Our current receivers

kskboys

Reaction score
Washington looks extremely marginal. 2nd round pick with Pitt. Couldn't make a go of it there in the same system for 4 years, with guys with a vested interest in his success. Not even a ST guy. Available for veteran minimum money. The league seems to share my evaluation. He'll have to learn a new system here. And Dak will have to learn him. He looks like emergency warm body to me.

I could see Brown having a nice start to the season. He's not #2 material. Not really even #3. But given the lack of WR talent and Gallup on the bench, I could see him getting a lot of snaps, and he's at least been in the system with Dak for years.

We were losing lots of wrs this year. Keeping Cooper and Lamb, I'm thinking we're fine and just need to work in role players. Starting the season w/o Cooper, Gallup, Wilson, we're missing a whole lotta snaps from the last 2 years.

I expect that Tolbert plays just because given we've got nuthin, so the best play is to invest in the prospect we've got signed for a few years. But I don't expect him to look NFL ready. Put a decent NFL CB on Tolbert, and double Lamb all day until Gallup is back. For that matter, I'd go with the same defense with Gallup in there. Should be some tough sledding for Dak. No speed at WR.

I've been saying for years that Cooper was the guy who made the offense go. We're gonna see how true that is this year.
To be fair, PITT is loaded at WR, w/ Claypool, JuJu, and Diontae Johnson. And then they just added Calvin Austin and Pickens, both good prospects. I think he's a little better than you think, but not by too much!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
So what IS a train spotter? I don’t watch a lot of “European” movies. Don’t know anyone that does. Are they more enlightened somehow? Is trains spotter a derogatory term? Are we supposed to be amused by your terminology?
It's when you're sitting on a train and ate too many boiled eggs w/ vodka chasers and you try to pop a little poot and you pop a little poop instead. No one likes you(aside from the smell) because there's now a little spot where you were sitting. You nasty train spotter you!!!!

ESisback

Reaction score
Perhaps you are not amused, but to have you dwelling on it or feeling insecure about it is worth me time.
Asking for clarification falls far short of feeling insecure, so you can stop feeling giddy about your “clever digs”. And how is it you can dish snarky little comments displaying your “wit”, but more than a sentence in reply is called dwelling?

ESisback

Reaction score
It's when you're sitting on a train and ate too many boiled eggs w/ vodka chasers and you try to pop a little poot and you pop a little poop instead. No one likes you(aside from the smell) because there's now a little spot where you were sitting. You nasty train spotter you!!!!
Thanks for the image!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Define too many.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Gallup will be back fairly soon unless he has a setback.
Imo, Tolbert is a wildcard. If he can have a solid rookie year--which usually means 650-750 yards or so--then they should be fine.

Motorola

Reaction score
Lamb
Gallup
Tolbert
Williams
Brown
Shultz
McKeon
Ferguson
Pollard
Elliott

As a collective, I’d say the upper half, MAYBE top ten. What do YOU say?
TBD.
I'll check back in to opine my 2 cents a month into the season - 10/09/22 = week 5.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To be fair, PITT is loaded at WR, w/ Claypool, JuJu, and Diontae Johnson. And then they just added Calvin Austin and Pickens, both good prospects. I think he's a little better than you think, but not by too much!!!!!!!!

Need per snap productivity numbers. The other side of that "other great wrs" pancake is that defenses would have been focusing on them, and not Washington, giving him a very easy row to hoe when he did get out there.

Could be a diamond buried under a deep depth chart. Laurent Robinson turned out to be a guy like that. At least with Romo throwing to him. But LR had sub 4.4 speed, while Washington is yet another 4.5+ wr.

Washington did have good numbers in his sophomore season. I like him as a prospect for the price. But he's not a guy I want to be counting on to give us anything.

Brax

Reaction score
Wont matter. Lamb was taking the attention from Cooper and it didnt do anything for him.

Cooper was a hinderance to Lamb. With a now defined roll as the true #1 he will thrive. NO one to be pouting about not getting the ball. More opportunities.
The thing he will be number 1 in is dropped passes