Our QB is broken

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak has done everything he can without the arm talent and decision making capabilities needed to play the position at a high level. He's played off the talent of this roster much like Cooper Rush did in his short stint taking over for Dak. Rush IMHO isnt a backup in this league on most rosters. This is what pisses me off the most. We've spent 8 seasons with this guy with stacked rosters only to be let down in crucial games because this guy couldnt handle it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
Our fan base needs education.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
For whatever reason, this guy gets the yips when he plays a top team or a good playoff team. It’s really a shame and not sure he ever shakes this. There are anomalies like last year at Tampa and the Seahawks in ‘19. He definitely looks nervous and starts out terrible in these games.

Nav22

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.
LOL, Dak's the biggest reason we had a great offense during the regular season.

It certainly wasn't our mediocre run game.

Did Dak choke vs Green Bay? Absolutely. But let's not rewrite history. He was balling in the regular season.

For the record, of course I'd trade Dak for Mahomes. Duh.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys roster always seems stacked when play NFC East teams or bad divisional teams. The Cowboys seem to come up way short when they play Super Bowl contenders. The Cowboys roster is overrated.We have 6-8 legitimate guys that can play for anyone but the rest of the roster is a bunch of JAGs. The Joneses are the problem.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LOL, Dak's the biggest reason we had a great offense during the regular season.

It certainly wasn't our mediocre run game.

Did Dak choke vs Green Bay? Absolutely. But let's not rewrite history. He was balling in the regular season.
Lamar wouldn’t be any good in Dallas. If you watched the Houston game the real hero of that game was the Ravens defense. Mahomes is an all time great. He would be great anywhere he went.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Reasons:

Something weird is going on in his head in the post season (and against SF). His mind had to be racing, his vision had to be blurry when he almost threw the other two picks against GB.
It's some kind of big game anxiety, kind of like the yips with the golf match on the line. This is back to back playoff games in the first half...scary.

He was so good in the regular season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Reasons:

Jerry doesn't believe in his own kids right now, he loves Dak like the son he's always wanted, therefore he's going to pay him nicely

nobody

Reaction score
Yes, Dak is broken, badly. He's a perennial choker, but he is far from the only one on the team. He wasn't the only reason we lost. Can we fix him? Doubt it. Can we fix other aspects? Likely. Did Jerry do what was necessary to fix things. No. He ran it back.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
For whatever reason, this guy gets the yips when he plays a top team or a good playoff team. It’s really a shame and not sure he ever shakes this. There are anomalies like last year at Tampa and the Seahawks in ‘19. He definitely looks nervous and starts out terrible in these games.
Then gets garbage stats that makes Jerry want to pay him

Silverstar

Reaction score
The only thing that is really going to help Dak at this point in his career is a POWER running game. I think that should be the focus this offseason and getting players in FA/draft to make that happen. It's the only way the Cowboys can reach their goals wth Dak IMO. Does that mean adding better OL and RB's or is it more about coaching and scheme...I'm thinking both.