Our GM PT Barnam

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
At least McDonalds had the curtesy to get rid of their clown when things on the streets got bad. Unfortunately for us. Our CLOWN holds all the cards. I'd take my chances and wish Jerry Jones had NEVER bought this franchise. If somebody else would of had the balls to agree to fire Tom Landry we'd of never had this clown to begin with.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i felt sorry for him seeing the photo of him looking down with his hands in a prayer gesture. bless his heart.
Yeah, I did too and I don't like feeling sorry for him.

I don't think he's had a tougher week with the team since he's owned it. Losing Markus Paul the day before and then watching his two backup OT's being helped off the field on one drive had him feeling snake bitten and he was down.

cern

Reaction score
Yeah, I did too and I don't like feeling sorry for him.

I don't think he's had a tougher week with the team since he's owned it. Losing Markus Paul the day before and then watching his two backup OT's being helped off the field on one drive had him feeling snake bitten and he was down.
he reminds me of j. alfred prufrock coming to grips with the reality of aging and death just around the corner. reflecting on what might have been.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jones's know how to be mediocre and know how to consistently sell it to their fans.
It's not selling, it's presold.

The only way to explain the Cowboys popularity is to consider it a reality show. They really don't even have an interesting character on the team that viewers could tune in to see their latest escapades. And the resident Ewok has a case of the dropsies so he's not even fun.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Jones's know how to be mediocre and know how to consistently sell it to their fans.

He is only successful because the insane seem to just sit there and take it. Every year the failure happens and every offseason we have the hype machine telling the drooling masses how this year is different and this is the year it's going to happen. This org won't win anything under it's current structure. Will never happen.

stiletto

Reaction score
PT Barnum is also associated with the phrase “There’s a sucker born every minute.” That describes anyone who buys what JJ is selling.

I understand people buying merch and things like that because afterall we are fans but THIS year, why in God's name are people going to the stadium to watch that garbage? I really don't get it. There are definitely a lot of moron Cowboys fans. Anyone that goes to a game this year to support this bowl of poo product is a dope. LOL

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody who pays to go to games are clowns

When I see stuff like this, I tend to think the people saying it are in a way are clowns also.

Example......I do not play golf, I hate it, I think it is stupid. I think watching it on TV is a huge waste of time. But for those that play it and watch it on TV are not clowns. I do not think of them as clowns.
So I had friends that would say stuff like you just did, not calling one a clown, but yak about wasting money, giving it to Jerry, blah, blah blah.

So I said let us compare, as the same people that played, many of them smoke as well. I never smoked.

So I said let's compare what we spend. I had high dollar tickets, $340 per game, 2 seats, parking, plus PSL cost, I was spending around $10K per year from 2009 through 2016, but from 2009 until 2013, I split the cost with a friend. And I rarely ate food at games, and only bought a few beers, or 1 large Dr. Pepper. So not much in food and drink.

So we figured up, as I told them to be honest about how much they spent on golf balls, and for those that smoked, how many packs a day. But of course they were not honest. Because I seen how much they smoke. How much did they spend on food and drink. And when they finished playing, they came to the bar and drank as well. they did this every week, sometimes twice.

When all said and done, they spent as much as I did, and some of them spent more. For the smokers, they dded another $3,000 to $5,000 a year on that habit alone.

So it is what one is willing to pay for entertainment.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So to anyone saying they won't be back, or won't watch, does that mean we don't have to put up with the negativity on an hourly basis? :lmao:
Or will they not watch but continue to post stuff they don't see? :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I see stuff like this, I tend to think the people saying it are in a way are clowns also.

Example......I do not play golf, I hate it, I think it is stupid. I think watching it on TV is a huge waste of time. But for those that play it and watch it on TV are not clowns. I do not think of them as clowns.
So I had friends that would say stuff like you just did, not calling one a clown, but yak about wasting money, giving it to Jerry, blah, blah blah.

So I said let us compare, as the same people that played, many of them smoke as well. I never smoked.

So I said let's compare what we spend. I had high dollar tickets, $340 per game, 2 seats, parking, plus PSL cost, I was spending around $10K per year from 2009 through 2016, but from 2009 until 2013, I split the cost with a friend. And I rarely ate food at games, and only bought a few beers, or 1 large Dr. Pepper. So not much in food and drink.

So we figured up, as I told them to be honest about how much they spent on golf balls, and for those that smoked, how many packs a day. But of course they were not honest. Because I seen how much they smoke. How much did they spend on food and drink. And when they finished playing, they came to the bar and drank as well. they did this every week, sometimes twice.

When all said and done, they spent as much as I did, and some of them spent more. For the smokers, they dded another $3,000 to $5,000 a year on that habit alone.

It's not about cost or price, it's about value.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not about cost or price, it's about value.

Yes and each person has their standards of what value is.
I chose, as well as my friends, to place value on going to the games. My other friends, thought golf and smoking had values.
:laugh:

Another friend went gambling often, and that was value to him, though he never came out ahead on it overall. He did win $25K one week, and lost it the next.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Shut up goofy

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Jerry is the one most responsible for the decline of a once proud franchise.

Nobody has feared this team during the past quarter century thanks to Jerry’s mismanagement.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys are fighting but they are undermanned. The injury situation is the worst I have even seen. Expecting players like The Nooth or Garrett Gilbert to win games is unreasonable. A lot of other teams are struggling not just the Cowboys. You can count the number of good teams on one hand. For example, how do you think Bronco fans feel after watching a WR play QB and complete 1 pass in the entire game? The Bears fans watching the #3 overall pick franchise QB get pounded by the Packers last night. The Raiders fans who think they have a playoff team just get destroyed by the Falcons. Carolina fans, Detroit fans or how about the Rams fans. It's not just the Cowboys who are struggling. While I can understand the frustration we all feel about what the Cowboys have turned into this year, there is every reason to think that next year they will be much much better and more like the team many predicted would be in the super bowl this year.
Got ya.

I hope like heck you are right.

But it's not so much just this year.

It's especially about the last 25 as a whole.

And it ain't just me who is unhappy.

There are as you know many thousands more.

They just do not care to say it..they just leave.

So I respect everybody here as real fans even if we might not agree.

And my concerns are not about the other fans or the website.

It's the owner. In the begining..Jones was controversial firing Landry and hiring Johnson.

Things changed and winning returned in the 90s. Everything Jones did was Golden.

But abruptly after that things changed again. You know the history of our last 25 years.

Jerrah is responsible and should be held accountable. And he is the problem.

I do not blame the players although they have contributed mightily to who we are today.

So for at least now I want a break from this team..not so much the Forum.

Just the uselessness of who we have become as a fan base.

Thanx for your post.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Not everyone has the same view of value and return on entertainment investment. When I had season tickets we had a bunch around us that would say good game regardless of the outcome. I disagreed on losses because I went to see them win.

Some fans go just to see them play, be part of the experience and do not even demand they play well for the investment.
Well they contribute to why Jerry wont change. When his money was affected he signed the great bill parcells

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You'll still watch. Let's admit that much sir.
Actually no.

I will not for now.

I can do without the negativity in my life. 50+ years of following and hoping just to see an upward blip followed by a swooping face plant is not my idea of entertainment.

Just saying.

:huh: