Our future is not bright

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Fortunes turn quickly in the NFL.

The Failin Smith and 'Deez.." Law contracts are albatrosses on the surface. But a solid draft or a developmental prospect coming of age can cancel the gloom and doom instantly.

Miles Austin, Jason Hatcher, Ratliff, La'roi Glover etc. These players weren't drafted to be stars but were.
'Failin smith' :lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you have a link to that radio program so I can hear Broaddus speak about the Ben Bloom situation?

I do not but I believe it was Tuesday’s show if I remember correctly.

It was the day before the post I made in this thread.

105.3 the fan.

75boyz

Reaction score
I wanted Urban last year

I think the only reason he’s not here is because he wanted real control and the Joneses were not ready to give it up

Exactly. My choice as well. If the GM/Owner could ever just come to terms with his I must receive all credit for winning addiction.

I believed Meyer was the last best hope at restoring discipline and accountability at the Head Coach's level. I also dont think he would have compromised his personal integrity in order to get lofty paychecks for his later years.

McCarthy has the makings of all the other puppets. Spare me the GB Lombardi nonsense. It's at Aaron's house already.

Go Cowboys

75boyz

Reaction score
Oh well at least we get to beat the worst team in football (well apart from the Jets maybe) this week.

This will be a slam dunk win and people will get carried away similar to winning the first three games of the season vs the worst teams in the league last year!

That is exactly what I think is going to happen too.

75boyz

Reaction score
It’s over. The time to strike was when Smith / Frederick / Martin / Collins were all healthy & in their prime. But Romo was on his last legs and Dak was too young. Now 2 of those 4 OL are likely effectively done with the other two not far from it. I don’t think there’s a single player on this team that I wouldn’t let walk or be willing to trade if there are any takers. Maybe Lamb. This division is so bad that I’m sure this team could still back into the playoffs over the next couple of years but they aren’t a threat to do anything. It’s legitimately the worst spot in the league you can possibly be. Not bad enough to get any better. Not good enough to do anything in the postseason.

Very good post. Agree with ya.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Announce tomorrow all players on the roster are available for a price.
No one is off the table.
Start rebuild.
Fire Nolan

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I think we can agree that no matter what happens the Cowboys can still be good if they are smart and aggressive. The Joneses have the assets.

I think we can agree this is funniest post in a while for sure: if the Joneses are smart ? Who do you think built this mess...and have for the last 25 years.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is asking for more the he is worth? Tell me otherwise? I mean If that statement wasn’t true then why doesn’t he have a contract right now?

Because he wants to get to free agency a year sooner and the Cowboys want to control him for an extra year. Dak is going to win because the Cowboys only have (realistically) one more year of control of Dak.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Jerry's a billionaire; he's not the GM we wish we could be but you should feel better, however, knowing he won't live forever. o_O

This, too, will pass . . . with any luck, we'll beat the Giants and the sun will come shining through! Either that or you'll be sad. ;)

I'm happy when the team is showing signs of upward trend by winning some big games (and continuing the trend). I can't help but be disgusted by an egocentric guy that cares about control and credit more than winning those games.

The guy has been parlaying the 90's success into continued fanaticism for almost 3 decades. I'm happy he'll die without getting the credit he so desperately desires. Just wish he and his family were ready to take their hands off the daily workings of the team (before we're all dead).

I can take pleasure in triumphs over terrible squads like the Giants when the team is spending time trending upward. Currently they are trending down and sideways.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm happy when the team is showing signs of upward trend by winning some big games (and continuing the trend). I can't help but be disgusted by an egocentric guy that cares about control and credit more than winning those games.

The guy has been parlaying the 90's success into continued fanaticism for almost 3 decades. I'm happy he'll die without getting the credit he so desperately desires. Just wish he and his family were ready to take their hands off the daily workings of the team (before we're all dead).

I can take pleasure in triumphs over terrible squads like the Giants when the team is spending time trending upward. Currently they are trending down and sideways.

Agreed. Far be it from me to blame you for feeling that way. So do I, if I'm to be totally honest about it. Heck, I'm a year older than Jerry and am quite determined to outlive him, if the prime mover above us all has anything to say about it. My fervent hope is that in so doing, we fans might get to see some uplifting championship runs like we had back in the glory days. Believe me, I live for that, both day and night. I'll bet you do too.

For the time being, however, let's be content to earn a win over the Giants, assuming we're able to win one at home vs. a division opponent. Here's hoping we both get to enjoy our Sunday afternoon game with a refreshing and resplendent win at AT&T. Have a great Sunday, friend! ;)

Last edited: