Our leading backs YPC in our last 4 playoff losses were 2.4, 2.6, 2.6, 3.7

Gambit

Reaction score
you think you are so clever. You are not. it is just another Dak Excuse Thread

The fact that you react so bitterly to any criticism says it all
I took his post to be critical of run game in playoffs. But hey that's just me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Special needs? He requires a quality running game and a quality rush defense if this team is to have any shot at winning anything in the postseason. Cowboys championship teams had both of those things. They were completely stacked actually. That's not somehow a knock on the QB of the time.
Okay. And I think a productive QB helps that defense.

I agree.... and whined about the RB situation.... when we released Zeke. I also think our O-line is decrepit.

But....the offense was (mostly) good enough...and DAK MVP...all season long. How can that be? It was not just our run defense and RB exposed.

If we are gonna talk about it..then let's be comprehensive and honest.

EJK24

Reaction score
Our recent playoff loses have been a multitude of issues causing them but to stick to the topic, it goes back to basic football. Stopping the run and being able to run it on offense. Our genius' in charge still haven't figured that out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
you think you are so clever. You are not. it is just another Dak Excuse Thread

The fact that you react so bitterly to any criticism says it all
I mean he said Dak played bad the last 2 playoff losses.. is he wrong about the run game? the defense didnt show last game or wait for it...it was Dak's fault...hell i read here all the time Romo was done wrong by Jerry but Dak has all the tools..lolol you guys crack me up...Dak sucked in that playoff game, that doesnt mean the other 52 grown men on that team should've followed suit...period..we can also bring up the coaching..Dak sucks so does the run offense and run defense and in that GB game the pass defense sucked pretty bad also...I got news for you it looked a whole lot like the last 28 years..Dak aint been here for 28 years, you either get that or you dont...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I took his post to be critical of run game in playoffs. But hey that's just me.
We should be critical of our run game all season long. Why be critical just now?

Making excuses for certain parties...might be one reason.

Gremell12

Reaction score
Making excuses for Dak does not sell here

I don't like to waste time but ANY post that mentions Dak Hater means the poster is a Dak Bot
been shown time and time again
you don\t want to believe that fine
don't expect anyone else to

I don't like to waste time but ANY post that mentions Dak Hater means the poster is a Dak Bot
I think the point was they will come with or without that mention. Even when the main text that comes before it makes it clear this is about the run game. But maybe a little too welcoming of me

Gambit

Reaction score
And yet here you are.

Let's discuss the topic of his post, the lack of a running game, particularly in the playoffs.

bigE79

Reaction score
Thats our leading backs YPC in our last 4 playoff losses. 3 of them being 1 score games. We can talk about Dak’s woes. I stood up for him for years. But where is our run game? Is jerry cursed? What’s going on? This has to be borderline a historically bad 4 game loss span for ypc in the playoffs. What other qb doesn’t have a competent run game? This isn’t even close to competent. This is just taking our offense off the field and trying to have our QB have the whole weight of the defense on his shoulders. Hard to get in rhythm without having a first down run from time to time. Yes, let the dak haters come.
I tend to look at it differently,teams make it a priority to stop our run game and force the QB to beat them,it not that difficult to understand.

Gremell12

Reaction score
We should be critical of our run game all season long. Why be critical just now?

Making excuses for certain parties...might be one reason.
I did say we can talk about daks woes and admitted to defending him. Sounds like I was agreeing he played bad. But yes this is a specific post about the run game. I do not wish to make a post for all 53 guys who are active on gameday and how they played. Sounds gross.

1942willys

Reaction score
And yet here you are.

Let's discuss the topic of his post, the lack of a running game, particularly in the playoffs.
yawn
almost as many threads on our running game as on anything outside of Dak
Let me be brief
Our OL coach is not good and the scheme he used this year stank
Pollard is not who some thought he was
And we had some injuries and also Steele was on one leg

Gremell12

Reaction score
I tend to look at it differently,teams make it a priority to stop our run game and force the QB to beat them,it not that difficult to understand.
Understandable. It certainly seems like we are the easiest to stop in that area though…and maybe many others.

Gremell12

Reaction score
yawn
almost as many threads on our running game as on anything outside of Dak
Let me be brief
Our OL coach is not good and the scheme he used this year stank
Pollard is not who some thought he was
And we had some injuries and also Steele was on one leg
Fair. But this is 4 different years of complete and utter failure in that department.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not to change the subject but a reminder how great Emmitt was averaging 4.54 in 17 playoff games and that's not even adjusted for the modern game which has seen ypc increase with the passing game focus.

We need to get back to that. I think we can get stronger at Center for the run game. Also the more I think about it, I wouldn't mind going to get Henry on a year or two rental then pairing him with a fast back in the draft. Backs just aren't getting the contracts they used to and a 30 year old runner isn't likely to land a big pay day either which is why I would support the idea for the right.contract. We know logic says get an RB in the draft, and we should do that too, but for so much riding on the season you want to put it squarely on a rookie?