Our future QB playing right now...Wentz

sbark

Reaction score
Furthermore NDSU has as many losses as national championships over the past five years. The team had a perfect record over the duration of the season when Wentz was out.

If you're just looking at the player, his mechanics and his decision making (categories where there are significant issues) this shouldn't matter but if you're going to assess the player based on stats it's worth noting that this team as a whole is significantly better than their competition.

could look at it that way, or look at it that the team that played them tough in the FCS playoffs (UNI) plays the game the same way they do...........strong OLine, fly to the ball defense, stop the run, and no read option/spread offense ..........when you think about it---kinda like the Cowboys of 2014, old school football, Roll Tide football

sbark

Reaction score
If they can play, they can play.

Yup, and better yet that they can play from under center, read a defense, progress thru reads...................ie they play the game, not just throw a ball to a pre-ordained option on a down and distance situation.......play the game, don't just run a play

DFWJC

Reaction score
Furthermore NDSU has as many losses as national championships over the past five years. The team had a perfect record over the duration of the season when Wentz was out.

If you're just looking at the player, his mechanics and his decision making (categories where there are significant issues) this shouldn't matter ......

No, it shouldn't.
But he'll be scrutinized more closely...as it should be.
Chances are he's only faced a few players that'll ever see an NFL roster.
I'm certainly pulling for him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The problem for Wentz is going to be the level of competition argument........he can change that at the senior bowl.

However, it is going to be real difficult to leap frog Goff when the last game Goff played he was putting up video game numbers.

At the end of the day, I would be very surprised if Goff is not above Wentz on most draft boards around the league............well see.

LittleD

Reaction score
The problem for Wentz is going to be the level of competition argument........he can change that at the senior bowl.

However, it is going to be real difficult to leap frog Goff when the last game Goff played he was putting up video game numbers.

At the end of the day, I would be very surprised if Goff is not above Wentz on most draft boards around the league............well see.

He doesn't have to leapfrog Goff. Cleveland will take Goff before the Cowboys pick and Wentz will likely be there at #4 for the Cowboys.
This is a no-brainer pick so don't screw it up Jerry.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He doesn't have to leapfrog Goff. Cleveland will take Goff before the Cowboys pick and Wentz will likely be there at #4 for the Cowboys.

Unless he has a stellar draft process, no one has Wentz going in the top 5 right now.

Dane Brugler has him going #21 to the Texans but no one has him going higher at this time.

LittleD

Reaction score
Unless he has a stellar draft process, no one has Wentz going in the top 5 right now.

Dane Brugler has him going #21 to the Texans but no one has him going higher at this time.

It's a long...long time till the draft. You know how things change from process beginning to end.
QB's who show well zoom to the top of the draftboard.

LittleD

Reaction score
You do know he's not in division 2, right? Its D1-AA

You do realize that Jacksonville State almost beat Auburn this year. NDSU just killed them. I think they would
do just fine in a bigger, better conference.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
It's a long...long time till the draft. You know how things change from process beginning to end.
QB's who show well zoom to the top of the draftboard.

This is true but as of right now, he is not part of the conversation at pick #4, though I understand your point.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Very possible...............its a long time till the draft and lots of things can change.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
You do realize that Jacksonville State almost beat Auburn this year. NDSU just killed them. I think they would
do just fine in a bigger, better conference.

Ummm, yes I do realize that. I grew up in North Dakota, and NDSU is my favorite college team along with my alma mater (arizona state).

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Get real, when has there ever been a sub division school QB have a successful NFL career as a QB? Even sitting for a couple of years? It can't ever happen! A first round QB has to come from a major university, all others are mid rounders to udfa. /