Our defense crushed it

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Too bad we couldn't have came away with more of those turnover opportunities as well. They were forced which is the good.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I’m excited about the defense and thought they played well. But let’s be honest, once the panthers got up 10 and with how obvious it is that our offense is awful, I seriously doubt Norv Turner was digging deep in the playbook the rest of the game. Norv may have gotten a little nervous when the panthers missed the extra point that would have made it a 3 score game and then again when we scored.

Got a 2 time super bow champ qb with maybe the best wr in the game and a good running back. Their O-line sucks. If the cowboys come out and play in your face press man coverage again this week and somebody gets burned, the offense had sure as he’ll be ready to play. Since I know the offense sucks, I’m pretty sure the corners will play a little softer this week.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Even with limiting the score to 16 points, the game could have been turned on edge if they had hung onto what should have been two interceptions. That's hard to fathom on top of the disparity of the offense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They would have looked even better had our offense not kept them on the field all day.
I can only imagine how tired our defense will be if our offense stops holding the ball for 2:57 average per drive. They better start getting some cardio in now or they will be in for a long season. That’s only 3 seconds more than last year. If our defense were in shape, they would be even scarier.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
And considering that was against one of the worst offenses in the league makes me wonder how good Carolinas offense is or how not impressive our defense is. We’ll know soon enough.

Aikman efficiency had them ranked #12 offense last season for whatever it's worth.

Don't really see any huge test for them offensively until week 10 when we face the defending world champs though. Even that may not answer questions if Wentz is still out.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And considering that was against one of the worst offenses in the league makes me wonder how good Carolinas offense is or how not impressive our defense is. We’ll know soon enough.
They let Trevor S. scorch then last year in week 2 so we have a big opportunity to leap above last year’s 2 week totals, unless OBJ and Barkley go off on us Sunday night.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Even with limiting the score to 16 points, the game could have been turned on edge if they had hung onto what should have been two interceptions. That's hard to fathom on top of the disparity of the offense.

We did get pretty lucky that Mccafrey fumbled it inside the 5 when the Panthers were cramming it down our throats on their opening drive too

CCBoy

Reaction score
We did get pretty lucky that Mccafrey fumbled it inside the 5 when the Panthers were cramming it down our throats on their opening drive too

That was making a play...and by one of our newly added defensive tackles. Hooooah!

Good defenses do that also...and turn-overs can make a tough game, easier.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
That was making a play...and by one of our newly added defensive tackles. Hooooah!

Good defenses do that also...and turn-overs can make a tough game, easier.

I hear ya. Like I said I was impressed with our defense but I don’t think Carolina dug as far into their playbook as our offense dug into theirs. If I was playing the cowboys, I’d be as vanilla as possible considering the lack of offense.

And if they didn’t fumble it there, it’s 17-0 at half. I def hear ya though, our offense needs to come from our defense lol

aria

Reaction score
Aikman efficiency had them ranked #12 offense last season for whatever it's worth.

Don't really see any huge test for them offensively until week 10 when we face the defending world champs though. Even that may not answer questions if Wentz is still out.
Who was ranked as the #12 offense last year? I was talking about the Gnats, sure you were referring to the Cowboys?

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
David Irving also had a monumental impact upon returning last season and I'd imagine that could be the same. So anyway, there is that too.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Sorry, don't buy it. Our defense played a bad offense and looked good.
Exactly!! They were far from dominant. I thought our pass rush would be more of a factor. Also, we let Cam run outside on at least 3 occasions. Our guys going for the fake, while Cam jogged around the end while laughing.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Who was ranked as the #12 offense last year? I was talking about the Gnats, sure you were referring to the Cowboys?

Carolina. Oh okay though misread. Giants matchup will be interesting though. Eli and a still shaky O-line though Idk

Still see their O being better than ours. Although Eli i'm sure will provide us extra opportunities (Can't be for certain that really helps us )..so who knows

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Exactly!! They were far from dominant. I thought our pass rush would be more of a factor. Also, we let Cam run outside on at least 3 occasions. Our guys going for the fake, while Cam jogged around the end while laughing.

Cams gonna get his on damn near everybody though. Once teams get their lead on us, I don’t see them trying to do much offensively besides waiting for dak to fumble while progressing thru his checkdown options.