Our first two picks will be....

ghst187

Reaction score
1st) G Iupati or G/C Pouncey
2nd) OT Vladimir Ducasse

*not what i want but what I've concluded will happen.
Based on where we are selecting, I highly doubt we trade up and I highly doubt someone like Anthony Davis, Dez, McClain, or Earl Thomas falls in our lap at 27. We are obviously targeting OL. There are only three Ts in the first that i think are destined to be decent LTs, Okung, Davis, and Bulaga. I think Campbell could be a huge bust, Trent Williams will end up at RT. That leaves us out of the top LTs as a RT won't help us much. The other Ts don't strike me as matches esp in regards to value where we currently pick. Ducasse seems to fit our OL style the best of the next tier LTs and although perhaps a bit of a project, he'll have time to learn as Flo will return. Also, Ducasse should be around in late 2nd but gone by early to mid third.
In the first, we'll miss out on the big impact players. In fact, had Iupati not stunk up the Sr Bowl, we probably would've missed out on him at 27. Neither he nor Pouncey will last long in the second so we either reach just a tad and take them now or not at all. The only wildcard I could see would be Damian Williams and that's because of his return abilities. Winds seem to be saying that we will look to upgrade our returns.

Now personally, I'd be great with Iupati/Pouncey and Ducasse however I hate to miss out on someone who could provide a spark to our offense....someone like say Mardy Gilyard, who is likely to be a mid second round pick. I'd love to see us take Iupati, then trade Bennett to the Dolphins for their second, draft Gilyard to boost our return game and WR corps, then take Ducasse with our other second rounder. That would free up the rest of the draft to go BPA and make our team instantly more dynamic. And that trade actually would make a ton of sense as the Dolphins are wanting a TE and Bennett is better than anything in this draft save maybe Grisham, not to mention that the Dolphins second rounder is about where I could see Gilyard getting selected. I know Gilyard doesn't have the top speed of Desean Jackson but I see a very similar style player who will scare a defense and kickoff/punt coverage team.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
ghst187;3265651 said:
2nd) OT Vladimir Ducasse

*not what i want but what I've concluded will happen.
Based on where we are selecting, I highly doubt we trade up and I highly doubt someone like Anthony Davis, Dez, McClain, or Earl Thomas falls in our lap at 27. We are obviously targeting OL. There are only three Ts in the first that i think are destined to be decent LTs, Okung, Davis, and Bulaga. I think Campbell could be a huge bust, Trent Williams will end up at RT. That leaves us out of the top LTs as a RT won't help us much. The other Ts don't strike me as matches esp in regards to value where we currently pick. Ducasse seems to fit our OL style the best of the next tier LTs and although perhaps a bit of a project, he'll have time to learn as Flo will return. Also, Ducasse should be around in late 2nd but gone by early to mid third.
In the first, we'll miss out on the big impact players. In fact, had Iupati not stunk up the Sr Bowl, we probably would've missed out on him at 27. Neither he nor Pouncey will last long in the second so we either reach just a tad and take them now or not at all. The only wildcard I could see would be Damian Williams and that's because of his return abilities. Winds seem to be saying that we will look to upgrade our returns.

Now personally, I'd be great with Iupati/Pouncey and Ducasse however I hate to miss out on someone who could provide a spark to our offense....someone like say Mardy Gilyard, who is likely to be a mid second round pick. I'd love to see us take Iupati, then trade Bennett to the Dolphins for their second, draft Gilyard to boost our return game and WR corps, then take Ducasse with our other second rounder. That would free up the rest of the draft to go BPA and make our team instantly more dynamic. And that trade actually would make a ton of sense as the Dolphins are wanting a TE and Bennett is better than anything in this draft save maybe Grisham, not to mention that the Dolphins second rounder is about where I could see Gilyard getting selected. I know Gilyard doesn't have the top speed of Desean Jackson but I see a very similar style player who will scare a defense and kickoff/punt coverage team.

I may be wrong but I seem to recall reading Gilyard has been projected to the 3rd or 4rth round. He does peak my interest though..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ghst187;3265651 said:
2nd) OT Vladimir Ducasse
If we get Iupati and Ducasse I am throwing a steak dinner party and you are invited.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
The more I think about it. The more I think we will pick Pouncey with our first pick.

They were really interested in Unger last year. That should tell you that they are looking hard for a C/OG to groom and for depth.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3265859 said:
The more I think about it. The more I think we will pick Pouncey with our first pick.

They were really interested in Unger last year. That should tell you that they are looking hard for a C/OG to groom and for depth.

the only question I have about Pouncy - is what we do with Brewster ?

and can he hike the ball ?

if so then hes our back up center & gaurd

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3265895 said:
the only question I have about Pouncy - is what we do with Brewster ?

and can he hike the ball ?

if so then hes our back up center & gaurd

Brewster supposedly can play both guard and tackle, well at least in college...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3265900 said:
I don't follow.:confused:

well I think he is to small to play tackle - Just my opinion

I want another Columbo sized RG - 6-8

or even 6-6

but at 6-4 Brewster is a gaurd

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3265905 said:
well I think he is to small to play tackle - Just my opinion

I want another Columbo sized RG - 6-8

or even 6-6

but at 6-4 Brewster is a gaurd

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he has the long arms needed to play the position and that there are many tackles his size playing very well today. But I wouldn't feel good about him playing the left side....

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3265908 said:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that he has the long arms needed to play the position and that there are many tackles his size playing very well today. But I wouldn't feel good about him playing the left side....

I heard that also - but in my opinion he is a gaurd - guess we will find out in OTAs

with that being said I love to Ducasse turn into a beast at RT

burmafrd

Reaction score
Long arms are more important then height. ALSO, since the DE's and OLB's are rarely more then 6-3, or 6-4, then he does not have to worry about them getting under his pads so much if he was 6-8. Something to think about.

We do need at least ONE guy who can challenge at tackle.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3265912 said:
I heard that also - but in my opinion he is a gaurd - guess we will find out in OTAs

with that being said I love to Ducasse turn into a beast at RT

Yeah I kinda felt the same way till I read about his arm length. IMO, he'll be the RT and will fill in at guard during a pinch.

Just looking at measurables, he's almost identical to Michael Oher

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3266030 said:
Jeans, t-shirt and sneakers.

Jeans, T-shirt and steaks...you know how to turn a mountain man on in the morning.:p:

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
I don't care so much about arms! Give me a guy who can move his feet so that he's not reaching so much. Blocking has become a grab and push dance when it was and always will be about the feet.