Our future is not bright

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We need at least 10 "War Daddies" which we can't seem to find in the draft. We overpay over the hill players which quickly get hurt and gone to IR to get their full money. Player selection and
management is not Jerry's strong suit.
I disagree. Look what LVE did for us in 2018. A monster linebacker or defensive tackle would change the team for the better.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

Jaylon Smith? Terrible contract

Lawrence? Terrible contract

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

Someone please give me a shred of optimism for this teams future....

There's no help coming, either, due to poor drafting.

2017-2019 seem terrible. Maybe 2 long term players in 3 years of drafts.

LittleD

Reaction score
I disagree. Look what LVE did for us in 2018. A monster linebacker or defensive tackle would change the team for the better.

And now look at him. BAD NECK and hurt for last two years. Looks like he will not get a second contract because he is likely to get hurt early and often.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And now look at him. BAD NECK and hurt for last two years. Looks like he will not get a second contract because he is likely to get hurt early and often.
Injuries happen it’s football. We don’t know how lucky we are to have Dak, Zeke, Tyron, and Martin. It will take some luck I know but a trade would also help. Maybe a Quinten Williams for Gallup could be a step in the right direction.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke contract is tough to trade. Cooper is really a two year deal and it’s a bargain. Gallup is the perfect guy to trade. Some think he has potential to be a one. This a perfect scenario for us. We have control so somebody will have to over pay. Then again if you can get a second for Cooper and keep Gallup on a team friendly contract. That might be the way to go. Cooper is going to have an All-Pro season that is worth something. We can agree we are trading from strength. Don’t underestimate Cooper. No one is playing better then he is now.

What about Quinten Williams for Gallup in the offseason.

Lamb is already playing better than Cooper in my opinion. We get out of both Zeke and Cooper after next season. If Gallup wants big money, then definitely trade him. But if we can get him for somewhere around 12 million, I keep him and deal with Cooper.

Lots of work to do on this defense and we will need all the money and picks we can get.

Heck, I trade Jaylon and Lawrence if I can. I get rid of all these guys. Lawrence is a complete waste at this point.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Lamb is already playing better than Cooper in my opinion. We get out of both Zeke and Cooper after next season. If Gallup wants big money, then definitely trade him. But if we can get him for somewhere around 12 million, I keep him and deal with Cooper.

Lots of work to do on this defense and we will need all the money and picks we can get.

Heck, I trade Jaylon and Lawrence if I can. I get rid of all these guys. Lawrence is a complete waste at this point.
Cooper is getting all the coverage. He is the number 1 receiver. Lamb is the slot guy. Gallup has had one good game. I am just putting together realistic scenarios. I think Gallup will get more then 12 million in free agency. He may just be a number 2. I think he was outstanding against Ramsey.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Fortunes turn quickly in the NFL.

The Failin Smith and 'Deez.." Law contracts are albatrosses on the surface. But a solid draft or a developmental prospect coming of age can cancel the gloom and doom instantly.

Miles Austin, Jason Hatcher, Ratliff, La'roi Glover etc. These players weren't drafted to be stars but were.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cooper is getting all the coverage. He is the number 1 receiver. Lamb is the slot guy. Gallup has had one good game. I am just putting together realistic scenarios. I think Gallup will get more then 12 million in free agency. He may just be a number 2. I think he was outstanding against Ramsey.

Cooper is #1, but probably not for long with Lamb moving forward. And he is still getting 20 million per year. I agree about the 12 million number on Gallup.

For my money I sign Gallup for 12 millionish and after another year Lamb will be more than ready for the #1 WR position. I would like to see the Cowboys spend some capital at the TE position rather than the WR position if need be.

Take draft capital from the trade of Cooper or use the money from Zeke and Cooper and bolster the defense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cooper is #1, but probably not for long with Lamb moving forward. And he is still getting 20 million per year. I agree about the 12 million number on Gallup.

For my money I sign Gallup for 12 millionish and after another year Lamb will be more than ready for the #1 WR position. I would like to see the Cowboys spend some capital at the TE position rather than the WR position if need be.

Take draft capital from the trade of Cooper or use the money from Zeke and Cooper and bolster the defense.
I think we can agree that no matter what happens the Cowboys can still be good if they are smart and aggressive. The Joneses have the assets.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Paid big money to Zeke and then have an OC that lives the passing game was not smart

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak has to be held to a higher standard because he wants higher standard money.

His money that he wants screws us.. Thats the problem.

We are 1-3 with him. He's not that kind of QB to overcome.

He starts slow and pads stats after things have gotten optimal.

Not to mention.. Jaylon Smith is screwing us.

La'el Collins is screwing us.

Amari Cooper is soft and won't finish routes..

Demarcus Lawrence is a fraud.

Tyron Smith is out every other week.

Zeke is not worth 15 mill a year to our team. We would be 1-3 without him.

Dak Prescott set the franchise record in the first quarter...please stop.

Dak Prescott is not asking for more money, he is asking for less years...please stop.

Just stop.

LittleD

Reaction score

Dak Prescott is not asking for more money, he is asking for less years...please stop.

Just stop.

Stats lie all the time. Dak is the only player on the Cowboys who could bring in no. 1 picks. We are going to have to tank the season, get rid of bloated contracts and start from scratch.
Yes, stats lie but, as Parcells said you are what your record says you are 1x3 and heading very fast for the basement.

blumayne38

Reaction score

Just stop.
Dak Prescott is asking for more the he is worth? Tell me otherwise? I mean If that statement wasn’t true then why doesn’t he have a contract right now?

jjktkk

Reaction score
We have "fans" wanting us to tank and get an un-proven rookie in here, with this OL for goodness sakes. Go ahead and put a rookie or some low budget journeyman in here and watch how it looks. You guys are gonna wish we had Romo/Dak talent here. Who are you gonna get when Dak leaves? I really want to know.
Personally speaking, I actually want an upgrade over Romo and Dak. After Dak's 20 -17 loss to Philly last year, and then Dak demanding elite QB money and turning down a generous offer, I'm ready to move on and start a new chapter. The upcoming 2021 NFL draft is strong on QBs. I'd do whatever it takes to get Trevor Lawrence.

bigE79

Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

Jaylon Smith? Terrible contract

Lawrence? Terrible contract

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

Someone please give me a shred of optimism for this teams future....
I guess I'll take off my shades..lol... good post.

bigE79

Reaction score
Personally speaking, I actually want an upgrade over Romo and Dak. After Dak's 20 -17 loss to Philly last year, and then Dak demanding elite QB money and turning down a generous offer, I'm ready to move on and start a new chapter. The upcoming 2021 NFL draft is strong on QBs. I'd do whatever it takes to get Trevor Lawrence.
That philly game still pisses me off...how do you lose to that f-ing team like that? Half their team was out, Total choke job!!

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It’s over. The time to strike was when Smith / Frederick / Martin / Collins were all healthy & in their prime. But Romo was on his last legs and Dak was too young. Now 2 of those 4 OL are likely effectively done with the other two not far from it. I don’t think there’s a single player on this team that I wouldn’t let walk or be willing to trade if there are any takers. Maybe Lamb. This division is so bad that I’m sure this team could still back into the playoffs over the next couple of years but they aren’t a threat to do anything. It’s legitimately the worst spot in the league you can possibly be. Not bad enough to get any better. Not good enough to do anything in the postseason.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Oh here is something I heard on the Radio yesterday.

Broaddus said last year when the linebackers coach, Bloom, was gone for a couple weeks last year due to "sickness" he was really suspended by the team for being critical of Jaylon Smith's play.

That feel good Jaylon Smith story doesn't feel so good anymore and the fact that he feels entitled just makes things worse.

The culture is screwed...

The roster is screwed..

Our cap is screwed..

This is a mentally soft football team that has fallen victim to being millionaire Dallas Cowboy rockstars and it shows up on the field.

Yeah.. They'll come out this week and beat up on the crappy Giants and some of you will start pom pom'ing again but who cares.. I want to compete for championships and that hope is already gone for this season.

The best thing that could happen to this team is to finish with 1 win.
Do you have a link to that radio program so I can hear Broaddus speak about the Ben Bloom situation?