Our offseason signings sucked...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone else get this feeling?

That Fabini only made this team because we paid him so much that he better contribute something?
And that Boiman was a waste of money?
And that Vanderjagt looks like he's just going to continue our kicking problems... this time, at a higher pricetag?
And that Coleman is entirely unneeded?
And that even T.O. who is no doubt a fine player, is just causing a lot of unnecessry contraversy and spending for a guy who may be past his peak years and is going to keep guys like Rector, Hurd and Austin from being able to get enough PT to ever come into their own?

Ayodele sounds like he was the only worthy one but now we seem to have more depth at LB than ever so was he even worth the signing?

Not saying we shouldn't have attempted to upgrade these positions... I was all for siging a FS, RT, K, and WR.
But it's ironic how most of them now seem to be unnecessary.

cowboyed

Reaction score
What are you a cheerleader for the morgue, Qwickdraw? Let's see how the season unfolds before writing off signings. We have to hope Parcells and Jones know what they are doing. Are there going to be some signings that don't pan out. Sure. The same can be said of other teams signings. Drafting, trades and free agent acquistions are a moving target proposition for any team.

Qwickdraw, you can't have it both ways. You can't be critical about Boiman being released after getting that big fat signing bonus and then be critical of keeping Fabini around just for the money.

We fans are outside looking in. If we are keeping Coleman on the roster despite the 4 game suspension, there most certainly has to be a good reason for it. You can never have too much veteran backup experience on defense...

With Vanderjagt, I admit I have become a little skittish. But I am going to defer to his overall track record. Let's see how this shakes out over the next game or so. Although Parcells is reported being perturbed about Vanderjagts lack of preseason playing time and erraticness, he did acknowedge that Vanderjagt is trying to work the kinks out by spending extra field time kicking.

T.O. with critical touchdowns or sustaining a drive in regular season games can easily make us forget about the preseason foibles.

So chin up, it may not be as bad as it seems, and one good win at Jacksonville would really stoke an optimistic outlook.

Babalouie out!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

That Fabini only made this team because we paid him so much that he better contribute something?
And that Vanderjagt looks like he's just going to continue our kicking problems... this time, at a higher pricetag?
And that even T.O. who is no doubt a fine player, is just causing a lot of unnecessry contraversy and spending for a guy who may be past his peak years and is going to keep guys like Rector, Hurd and Austin from being able to get enough PT to ever come into their own?

Ayodele sounds like he was the only worthy one but now we seem to have more depth at LB than ever so was he even worth the signing?

Not saying we shouldn't have attempted to upgrade these positions... I was all for siging a FS, RT, K, and WR.

McQ beat out Petitti as did Fabini...

Boiman was there for LB insurance and the younger guys -- and Ellis -- surprised...

Will see about Vandy - no one was complaining when they signed him...

Ayodele is starting and has played good in camp...

Colmeman was FS insurance that cost us nothing if we cut him...

The media caused most of the TO situation.

I certainly don't see it like you do, sorry.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Guess I'm just in a bad mood this morning. ;)

But I'm just saying it's ironic how in the same year we make all of these signings, we start having loads of youth step up and play for a change.

Not complaining.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
For most of those guys, it's a numbers thing. Hard to project that we'd have other guys step up. Hindsight..........

Hiero

Reaction score
people will complain either way. either we didnt do enough in FA and bill blew it, or we spent too much on old guys. personally I think we did pretty good especially considering nobodys perfect and how many fa busts there are leaguewide.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you need to build through FAs and the draft. We are just better at the Drafting part.

Woods

Reaction score
dmq said:
Unfortunately, you need to build through FAs and the draft. We are just better at the Drafting part.

Who would have thought that a few years ago?! :)

fweegy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Quickdraw? X-Dawg? Same person? Inquireing minds wanna know

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

:bow: I said it 2 months ago and people have cried ever since...

The question is why did they suck ....

The Answer?

Jerry Jones is a fool ...a millionaire country bumpkin wo wants to win...which is great BUT he's not a football man.

We NEED a GM

Woods

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
:bow: I said it 2 months ago and people have cried ever since...

The question is why did they suck ....

The Answer?

Jerry Jones is a fool ...a millionaire country bumpkin wo wants to win...which is great BUT he's not a football man.

We NEED a GM

Actually, he's a billionaire country bumpkin . . . .

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Guess I'm just in a bad mood this morning. ;)

But I'm just saying it's ironic how in the same year we make all of these signings, we start having loads of youth step up and play for a change.

Not complaining.

Bad mood or not...how about stop making multiple threads to complain about draft picks and signings and all of the woe is me act.

How about sticking to one thread to vent your frustrations and silly complaining!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
full%20screen%20ledge.jpg

Why wait, go ahead and end your misery.

kmd24

Reaction score
You'd be complaining about how BP & company sat on a pile of salary cap money if they didn't make these signings.

I, for one, am glad that they covered a few bases.

What if Columbo hadn't fully recovered? What if a 7th round draft pick hadn't stepped up? What if Ollie Hoyte hadn't been available? What if Ellis had sucked at OLB and Carpenter hadn't moved inside?

For a change, so many things went right this offseason. Celebrate our good fortune, don't continue to look for something to complain about.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Bad mood or not...how about stop making multiple threads to complain about draft picks and signings and all of the woe is me act.

How about sticking to one thread to vent your frustrations and silly complaining!
Sorry.

I must have mistaken this for a Cowboys fan forum and place of football discussion/debate.

Next time, I'll just start another T.O. thread.:rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Sorry.

I must have mistaken this for a Cowboys fan forum and place of football discussion/debate.

Next time, I'll just start another T.O. thread.:rolleyes:

Or maybe next time you will just post in the same complaining thread YOU already made!

For the record I find the multiple TO and QB threads annoying as well.

Difference is I don't complain about them while making the multiple annoying threads about something else.

juck

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

maybe your head should be imposed on that sig of yours instead,lol.j/k

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Or maybe next time you will just post in the same complaining thread YOU already made!

For the record I find the multiple TO and QB threads annoying as well.

Difference is I don't complain about them while making the multiple annoying threads about something else.
And the clouds are made of cotton candy and women don't fart.
I know.

They were 2 different topics of discussion.
Hence, 2 different threads.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Nah. Fabini was getting paid backup money, and if I recall...less than what Boiman was making, whom got cut. Fabini made the team because he has a lot of NFL experience at both tackle positions and he played pretty well in the preseason games, despite looking lousy in training camp.

I could agree with that. However, Boiman looks like he was cut because the LB competition has been excellent and Oliver Hoyt is a monster on special teams coverage. Boiman was a backup and it appears like we've found a guy in Hoyt that is better at special teams and has more upside. So yeah, they wasted money for a year, but considering what they appear to have gotten in return, I'm happy with it.

I agree.

I don't think he's unneeded. Davis, Roy, and Elam are more or less true SS's and not FS's (although all three have played FS at one time). If Watkins gets hurt or struggles too much, it would be nice to have Coleman step in and take over.

If you feel comfortable with Rector, Hurd, and Austin starting then you have a lot more nerve than I do. Outside of the bike incident, most of the controversy has been conjured up by the media....even to the point where many members of the media are acknowledging that.

Again, it's a good problem to have. Dallas' LB corp needed to improve so they signed Ayodele. Now a bunch of other LB's stepped up and it looks like we are stockpiled. That stockpile of talent allowed us to trade Shanle (a guy we would've cut) to NO for possibly a 4th round pick.

Again, it *appears* that it's a good problem to have....well, except the kicker spot. Right tackle seems to have done better than we expected, but it's still a question mark.

YAKUZA