Our defense crushed it

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
We need to pitch shutouts to get W’s otherwise we are just wasting good defense while the other team is just trying to get to the end of the game.
I think we can get close to it when X gets back. If X is as intelligent as reported. He has the physical talent

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Strange how a Romo led team scored so little. I thought he was almighty?

Nobody stacked the box on romo. When he finally had a run game, we should have won the super bowl. And then boy wonder showed up the next year and it’s been all downhill since.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Nobody stacked the box on romo. When he finally had a run game, we should have won the super bowl. And then boy wonder showed up the next year and it’s been all downhill since.
Well, the year he showed up was quite uphill. I mean, can't really expect Romo to out do 12-4 (though he could've)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The defense looked good for the most part, but there were issues. The Panther's passing game was pretty nonexistent, they have a lack of WRs, Funchess is their #1 and Olsen was injured early. They were also content once they get a big lead, to just play conservative, let the defense do it's job and keep the clock ticking. This game could have gotten out of hand early if they had an even have an average passing game with the way the defense struggled early, it was like we didn't know Cam likes to run the ball. Carolina is not an offensively explosive team, they're playing with a patchwork OL and few receiving options, especially with Olsen out. Carolina is going to lean heavily on their defense to keep games close and hope CMC and Cam's legs can win them some games. Hopefully, we will be better prepared to start games and some of the other issues, missed tackles etc was just due to some rust.

Overall, the defense looked encouraging, but think this week's game will be a better indicator of how our defense has progressed.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
GB stacked the box on us in the 2014 playoff game. Romo dinked and dunked. Didn’t really throw deep until the 4th and 2 play.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
The only problem last game was one Sean Lee :facepalm: everything else was fine. Lee and read option defense. The read option defense was pretty piss poor as far as preparation

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They played ok. Too many missed assignments and missed tackles. But I chalk that up to.being the first game of the season. I expect even better next week.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I see your putting a lot of stock in Becham's return and Barkley, because last season's 30th ranked offense would not be a better indicator in my mind.

You may be right though. It should be noted though that the Giants put up the fewest points against Jacksonville of any team they played last season. Not exactly an indicator of their offensive prowess so far this season.

The Giants last year was missing OBJ all season, Sterling for a large part of it, lost their #3 WR and played with WRs literally signed off the street, they didn't have a blue chip RB, their best option was a rookie TE, that actually played fairly well considering and one of the worst OL in the league.

Their first game against one, if not the best defense in the league, OBJ hung 11catches for 100+ yds and Barkley notched 100+ yds. People are going to say, "but all of Barkley's yards came off one run" Guess what, it counts and it hurts. If our defense isn't ready and disciplined he will do that to them too, all it takes is one missed assignment or missed tackle. He's going to be harder to bring down than Cam and he toasted our defense pretty good. Their OL is still weak, but it has improved, Flowers is still their weak point and needs to be exploited. The Giants offense is much more balanced and has two explosive weapons to account for and if we make the same mistakes we made last week or come in unprepared, we'll pay a higher price than we did against Carolina.

So, yes, I do think this game will be a better indicator of where our defense is at. We will have hopefully shaken some of the rust off and go against a more balanced offense that does have a couple of playmakers.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
The Giants last year was missing OBJ all season, Sterling for a large part of it, lost their #3 WR and played with WRs literally signed off the street, they didn't have a blue chip RB, their best option was a rookie TE, that actually played fairly well considering and one of the worst OL in the league.

Their first game against one, if not the best defense in the league, OBJ hung 11catches for 100+ yds and Barkley notched 100+ yds. People are going to say, "but all of Barkley's yards came off one run" Guess what, it counts and it hurts. If our defense isn't ready and disciplined he will do that to them too, all it takes is one missed assignment or missed tackle. He's going to be harder to bring down than Cam and he toasted our defense pretty good. Their OL is still weak, but it has improved, Flowers is still their weak point and needs to be exploited. The Giants offense is much more balanced and has two explosive weapons to account for and if we make the same mistakes we made last week or come in unprepared, we'll pay a higher price than we did against Carolina.

So, yes, I do think this game will be a better indicator of where our defense is at. We will have hopefully shaken some of the rust off and go against a more balanced offense that does have a couple of playmakers.

Disregard everything I stated above. I pulled up the Jags 2016 season somehow by mistake. I thought that appeared quite off for the #1 ranked defense and it was.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
GB stacked the box on us in the 2014 playoff game. Romo dinked and dunked. Didn’t really throw deep until the 4th and 2 play.

Yea screw that game lol.

Yea your right though. They did. And we lost. But we were in the playoffs, had over 200 yards passing etc.......i get that everybody is going to stack the box on a running team. Just like teams are gonna play base defense in nickel vs Aaron Rogers. But we can’t even dunk and dunk right now and haven’t been able to in awhile

pacboyX

Reaction score
Dline was good, CB play was good, Heath is a special teamer, LBs we’re going to have a rough day against Cam and Mcaffrey. Can we please draft a S next year, it’s supposed to be pretty deep of a draft for one.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Disregard everything I stated above. I pulled up the Jags 2016 season somehow by mistake. I thought that appeared quite off for the #1 ranked defense and it was.
That's cool. I'm not trying to take air out of our balloon, just trying to be as objective as possible. A game like that, gotta look for a bright spot and our defense showed glimpses of what it might become. Hopefully, we can build on the positives and eliminate those mental mistakes. We have to control the LOS, stop the run and get pressure on Eli and turn him into the fainting goat, he started to look like last year.