Our ongoing disadvantage - Opposing players got clues to Cowboys offense from Boise State

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no problem with that.

Really? Because it sure reads like you do. Any criticism turns into more of your "it's all Jerry's fault" campaign. Everyone else gets a free pass in the backlash.

How do you suggest we get the better coaches?

Well you can't get new ones until you get rid of the old ones, right? I'll start there.

Start with ending the horrible union of the Jones and Garrett families, one which has done nothing but negatives for this franchise.

Start there.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
There’s no question we didn’t tackle well,” linebacker Sean Lee said. “All of us didn’t tackle well. That’s something we usually hang our hat on ... Just traditionally, that’s what we do, but we didn’t do it today.”...

By the time the defense regrouped to allow just 14 yards of offense in the fourth quarter, it was too late.

“We can’t wait for a couple of explosive runs to decide that, ‘Oh, we’re going to buckle up and trust each other and play more disciplined,’” linebackers coach Ben Bloom told USA TODAY Sports. “We need to do that from the start of the game.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-explain-aaron-jones-run-defense/3905428002/

...The Cowboys have allowed at least 117 rushing yards in three of their five contests so far, including both losses. Players and coaches said they will hammer further this week on basic fundamentals, setting the edge, gap fits, assignments and aggressive tackling. But players from the largely intact fifth-best run D in 2018 left this Packers loss baffled by a Green Bay team they had felt prepared to take on. The Cowboys insisted they weren’t surprised by scheme as much as they failed to execute.
sound like this team stuck in a Vicious Circle... Groundhog day all over again

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys had nearly 600 yards in offense against the Packers.

Maybe the Packers should have studied the Saints/Boise state a little better.

Maybe they should have? Maybe the Packers staff didn't do a good enough job in that area? LaFleur isn't Sean Payton just yet, is he?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think its a tell they give away it's just that we are trying to take what a defense gives and that plays into their hands. If they show man with 2 safeties deep, its probably looking like a run favorable look so we opt to run but the saints give this look on purpose so we do run and they run blitz right up the middle to meet zeke at the line. What Moore/Dak didn't do is adjust based how they play us. In both losses we did move the ball ok at times it was just the turnovers that killed multiple scoring attempts and lack of a defense to stop them ever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really? Because it sure reads like you do. Any criticism turns into more of your "it's all Jerry's fault" campaign. Everyone else gets a free pass in the backlash.

Well you can't get new ones until you get rid of the old ones, right? I'll start there.

Start with ending the horrible union of the Jones and Garrett families, one which has done nothing but negatives for this franchise.

Start there.
I’m looking for realistic solutions.

Who’s the next puppet you’re suggesting ?

See, I was right. It is another Garrett bashing thread. Lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m looking for realistic solutions.

Which I gave you. What is "unrealistic" about firing the Garretts?

Who’s the next puppet you’re suggesting ?

See, I was right. It is another Garrett bashing thread. Lol

Yeah, go right back to that, much easier than actually thinking isn't it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and he sucks when we win so their is that he sucks pretty much bottom line and has since he has been here
So, you don’t like the culture and team we’ve become under Garrett’s watch?

Or you just don’t like the results?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So we’re still talking about the Saints game? :laugh:

They have really good DT’s something we have an aversion to and they knew our plays.

We will continue to struggle with teams that only rush 4 and still generate pressure....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which I gave you. What is "unrealistic" about firing the Garretts?

Yeah, go right back to that, much easier than actually thinking isn't it?
I’m challenging the solution. You don’t seem to like that?

You actually believe there’s a better puppet out there to mingle with the Jones.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh on the Fan said our DT’s try to crash so fast in that they just pick a gap and go. Meanwhile the DE is looping around the edge to kill the QB. That creates a monster hole anyone could run through. The LB’s also play too close to the line like we are playing the wishbone or something I noticed.

As I stated last year teams are using our aggressiveness against us and have figured out a way to burn it.

Doesn't Rod preach 'get up the field'? That seems it has a lot to do with it. They have one goal in mind and it is get up the field as fast as they can. And have no thoughts of leaving gaping holes behind them. Also doesn't help that our DTs are pretty weak and get pushed around. And then our LBs can't get off the blocks at all. Our defense is and has always been the huge issue with this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facts spun to support a narrative.

What is the "narrative" that players from opposing teams have to make these comments and bring attention to it?

Give me your conspiracy theory about how they're involved in this plot to "take down Jason Garrett" that you're trying to concoct here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is the "narrative" that players from opposing teams have to make these comments and bring attention to it?

Give me your conspiracy theory about how they're involved in this plot to "take down Jason Garrett" that you're trying to concoct here.
Your using it to support this narrative not them.

What these players are seeing is same thing we are seeing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m challenging the solution. You don’t seem to like that?

What are you "challenging" exactly? I can't "dislike" anything that doesn't exist.

You actually believe there’s a better puppet out there to mingle with the Jones.

I actually don't care about it at this point. But you go ahead and keep on with your sad, deluded "Jerry sucks, better puppet" nonsense that everyone tired of ages ago.

Nobody cares.

If you're not mature enough to handle the conversation and what is being discussed here, maybe you shouldn't?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
So, you don’t like the culture and team we’ve become under Garrett’s watch?

Or you just don’t like the results?
if u don't win then the rest don't matter the number one stat in the nfl is winning or losing the rest don't matter

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Same ole march under a different title.
Please carry on Lynch Mob. Lol

lynch%2Bmob.jpg.cf.jpg