Our FO’s offseason FA work summarized in a tweet

dckid

Reaction score
Since 1996 there’s only 3 teams in NFC who hadn’t appeared in a conference championship. Dallas, Detroit and Washington. That’s our peers this era.

The local media have certainly held this ownerships feet to the fire and a sizable segment of fans have too. But unlike most teams in the league our base and revenue isn’t generated from solely the locals.
Yeap all this nonsense about America’s team stops now. We are not same franchise we once were. We are not the Yankees, Lakers, Celtics. You can only live on reputation so long.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Funny that all of you were all excited with these signings now you blast the front office. Smh
I thought Everson Griffen would help out and was wrong. Of the group, I would say he's the exception. We all wanted him at the time.

cowboyed

Reaction score
We can all post caustically about Jerry & Company but we didn't buy Cowboys franchise and aren't paying the monthly operational bills of the stadium, the advertising, insurance or having to manage the extravagant player and coaching payroll that comes with owning an NFL pro football team. When Forbes values a franchise it is based on total revenue generation and market value and not net worth.

I am not crying poor on their behalf or feel sorry for Jerry or Stephen for that matter. I think both are out of touch with what it takes to evolve a dominating team in this era. I wish we had football smarter and more objective general and executive management instead of family members who also manage other businesses. But as I posted before (per Jerry) almost half the salary cap is tied up with injured players. The Eagles are struggling and are in the same injury boat. The Washington Football team isn't playing lights out either unless they play us.

cern

Reaction score
Jerry is the eternal optimist. It's served him well in every phase of life except wins and losses on rhe football field. I find it sad, really. There is no question he wants the lombardy for his fans. I doubt anyone feels worse about the current state of the cowboys than jerry.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
They have goofed free agency of their own players and others. At this point I don’t see how a businessman like Jerry can just take loss after loss. When this team is bad he makes less money.

The problem is that the result of all his buffoonery over the last 25 years is that he owns the most highly valued sports franchise on Planet Earth. If he could be 1/10th the football executive he is a marketer, we’d have 5 more trophies. How he can never win anything and have the team increase in value defies all natural laws.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Is there another GM in pro sports capable of surviving this kind of pathetic incompetence without getting fired? Only Mike Brown who also owns the bungles. 30 other GMs get fired for this kind of organizational slop.

This screams either laziness or incompetence or both. Damning either way.

To just blame the GM is baloney.

McCarthy approved every one of those guys and approved them as being good enough to improve the talent level for his new team.

So Big Mike does not get off Scott free. Add his DC selection to the Failures and that totals a lot of missed opportunity to put some winning together.

It's just not a good start for us with McCarthy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Pro personnel department had a bad off-season. Watching Worley and Poe here locally in Carolina, I knew they were garbage but I had high hopes for McCoy and Zeurlein. Huge disappointments all over the place.

Carolina D is better and with a new coaching staff. Someone on here tried telling me I was wrong that we had the better D but no I am not wrong.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To just blame the GM is baloney.

McCarthy approved every one of those guys and approved them as being good enough to improve the talent level for his new team.

So Big Mike does not get off Scott free. Add his DC selection to the Failures and that totals a lot of missed opportunity to put some winning together.

It's just not a good start for us with McCarthy.
Naw....it’s not and all I heard all offseason was this was all McCarthy so he has to take accountability.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So is that Jerry’s goal? Just to make money and not be in the red? I’d rather make the most money possible.

No, I'm sure that he would prefer to win. It's not like he's being cheap like Mike Brown and sitting on heaps of cap money. He's just not very good at the job he gifted himself, and neither is his son at the job gifted to him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, I'm sure that he would prefer to win. It's not like he's being cheap like Mike Brown and sitting on heaps of cap money. He's just not very good at the job he gifted himself, and neither is his son at the job gifted to him.
Right so what will it take to hire someone? He’s failed year after year. He vowed to always run the Cowboys like he does his business but if it was the oil business he’d never just sit back and lose money or fail.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The problem is that the result of all his buffoonery over the last 25 years is that he owns the most highly valued sports franchise on Planet Earth. If he could be 1/10th the football executive he is a marketer, we’d have 5 more trophies. How he can never win anything and have the team increase in value defies all natural laws.
It does but he also reaps the benefits of inheriting such a die hard fanbase. He couldn’t pull this crap in Jacksonville.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right so what will it take to hire someone? He’s failed year after year. He vowed to always run the Cowboys like he does his business but if it was the oil business he’d never just sit back and lose money or fail.

In a word?

Apathy.

Dedicated, noticeable, impactful, undeniable apathy.

If enough people stop caring, and merchandise numbers drop enough, and ratings drop enough, and attendance drops enough, I think that he would ultimately get the message that his act will no longer be tolerated.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In a word?

Apathy.

Dedicated, noticeable, impactful, undeniable apathy.

If enough people stop caring, and merchandise numbers drop enough, and ratings drop enough, and attendance drops enough, I think that he would ultimately get the message that his act will no longer be tolerated.
And that would never happen. This star is bigger than Jerry. Sigh....we are stuck hoping they fix this in spite of him.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Anyone make a list of the FAs over the last say 5 years? Its not pretty and the only ones who worked out were one year rentals for the most part.

doomsday808

Reaction score
I think the fans need to find ways to hold Jerry accountable. STOP buying Cowboys gear. STOP spending your hard earned dollars fueling the madness. Embarrass him by going to games with paper bags over your heads or signs that send a message. I don't know what else we can do. suggestions welcomed!