Our future is not bright

Blitzen

Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

Jaylon Smith? Terrible contract

Lawrence? Terrible contract

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

Someone please give me a shred of optimism for this teams future....

This front office aims for 8-8 to 10-6 with a playoff berth. They don't bother to aim higher, and take no real steps at getting there. JJ is like the Robert Tilton of NFL owners. Selling hope and prayers is a good tactic in the bible belt. Just gotta have faith and a fifth of Johnny Walker Blue. To be fair, if I was attempting and failing to be thought of as a knowledgeable football guy and GM-I might need plenty of Johnny Walker Blue to look in the mirror too.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This front office aims for 8-8 to 10-6 with a playoff berth. They don't bother to aim higher, and take no real steps at getting there. JJ is like the Robert Tilton of NFL owners. Selling hope and prayers is a good tactic in the bible belt. Just gotta have faith and a fifth of Johnny Walker Blue. To be fair, if I was attempting and failing to be thought of as a knowledgeable football guy and GM-I might need plenty of Johnny Walker Blue to look in the mirror too.

i am concerned about some of the contracts and the fact Dak is not paid yet....i mean our offense is not an issue...but how can a defense deteriorate so badly....our players are not as bad as they are playing??

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed, and if you take the $20 million per year from Lawrence, $10 million from Crawford, $10 million from Jaylen, $6.5 from Griffen, and whatever Lee is making, you have more than enough to pay Dak and rebuild the defense.

These threads are just Dak bashing. Dak plays well, these high priced players on defense can be easily replaced, they don't make plays.

I Cannot disagree...except we unfortunately cannot get out of some of those contracts without serious "dead money"..or I would do that whole list and pay Dak wiht it

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree on the QB part, but don't really think the offense is fine given the constant flux we see on the OL. Tyron Smith is pretty much done and we cannot rely on him to finish out a season so definitely need to find his replacement that can work behind him and learn.. We got a center, but we need a guard - not sure if McGovern will be that guy. Also need to address TE

i wish we would pull trigger on Leary...and i would move Martin to RT...i guarantee out line would upgrade significantly

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yup it's not looking good. This team was built to contend now and yet we're staring at a full defensive rebuild. We wasted Tyron and Zack Martin's best years so who knows how many more elite years we can get out of them now that they're 30.

do you think its easier to rebuild an offense or defense?...i am thinking defense...our offense is fine..except get Leary for RG and move Martin to RT just for this year....our defense adjustments will test how good McCarthey is...does not matter

if he is offensive minded...he has to position the right coaches to put our players in best position...if that may mean moving on from Nolan?

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Dak has arguably been our best player - even though I'm not a fan of Dak.

What would our season look like presently with a rookie QB? Not much different

Crazy scenario from both sides

We have "fans" wanting us to tank and get an un-proven rookie in here, with this OL for goodness sakes. Go ahead and put a rookie or some low budget journeyman in here and watch how it looks. You guys are gonna wish we had Romo/Dak talent here. Who are you gonna get when Dak leaves? I really want to know.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Let Cooper and Zeke go? Top 5 players at their positions. You are just as bad as the Dak haters. The offense is fine. You trade Gallup in the offseason for a high second or low first round pick. Sign the franchise quarterback (Dak). Draft a war daddy. Get some linebackers and secondary help with our 9+ picks we will be fine.

This is a passing team now, that is obvious. And if your going to invest big money in your QB then you shouldn't have to pay a back 15 million. RB by committee with young, versatile backs with speed that can hit the home run plays will be much more effective. And much cheaper. Use that money on the defense.

Trade Zeke and get your picks. Although I doubt anyone will give you much at that salary.

Cooper? Once Lamb was drafted the writing was on the wall. Simply cant have all this capital in WR's when your defense is hurting like it is.

Now if you can get a 2nd or 1st for Gallup sure, that would be a good way to go. Or maybe you trade Cooper and get that.

I would prefer the younger, cheaper option in Gallup and move forward with Gallup and Lamb as the primary targets. All depends on what Gallups salary demands are.

Personally, I feel like Cooper is starting to get a little long in the tooth and will start to have injury issues in the next few up and coming years. Has that stuff type body type.

Last edited:

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
We have "fans" wanting us to tank and get an un-proven rookie in here, with this OL for goodness sakes. Go ahead and put a rookie or some low budget journeyman in here and watch how it looks. You guys are gonna wish we had Romo/Dak talent here. Who are you gonna get when Dak leaves? I really want to know.

Uh we're 1-3 with Dak

0-4 with a rookie possibility

Rookie QB isn't changing much cause our defense is toiletries

That's my point

Swagger

Reaction score
Oh well at least we get to beat the worst team in football (well apart from the Jets maybe) this week.

This will be a slam dunk win and people will get carried away similar to winning the first three games of the season vs the worst teams in the league last year!

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, come on, now -- I just so happen to think our future IS bright . . . but then, so's the atom bomb!!! :omg: :rolleyes: :grin:

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
All we need to do is get lucky and draft war daddy. We have enough picks next draft to bring in some linebackers and secondary help. I just hope we have the coaches to develop the players. I actually see potential in Steele. He is not there yet but he has good feet and athletic. I would have Knight as the left guard next year.

We need at least 10 "War Daddies" which we can't seem to find in the draft. We overpay over the hill players which quickly get hurt and gone to IR to get their full money. Player selection and
management is not Jerry's strong suit.

Qcard

Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

It is only game 4!!!:lmao2::lmao2:

Based on your take and opinions... clearly you never played competitive sports

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Oh well at least we get to beat the worst team in football (well apart from the Jets maybe) this week.

This will be a slam dunk win and people will get carried away similar to winning the first three games of the season vs the worst teams in the league last year!

I'm trying really hard to believe each and every word of what you said but somehow, the rue-age of our recent past has me buffaloed. Thanks, anyway tho! We need all the sunshine we can absorb! If we somehow beat the Giants, I'll recall your words fondly. Let's cling to any hope we can muster. o_O

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You’re future is bright because you hate everything about the Cowboys. This thread is just another example. All your threads and posts are the same. You’re a quitter. The Jones suck and are incompetent but I don’t give up. A coach can make a difference. I haven’t given up on this one like you have. But you quit many years ago so no surprise.

You're so brave.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

LVE? Not reliable

Until Ownership comes to its senses and relinquishes control over football operations to a qualified professional, things will not change. There is no competent, reigning voice like there was with Landry, Johnson and Parcells. Jerry wants to be be the marquis name associated with the Cowboys and he has achieved that. Contrats Jerry, you are the face of the franchise. Take away revenues and you have nothing. You don't win, you don't command respect as a football team and the future looks bleak.

The personnel decisions are mind boggling. How many NFL franchises have wielded domination through the WR position? Lamb is a wonderful player, but when evaluating the state of the 2020 Cowboys, was BPA the right strategy in the draft? How about looking for suitors for a trade out of the pick and adding more young players to the roster. Of course there is no guarantee with this strategy, but lean on your scouts and personnel people to recommend some good prospects to add to the defense. Players who can contribute, compete and add some fury to special teams. The Cowboys have been successful with players from later rounds in the draft, particularly after the second round. How many games have the Cowboys won this year because of their stacked WR unit?

What were they thinking when they let M. Collins go, but sign Wood. Picked up those two washed up DTs in FA, one off the team already and the other doesn't seem to show up on Sunday? Get rid of a serviceable S like Heath for who? Dix? Thompson? Ridiculous!

The OL is in transition now and at least they seem to have the ability to plug some guys in who can play. This is the one area of the team that is being managed with some semblance of competency. I attribute that mainly to the Coach of the unit.

There are a number of contracts that have been given players over the past couple of years that are bringing this team down from a lack of production and salary cap strain. This is nothing new for Cowboys Football, old habit, same outcome.

I had high hopes for McCarthy, but he has been a bust thus far. He and Moore have gone Air Coryell and the flip side of Mr. Coryell's contribution to football was usually a lack of defense. Add in boneheaded decisions at critical moments for McCarthy and we have a very familiar look in Dallas. McCarthy's Staff is unimpressive, and when you look back at the three coaches I recognize above for this franchise, check out the guys they had on staff as coordinators and assistants. Pretty damn impressive list.

Please, blow this thing up.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Jerry's a billionaire; he's not the GM we wish we could be but you should feel better, however, knowing he won't live forever. o_O

This, too, will pass . . . with any luck, we'll beat the Giants and the sun will come shining through! Either that or you'll be sad. ;)

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is a passing team now, that is obvious. And if your going to invest big money in your QB then you shouldn't have to pay a back 15 million. RB by committee with young, versatile backs with speed that can hit the home run plays will be much more effective. And much cheaper. Use that money on the defense.

Trade Zeke and get your picks. Although I doubt anyone will give you much at that salary.

Cooper? Once Lamb was drafted the writing was on the wall. Simply cant have all this capital in WR's when your defense is hurting like it is.

Now if you can get a 2nd or 1st for Gallup sure, that would be a good way to go. Or maybe you trade Cooper and get that.

I would prefer the younger, cheaper option in Gallup and move forward with Gallup and Lamb as the primary targets. All depends on what Gallups salary demands are.

Personally, I feel like Cooper is starting to get a little long in the tooth and will start to have injury issues in the next few up and coming years. Has that stuff type body type.
Zeke contract is tough to trade. Cooper is really a two year deal and it’s a bargain. Gallup is the perfect guy to trade. Some think he has potential to be a one. This a perfect scenario for us. We have control so somebody will have to over pay. Then again if you can get a second for Cooper and keep Gallup on a team friendly contract. That might be the way to go. Cooper is going to have an All-Pro season that is worth something. We can agree we are trading from strength. Don’t underestimate Cooper. No one is playing better then he is now.

What about Quinten Williams for Gallup in the offseason.

Last edited: