Our first round picks...

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Rampage;1911624 said:
so does owens so maybe manningham will turn out ok

Was gonna say the Same thing but people get a little sensitive about TO.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I also really like Malcolm Kelly and Reggie Smith too. They are projecting Reggie Smith to be a safety instead of corner though, not that we don't need a safety. If Kenny Phillips is available, I think you have to take a good look at him. It's a pretty deep RB class this year, we could pick up a good RB to compliment Barber in the 2nd

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;1911624 said:
so does owens so maybe manningham will turn out ok
Owens makes up for it by being one of the best in the league.

Manningham isn't even the best on his college team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's going to be corner and running back with the first two picks because both will make an impact this year.

I doubt any rookie receiver makes an impact on the field in 2008 so that probably drops that position lower in the draft. If you're going to have to develop a rookie receiver anyway, you might as well pick one with potential later.

A rookie running back will DEFINITELY make an impact in 2008, rotating with Marion Barber. And if that running back has any speed and any wiggle ability, he will take this offense to another level.

This defense is a good cornerback away from being dominating. I think Anthony Spencer's second year will result in a pass-rushing monster to help the rush - which I thought was lacking this year. We need a better pass-rushing NT to bring pressure up the middle.

I expect with a few well-placed draft picks and health, this team can match 13-3 or even take the next step all the way to the Super Bowl. The bar has already been set.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
theogt;1911801 said:

I like the Arrington kid. I think he can be had in the third or fourth round.

Reaction score
theogt;1911801 said:

Pretty much, I'd take Arrington over him...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McFadden will not be a Cowboy - period.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;1911472 said:
If Malcolm Kelly is there at 22, I think you have to take him. He is three times any other receiver in the draft. Then try and snatch Reggie Smith with the second #1 pick. After that, I'm not sure. Trade up with the Dolphins for the 1st pick in the second around and go after a running back since there are so many of them.

1. Malcolm Kelly
1. Reggie Smith
2. Felix Jones (maybe)

That would look might good on draft day!

Of course, Kelly will probably be long gone by the 22nd pick.

I think Kelly is a good bet to be around our pick at 22, he's not a freak of nature and didn't really do anything spectacular in college, not knocking him, cuz I would love to have him on the team

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Verdict;1910823 said:
McFadden is probably out of reach unless we parted with picks and a player. If we don't move up that far I would love to see us select Malcolm Kelly (wr) and/or Reggie Smith (cb/saftety). Smith is also an improvement over what we have as a return man.

Lemme guess, you're a Sooners fan... LOL...

I like Kelly myself, but I'd be shocked if he isn't gone in the first 20 picks... as for Smith, is he a CB, or is he a S?? I don't care much for spending a first round pick on a 'tweener...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Verdict;1910917 said:
I don't think anyone would give a first and third for MB III at this point since his upside is still currently unknown.

Upside? hes one of the top 5 to 10 RB right now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sarge;1912054 said:
McFadden will not be a Cowboy - period.
Correct. It is a dream I shared when I believed Cleveland would suck like a Kirby vacuum. Derek Anderson came along and ruined that dream.

Dream Day 1 for me.

22...Sam Baker, OT, USC. If he had not been injured, he is probably a top 10 pick.

29...Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona. Let him be the #3 guy for a year and learn. A great Punt Returner as well.

2nd round pick...Send it to Detroit for WR Roy Williams to replace Terry Glenn.

3rd round...Trade Anthony Fasano to Miami for their 3rd round pick. They need TE, Tony Curtis played very well and Fasano cannot ever replace Witten. With Miami's pick...Spencer Larsen, ILB, Arizona. Will be a Special Teams leader and can groom to take over one day. Very smart. Reminds me of Zach Thomas, but is bigger than Zack.

3rd round pick...Owen Schmitt, FB, West Virginia. Not only can he play FB, he can also fill in at TE. Has very good hands. When he runs he is dangerous. When he blocks whoever has the ball is even more dangerous.

Day 2

4th round...A RB to backup and spell Barber.

5th round...OG or C.

6th round...backup QB to groom.

7th round...CB or S.

burmafrd

Reaction score
What is it with people wanting to spend another high pick on a TACKLE?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1912919 said:
Because 6th and 7th round Tackles always turn out to be Franchise Left Tackles....
What about 4th rounders that were projected as early 2nd rounders, but fall due to injury?

Reaction score
theogt;1912922 said:
What about 4th rounders that were projected as early 2nd rounders, but fall due to injury?

Doesnt matter....

Talent gets drafted high. Potential is drafted in the 4th round.

raichledog

Reaction score
Hostile;1912760 said:
2nd round pick...Send it to Detroit for WR Roy Williams to replace Terry Glenn.

That sounds like the deal of the century. I have heard rumors about that as well, but find it hard to imagine Detroit doing that. Roy is one of the top WR's in the game, why trade him? I understand he has a large cap number next year, and I get that they have Calvin Johnson as well, but to me, they would be crazy to deal Roy Williams.... that said we are talking about the Lions.