Our first round picks...

Verdict

Reaction score
McFadden is probably out of reach unless we parted with picks and a player. If we don't move up that far I would love to see us select Malcolm Kelly (wr) and/or Reggie Smith (cb/saftety). Smith is also an improvement over what we have as a return man.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Verdict;1910823 said:
McFadden is probably out of reach unless we parted with picks and a player. If we don't move up that far I would love to see us select Malcolm Kelly (wr) and/or Reggie Smith (cb/saftety). Smith is also an improvement over what we have as a return man.

If we can get someone to take Barber for the required 1st and 3rd, I think we can get McFadden and still have one first round draft pick. I would guess it would take two number 1s, and then a 3rd and 4rth to get him. Something to consider.

1a. McFadden
1b. Best Remaining Corner
2. Best remaining corner (assuming we get Roy W.)
3. Gone
4. Gone
5. WR
6. OT
7. OT

elcocinero

Reaction score
VACowboy;1910828 said:
If we move up I'd rather have Long than MacFadden.

Chris Long or Jake Long? I dont know if DE is a real need with Hatcher and Ratliff in the pipe? Jake Long on the other hand fits a need, and is a beast.

SacredStar

Reaction score
elcocinero;1910888 said:
Chris Long or Jake Long? I dont know if DE is a real need with Hatcher and Ratliff in the pipe? Jake Long on the other hand fits a need, and is a beast.

Yeah, there is a real possibility that Jake could have as big as an impact as Joe Thomas had with the Browns.....which was huge.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Long is going realllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy early- he might even go before Mcfadden.
No way we get a shot at him. ANything below 15 would take more then both our firsts.

Verdict

Reaction score
utrunner07;1910875 said:
If we can get someone to take Barber for the required 1st and 3rd, I think we can get McFadden and still have one first round draft pick. I would guess it would take two number 1s, and then a 3rd and 4rth to get him. Something to consider.

1a. McFadden
1b. Best Remaining Corner
2. Best remaining corner (assuming we get Roy W.)
3. Gone
4. Gone
5. WR
6. OT
7. OT

I don't think anyone would give a first and third for MB III at this point since his upside is still currently unknown.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Kelly will be gone before our 22nd pick, I'm guessing. We'd have to move up for him too, not as much, but still.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Verdict;1910917 said:
I don't think anyone would give a first and third for MB III at this point since his upside is still currently unknown.

His upside is known, you haven't watched him? It's just a question of whether he can learn to temper his running style so he can last a whole game.

That being said, I'd rather keep Barber and add another guy in the 2nd or 3rd, than give him and something else up, only to get McFadden and STILL have to get another backup RB.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Aqib Talib, Slaton and Manningham.. Dont care what order or round. Get them all 3.

Reaction score
Rampage;1911050 said:
we need corners and recievers. book it!:laugh2:

I'm glad someone noticed. I'd kinda like to see Manningham and McKelvin just like McShay had it. It would address the two biggest needs. Anyone know Manningham's 40 time? I'd like to see a serious vertical threat.

Reaction score
TheCount;1911068 said:
His upside is known, you haven't watched him? It's just a question of whether he can learn to temper his running style so he can last a whole game.

That being said, I'd rather keep Barber and add another guy in the 2nd or 3rd, than give him and something else up, only to get McFadden and STILL have to get another backup RB.

any idea who might be available? Felix Jones?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1911101 said:
Aqib Talib, Slaton and Manningham.. Dont care what order or round. Get them all 3.

Manningham better not come to Dallas unless it's at least the 2rd round at the absolute earliest! I probably would still be pissed off, though I take Manningham over Bowman everyday and twice on draft day.

Reaction score
Umm I'm not big on taking a WR in the 1st round... I believe Dallas is extremely high on Stanback, I'd be willing to take a guy in the 2nd round. I believe Dallas will focus on running back, either Mendenhall or Stewart would be nice. Also they must get a good COVER corner who will actually break a pass up not just clap his hands together after each play...:rolleyes:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1911454 said:
Umm I'm not big on taking a WR in the 1st round... I believe Dallas is extremely high on Stanback, I'd be willing to take a guy in the 2nd round. I believe Dallas will focus on running back, either Mendenhall or Stewart would be nice. Also they must get a good COVER corner who will actually break a pass up not just clap his hands together after each play...:rolleyes:

If Malcolm Kelly is there at 22, I think you have to take him. He is three times any other receiver in the draft. Then try and snatch Reggie Smith with the second #1 pick. After that, I'm not sure. Trade up with the Dolphins for the 1st pick in the second around and go after a running back since there are so many of them.

1. Malcolm Kelly
1. Reggie Smith
2. Felix Jones (maybe)

That would look might good on draft day!

Of course, Kelly will probably be long gone by the 22nd pick.