receiving option, might even get split wide early until we get Gallup back into the mix, until Washington can find his role.
RB3 should become a priority, not sure we have that yet on this roster.

Pollard in the hybrid RB/WR role he was drafted for is the one potential uptick I see in the offense. He wasn't just underused as a RB, he was underused as a receiving threat too. We especially need his speed in the secondary with Cooper gone.

Such criminal waste on this team. Cooper looked a little slow last year. Pollard very well may have been our fastest offensive player. Anyone remember him *ever* being sent deep downfield? I remember the Ewok getting over the shoulder balls, but never Pollard.

Anyone got target depth splits for Pollard?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lamb
Gallup
Tolbert
Williams
Brown
Shultz
McKeon
Ferguson
Pollard
Elliott

As a collective, I’d say the upper half, MAYBE top ten. What do YOU say?

Ordinarily, train spotter, they'd be maybe 12th. With Dak, they clearly are in the middle among all teams.

ESisback

Reaction score
I am sure the blokes here who like European movies will know. you just seem to be a train spotter bloke.
So what IS a train spotter? I don’t watch a lot of “European” movies. Don’t know anyone that does. Are they more enlightened somehow? Is trains spotter a derogatory term? Are we supposed to be amused by your terminology?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So what IS a train spotter? I don’t watch a lot of “European” movies. Don’t know anyone that does. Are they more enlightened somehow? Is trains spotter a derogatory term? Are we supposed to be amused by your terminology?

Perhaps you are not amused, but to have you dwelling on it or feeling insecure about it is worth me time.