Gambit

Reaction score
yawn
almost as many threads on our running game as on anything outside of Dak
Let me be brief
Our OL coach is not good and the scheme he used this year stank
Pollard is not who some thought he was
And we had some injuries and also Steele was on one leg
Again for someone who doesn't like to "waste time" and who is bored you have to type out your yawn, you are still here.

Your brief remarks cover this year, however the original post mentioned last 4 playoff games. I know reading in context is difficult for you, please try though.

1942willys

Reaction score
Fair. But this is 4 different years of complete and utter failure in that department.
You seem to think the run game is all about making the QB look good.
The Pass Game should also be helping out the Run game; but when your QB is atrocious then the D will keep ganging up on the run to force him to make more mistakes

1942willys

Reaction score
Again for someone who doesn't like to "waste time" and who is bored you have to type out your yawn, you are still here.

Your brief remarks cover this year, however the original post mentioned last 4 playoff games. I know reading in context is difficult for you, please try though.
And outside of the losing team we beat last year when has Dak played well in a playoff game the last 4 years?

Gambit

Reaction score
We should be critical of our run game all season long. Why be critical just now?
As was shown in the last 4 playoff games it specifically has been an issue.

Why not be critical now?

To be fair one could say, you've been critical of Dak for 8 years, why continue to be critical of him now?

Gremell12

Reaction score
You seem to think the run game is all about making the QB look good.
The Pass Game should also be helping out the Run game; but when your QB is atrocious then the D will keep ganging up on the run to force him to make more mistakes
So i make excuses for dak yet the excuse for the run game is because daks bad? You know the 49ers see more 8 man boxes than anyone? And yet that might be the team you wan’t to see the least as a run team.

Gremell12

Reaction score

Why not be critical now?

To be fair one could say, you've been critical of Dak for 8 years, why continue to be critical of him now?
He’s pretty much saying I wasn’t critical of the run game all season and i’m not sure how he knows that.

I mean I had pollard in fantasy now

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I tend to look at it differently,teams make it a priority to stop our run game and force the QB to beat them,it not that difficult to understand.
well GB had 7 in coverage and stopped the run with 4..so...AGAIN the whole Denver blue print thing..Dak sucked no doubt..but again that doesnt mean the other 52 not showing up is just peachy...

JustChip

Reaction score
No doubt about it.. rushing offense and run D both need to improve drastically.
True. But the running and passing offense is symbiotic relation. One has to function effectively to make the other viable. If the running game isn’t working because the defense is concentrating on shutting that down, Dak and the passing offense HAS to be successful enough to rebalance the defense. And vice versa.

The problem comes when neither is functioning at a high level.

Big_D

Reaction score
Okay. And I think a productive QB helps that defense.

I agree.... and whined about the RB situation.... when we released Zeke. I also think our O-line is decrepit.

But....the offense was (mostly) good enough...and DAK MVP...all season long. How can that be? It was not just our run defense and RB exposed.

If we are gonna talk about it..then let's be comprehensive and honest.

It's still a one dimensional team. Hard to fault the passing offense for putting up numbers all year. The run game doesn't do that. The Rush D got ran over on a number of occasions. It wasn't just Dak that got completely demolished yet again by the Niners in October. You expect the QB to carry the team in the playoffs but have zero expectations for any other aspect.

Gremell12

Reaction score
True. But the running and passing offense is symbiotic relation. One has to function effectively to make the other viable. If the running game isn’t working because the defense is concentrating on shutting that down, Dak and the passing offense HAS to be successful enough to rebalance the defense. And vice versa.

People keep saying this but i’d love to see the actual box/run blitz numbers vs us

Big_D

Reaction score

When does the rushing attack ever function at a high level?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's still a one dimensional team. Hard to fault the passing offense for putting up numbers all year. The run game doesn't do that. The Rush D got ran over on a number of occasions. It wasn't just Dak that got completely demolished yet again by the Niners in October. You expect the QB to carry the team in the playoffs but have zero expectations for any other aspect.
No...that isn;t what I said at all. I LITERALLY...blamed RB and O-line.

So you can see why people don't take Dak apologists for real. They don't even care what people actually say.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why not be critical now?

It been an issue for more than 4 playoff games.

And NO...I have NOT been critical of Dak for 8 years.

Just an endless parade of lies.

I can;t take you people seriously...what the____

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yea Dak needs a run game and a run defense, actually probably 95% of the QBs need that. But Dak does that panic thing and 8 years in it’s not gonna change. He hasn’t been good in the first half of these playoff games. I don’t recall where I saw the stats, but it’s not great, and if he’s missing key passes on 3rd downs and throwing pick 6’s how is the run game gonna help? Maybe the run defense gets a stop.

I dunno, but can’t be a great feeling for a team knowing there’s a chance your QB gonna put you in a hole early.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely played bad the last 2 playoff losses. No doubt. However i think its reasonable and still not an accepted and still an unproven assessment to say he’d be better if we could move the chains running the ball here and there.
I totally agree. I am on record as saying the RB and O-line situation sucks. I am also on record as saying Dak made some VERY nice improvements this season, CeeDee's numbers, and Ferg's prove it.

But it does seem like people go overboard to mention everything BUT Dak.

I admit....it could be my perception and bias. But I do think Dak earns the criticism. People tout his leadership and MVP capabilities. Okay...so take the heat as gracious as the awards.

Gambit

Reaction score
It been an issue for more than 4 playoff games.
Yes, but the post was specifically talking about 4 playoff games

Context matters.

I can;t take you people seriously
Which people is that Steve?

People who wish we could talk about the context of the original post without having to bash or defend Dak?

And NO...I have NOT been critical of Dak for 8 years.
I was using hyperbolic language to demonstrate my point. Which is, you say we can't discuss the running game but insist on discussing Dak when both happened in the past.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Thats our leading backs YPC in our last 4 playoff losses. 3 of them being 1 score games. We can talk about Dak’s woes. I stood up for him for years. But where is our run game? Is jerry cursed? What’s going on? This has to be borderline a historically bad 4 game loss span for ypc in the playoffs. What other qb doesn’t have a competent run game? This isn’t even close to competent. This is just taking our offense off the field and trying to have our QB have the whole weight of the defense on his shoulders. Hard to get in rhythm without having a first down run from time to time. Yes, let the dak haters come.
Aside from Zack Martin, the last four years have been like spinning a roulette wheel on the offensive line:

- Is this the wrong center from Michigan?
- Does our All-Pro left tackle play more than six games this year? Is one of those games the playoffs?
- Which left guard are we rotating now?
- Which version of La'el Collins or Terrence Steele are we arguing about at right tackle, depending on the year?

But we had the best offensive line in the league in 2016, so surely that meant something the last four years, right? That's the trap most of us fall into.

75boyz

Reaction score
Thats our leading backs YPC in our last 4 playoff losses. 3 of them being 1 score games. We can talk about Dak’s woes. I stood up for him for years. But where is our run game? Is jerry cursed? What’s going on? This has to be borderline a historically bad 4 game loss span for ypc in the playoffs. What other qb doesn’t have a competent run game? This isn’t even close to competent. This is just taking our offense off the field and trying to have our QB have the whole weight of the defense on his shoulders. Hard to get in rhythm without having a first down run from time to time. Yes, let the dak haters come.
"Run the damn ball and rest the defense" indeed.

Run game coaching malpractice.