Our leading rushers

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Give me a team that Zeke, Dowdle and Deuce would start for besides the Cowboys?
Rams started last year with Kyren Williams and cam akers. Who was Williams prior to last year? Akers played well second half of 2022 but isn't some great talent. Yet miraculously Mcvay had both players perform well behind a pass poor line again WHY IS THAT?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I appreciate where you are going with this post, but I think using QBs to compare against RBs can be misleading. QBs usually take off when they see significant open field when a play breaks down and usually results in longer yardage and averages than RBs...whith that said, your original point that our RBs/OL Run blocking sucks is legitimate.
I agree that yards per attempt for QBs is typically higher, because they typically don't run unless they need to and have an opening. However, over the course of a season, a non-running QB will typically have very few rushing yards. So it's funny/sad to see a guy like Brock Purdy averaging 21 yards a game while our #1 RB is only averaging 20 yards a game. At this rate, Zeke in on pace to rush for 351 yards. That's your average non-mobile QB.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I stated before the season not to expect anything from the running game. Not with these misfits. They were gonna have to rely on the passing game completely and running only to try to keep defenses honest. And we already know Dak is no Mahomes, or even Cousins or Hurts.

No shock as to what’s happening now. Except for the defense being worse than I thought.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Luepke can right now do everything better than Zeke. Short yardage, block, catch passes and make YAC.
Personally, I think the o ly reason JJ wanted to bring Zeke back was so it would justify his dead money, i.e. he thinks he is getting something in return.
It's painfully obvious that JJ is now 100% focused on preserving his money/wealth over any other objective including winning SBs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
But I was told by @RonnieT24 that Zeke was finally healthy from his knee injury. You're telling me Zeke isn't washed up?

Fun fact for those who need reminding.

Ezekiel Elliott is costing the cowboys 8 million dollars against the cap this year. Between his 2 million contract and his 6 million in dead money from the prior awful contract they gave Zeke.

Other notable RB cap hits around the league:

Derrick Henry: 5.1 million.

Saquon Barkley: 3.8 million

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Ezekiel Elliott is costing the cowboys 8 million dollars against the cap this year.

I think I've reached Joker stage towards the Cowboys. I'm tap dancing down the stairs, maniacally laughing as the world begins to burn...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ezekiel Elliott is costing the cowboys 8 million dollars against the cap this year. Between his 2 million contract and his 6 million in dead money from the prior awful contract they gave Zeke.

Lol...using the 6 mil to bolster your argument. If he wasn't on the team but still getting the 6 would you be making a thread?

Prolly.:laugh:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Barkley was a steal. Very good RB, finally healthy.