Our Last Offensive play - Dalton Schultz

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I thought he could have done a better job going after the ball. He was held a little bit but he never attacked the ball. I think he could have done a better job and caught it.

What do ya think?

100%

The only thing I can think of he was thinking of maybe playing the deflection if the DB dropped it. That said, he should have enough awareness to attack the ball in the air and become the defender on that play.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
He held his hands out to catch the ball. I think that he wasn’t even thinking of playing defense in that scenario. I don’t even blame Andy for taking a risk there either. It was desperation time

Swagger

Reaction score
The ball should never have been thrown in the first place.

I actually didn't mind decision to throw the ball. What were the alternatives? Take a huge sack leaving 4th and forever or kick a field goal and hope to retrieve a melon kick?

I prefer the odds of throwing it into the end zone towards the biggest and tallest player near the ball. He just needed a little more on it and Schultz either catches it or is held for PI...although he was any way!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I thought he could have done a better job going after the ball. He was held a little bit but he never attacked the ball. I think he could have done a better job and caught it.

What do ya think?

Hard to attack the ball with a 220 pound man pushing down on your shoulder pad. Even if the refs don't call PI they could easily have called illegal contact. But they refused to throw anything.. because.. well.. Goodell hates the Cowboys..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He held his hands out to catch the ball. I think that he wasn’t even thinking of playing defense in that scenario. I don’t even blame Andy for taking a risk there either. It was desperation time
Are you serious? You don't blame 12 year vet in Andy Dalton for throwing a lob into the endzone for an easy INT when you still had another down to try to win the game? Dalton did what he always showed in Cincy: He choked under pressure and simply quit!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Lambs drop on 2nd down sure as hell didn't help....

100% correct. We could have had a manageable 3rd and goal, and if he broke a tackle or two he may have even scored there. Regardless-- this team came up short all year when it mattered most. They never quit fighting and they at least weren't eliminated until week 17, but far too many mistakes and inconsistencies on offense, and horrid defense throughout the year to ever seriously compete with the top 1/2 of the league.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to attack the ball with a 220 pound man pushing down on your shoulder pad. Even if the refs don't call PI they could easily have called illegal contact. But they refused to throw anything.. because.. well.. Goodell hates the Cowboys..
:rolleyes:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you are looking for reasons why we lost this one is pretty low on the list.