Our offseason signings sucked...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
LarryCanadian said:
Someone crunch those numbers, but I'm guestimating for the price of Fabini, Kosier, and Rivera, plus $2-3 Million per season, we could maybe have had Wahle and Hutchinson, who aren't likely to decline over next 2-3 years where 2 of the names above will start wearing away at whatever tread might be left.

Nope. Kosier, Rivera and Fabini make a combined $8.3 million per year. Hutch and Wahle combined make $12.4 million per year -- and we'd still need a veteran backup tackle. Not to mention that the Vikings had to make Hutchinson's cap number more than $13 million for this season to help pry him away from the Seahawks.

Hiero

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Nope. Kosier, Rivera and Fabini make a combined $8.3 million per year. Hutch and Wahle combined make $12.4 million per year -- and we'd still need a veteran backup tackle. Not to mention that the Vikings had to make Hutchinson's cap number more than $13 million for this season to help pry him away from the Seahawks.
don't ruin their fantasy world madden free agency with real numbers adam.

burmafrd

Reaction score
AND We would have had to have beaten Carolina's offer by a fair amount since he wanted to play at Carolina. So add a couple more million.

jman

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Anyone else get this feeling?

That Fabini only made this team because we paid him so much that he better contribute something?
And that Boiman was a waste of money?
And that Vanderjagt looks like he's just going to continue our kicking problems... this time, at a higher pricetag?
And that Coleman is entirely unneeded?
And that even T.O. who is no doubt a fine player, is just causing a lot of unnecessry contraversy and spending for a guy who may be past his peak years and is going to keep guys like Rector, Hurd and Austin from being able to get enough PT to ever come into their own?

Ayodele sounds like he was the only worthy one but now we seem to have more depth at LB than ever so was he even worth the signing?

Not saying we shouldn't have attempted to upgrade these positions... I was all for siging a FS, RT, K, and WR.
But it's ironic how most of them now seem to be unnecessary.

First, I admit I didn't read this entire thread, but here's a sugestion.

I know you are a Cowboys fan, won't accuse you of not being one. But maybe you can become a Commanders fan in the off season since they always are making the "big" splash in the off season. Everyone gets all excited about Little Danny's spending sprees and it will give you plenty to be giddy about.

Then, when the season start, come on back to the Cowboys and enjoy the ride that is being a Cowboy fan.