Our FO’s offseason FA work summarized in a tweet

coult44

Reaction score

Is there another GM in pro sports capable of surviving this kind of pathetic incompetence without getting fired? Only Mike Brown who also owns the bungles. 30 other GMs get fired for this kind of organizational slop.

This screams either laziness or incompetence or both. Damning either way.

There are a ton of people here who for years have been on board with and defended the Dollar Store approach to free agency. Of course none of them will admit it now. Good thing about CZ is almost every single post in every single thread since the beginning of the site are still here to read. We should pull some of them up

reddyuta

Reaction score
I want all of you who supported these FA moves look yourself in the mirror,there is a sucker looking back at you.THe Jones family is not interested in winning the SB

ESisback

Reaction score

Is there another GM in pro sports capable of surviving this kind of pathetic incompetence without getting fired? Only Mike Brown who also owns the bungles. 30 other GMs get fired for this kind of organizational slop.

As Chevy Chase in Fletch: “Probably both!” IMO, it was probably a combo—one or two bad picks, one or two unlucky picks...Throw in Covid, new coach and scheme without the usual prep time, then a mountain of injuries...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I want all of you who supported these FA moves look yourself in the mirror,there is a sucker looking back at you.THe Jones family is not interested in winning the SB

I thought the McCoy move wasn't bad. Didn't know he had the injury concern, though. Griffen also seemed like a pretty good deal.

I wasn't upset by what Dallas did in free agency, although I was hoping they would actually go after someone in their prime, but that costs more than the Joneses are willing to spend with their current strategy. (I had hoped that Garret was partly responsible for that mind-set and it would go away when he did.)

lukin2006

Reaction score

I think it's both laziness and incompetence. I have no doubt that an NFL GM workday is in the area of 12 or more hours. Jerry's workday consists of doing interviews, patting himself on the back, and making excuses...just pathetic...we fans DESERVE so much better...

I truly believe we have sunk to the depth of the Detroit Lions, NY Jets as terrible franchises...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's both laziness and incompetence. I have no doubt that an NFL GM workday is in the area of 12 or more hours. Jerry's workday consists of doing interviews, patting himself on the back, and making excuses...just pathetic...we fans DESERVE so much better...

I truly believe we have sunk to the depth of the Detroit Lions, NY Jets as terrible franchises...
Cowboys fans deserve so much better.

I know of no other GM in pro sports as lazy as Jerry. While most NFL GMs are studying film and readying for the draft and FA, Jerry is negotiating the next concert or tractor pull for his stayjum. He makes decisions based more on personal comfort than a commitment to winning. He shames the Star he represents.

plymkr

Reaction score
They were all all band aids to begin with. Band aids that didn’t work. Ha Ha didn’t even make this team. OMG. How far has that guy fallen if you can’t even help this D?
No kidding, to be a safety in the NFL and to be cut by the Cowboys. Wow, his career is over. We have the worst secondary in the league on a historically bad defense and he couldn't even make the team. Not something you want to brag to your grandkids about.