Our defense has given up 24 points outside of garbage time

Beaker42

Reaction score
Can we really get some perspective on this defense? I have never seen anyone complain so much about a defense that isn't really giving up that many points. Can they show some improvement, sure, but that is true of about any defense in the league so far. Let's stop being chicken littles about this.
You don’t know football if you aren’t pi$$ed and concerned about our offensive defensive performances so far. No pass rush, no turnovers when given the opportunity and giving up too much through the air.

willia451

Reaction score
Can we really get some perspective on this defense? I have never seen anyone complain so much about a defense that isn't really giving up that many points. Can they show some improvement, sure, but that is true of about any defense in the league so far. Let's stop being chicken littles about this.

Because of the rules changes, modern NFL defenses are designed to give up 17-21 points per game. Minimum. It's all about out scoring your opponent now.

Having said that. As Bill Parcells said, we won't really know what we have until Thanksgiving. Good start however. Regardless.

endersdragon

Reaction score
You don’t know football if you aren’t pi$$ed and concerned about our offensive defensive performances so far. No pass rush, no turnovers when given the opportunity and giving up too much through the air.
I know that we are 2-0 with 2 multiple possession victories, to me that is enough.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because of the rules changes, modern NFL defenses are designed to give up 17-21 points per game. Minimum. It's all about out scoring your opponent now.

Having said that. As Bill Parcells said, we won't really know what we have until Thanksgiving. Good start however. Regardless.
You play who you play

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Every level of this defense has talent.

Idk why people expect a shutout every week. It isn’t gonna happen.

They haven’t been elite.... but I don’t think the defense has played bad at all.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Defenses job is to help us win games.

For an entire quarter and a half to start the game the defense kept us in it. Despite the offense giving them nothing

Do they have thing to cleanup. Yes. I expect they will. But they’ve been far from bad.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Saints, Green Bay, Vikes, Pat's, all easily better than the Raggedy Commanders Offense.
Did you watch the Vikings game today (there is a reason the last time they were good they had Keenum)? No way are they better than the Commanders. Same with the Packers. I will give you the Pats and Saints, but okay I will take a 14-2 record.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I'm sure the games will dictate how we call the defense. Bend don't break is fine when we're up.

Yep we blitzed a lot more last year vs good teams. I think we’ll see that as we get into the season. Remember these guys didn’t have a pre season as well... Byron wasn’t 100% till today.

Give it time. This defense is talented and can be elite. I saw nothing these two games that says they still can’t be.

Just have to clean some thing up.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Defense is fine for a team trying to win a wildcard playoff game. But if they want to do anything more, they need to start forcing the turnovers and interceptions.