Our defense needs a game wrecker inside

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We saw a few weeks ago how 1 interior defensive player can dominate and literally wreck a game with Chris Jones. When you look at all the NFC projected projected top playoff teams, they all have such a player:

GB-Kenny Clark
TB-Vita Vea
ARZ-Watt*
LAR-Donald

All we have is a bunch of mid level upside prospects in Gallimore, Osa and Hill. None of them project to become elite, game wrecker types.

Finding such a player isn't easy as they don't grow on trees, but in my opinion, is the missing piece to our defense.

visionary

Reaction score
its not that they dont learn, its just very hard to find a impact DT that defenses have to plan around

the ones they bring in arent it though

So there has been no great DT available at any of our rd 1 picks in the last 10 years?

you have to spend premium resources and we think top 10 picks can only by OL or CB

no, it is exactly a refusal to learn

We think DT and safety are not worth premium picks and therefore our defense remains average

Creeper

Reaction score
I could not agree more. The Cowboys have missed that player for years. It is a little early for the draft. But there are a couple of players that could fall to Dallas depending on where they draft. Usually game changing DTs do not last into the 20s though. I have my eye on Jordan Davis of Georgia. He is big, strong and an immovable force. I don't know that he has much of a pass rush but he can demand a double team. It will be good to watch him in the Alabama Georgia game.

morasp

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can say that about Gallimore who hasn't seen the field since his rookie season. I would have loved to get Barmore this year, he's been a force in the middle for the Patriots.

blueblood70

Reaction score
its not that they dont learn, its just very hard to find a impact DT that defenses have to plan around

the ones they bring in arent it though
exactly they named 5 ou8t of 32 teams and 100 of DFL lmao they dont grow on trees..like all elite players at any position they are hard to find..

visionary

Reaction score
exactly they named 5 ou8t of 32 teams and 100 of DFL lmao they dont grow on trees..like all elite players at any position they are hard to find..

other than Tyron and Martin we dont have a single elite player on the roster that we have drafted

should we stop drafting players?

blueblood70

Reaction score
other than Tyron and Martin we dont have a single elite player on the roster that we have drafted

should we stop drafting players?
just because player is deemed good in the draft doesn't mean he will turn our to be the wrecking dt hes hyped to be alike all players..again 5-6 named in the nfl to be elite game wrecking dt that means the Cowboys are in the mix with 25 other teams that wish they had it..

BTW some of those listed teams even the rams are in no better shape or worse then us record wise with Donald..what did WATT ever do for the Texans i don't remember very many winning seasons..same goes for many of those players listed not many rings amongst them..

all teams are missing something.

Get out the whambulance for crying fans wishing for something that not always possible to have., they are unicorns..

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
We saw a few weeks ago how 1 interior defensive player can dominate and literally wreck a game with Chris Jones. When you look at all the NFC projected projected top playoff teams, they all have such a player:

GB-Kenny Clark
TB-Vita Vea
ARZ-Watt*
LAR-Donald

All we have is a bunch of mid level upside prospects in Gallimore, Osa and Hill. None of them project to become elite, game wrecker types.

Finding such a player isn't easy as they don't grow on trees, but in my opinion, is the missing piece to our defense.
Jerruh has had plenty of opportunities to bring such a player in. They basically refuse to do so. They chose the gimp over a few of them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we get back our starting DL yes meaning all of the projected day 1 starters, the ones not in our lineup for a very long time together..

tank-gallimore-gregory and others then the backups become even better in the rotation with more energy. We will be better soon..stop the whining..

visionary

Reaction score
just because player is deemed good in the draft doesn't mean he will turn our to be the wrecking dt hes hyped to be alike all players..again 5-6 named in the nfl to be elite game wrecking dt that means the Cowboys are in the mix with 25 other teams that wish they had it..

BTW some of those listed teams even the rams are in no better shape or worse then us record wise with Donald..what did WATT ever do for the Texans i don't remember very many winning seasons..same goes for many of those players listed not many rings amongst them..

all teams are missing something.

Get out the whambulance for crying fans wishing for something that not always possible to have., they are unicorns..

stop with your usual homer garbage to distract from the issue and answer my question

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So there has been no great DT available at any of our rd 1 picks in the last 10 years?

you have to spend premium resources and we think top 10 picks can only by OL or CB

no, it is exactly a refusal to learn

We think DT and safety are not worth premium picks and therefore our defense remains average
What safeties and DT's have we passed up on in the 1st round in the past 10 years? Who are you referencing?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If y'all think a Aaron Donald type prospect dropped to them and they'd pass them up...y'all are misinformed and misguided lol.

Fact is, DT's don't come right in and be wreckers. Hell most of them don't. So yes, a guy like Cee Dee Lamb as a prospect is going to look more enticing than a inferior DT prospect.

Are you guys still upset they passed up Shariff Floyd for Travis Fredericks? Let it go lol.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we do. We've needed it for many years. Unfortunately our personnel department is run by two frauds who just think it's cool to sit in the chair.

In their mind they're stacked at DT and just need to get healthy.