Our QB is broken

Creeper

Reaction score
I am going to compare Dak to the guy he wants to be paid more than: Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes and the Chiefs had the ball about 23 minutes against Buffalo. Buffalo controlled the clock and time of possession, but Mahomes won. He won when they had Tyreek. He won with a poor defense...and Sunday he won with a good defense. He always beats Buffalo even when his defense collapsed and only left him 13 seconds. It's HIM...he's the reason and so he deserves that money.

A good QB plays well and ANSWERS scoring drives. Instead of answering the call against the Rams, he played very conservative and hesitant and shrank...all the while demanding top money. If you can sustain drives by not throwing high and wide on 3rd down, maybe your poor run defense can rest? The guy making the most money and has the ball in his hand the most can't shrink. If he's Trent Dilfer, fine. If he's Mr. Irrelevant, fine. If the's Franchise QB who wants all his money, NO.
Measuring Dak or any QB against Mahomes is pointless. Mahomes is head and shoulders above every other QB in the league. Everyone wanted Mahomes to be their QB. Everyone wants to draft a Mahomes in the upcoming draft. But in the 24 drafts I have analyzed going back to 2000, only 2 QB have been drafted that can elevate their teams above everyone else. Brady and Mahomes. These players are generational talents. The don't come in every draft or every round of every draft.

The fact is, worse QBs than Dak have made it to the Super Bowl, unless you think Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick and Jimmy G are better than Dak?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Measuring Dak or any QB against Mahomes is pointless. Mahomes is head and shoulders above every other QB in the league. Everyone wanted Mahomes to be their QB. Everyone wants to draft a Mahomes in the upcoming draft. But in the 24 drafts I have analyzed going back to 2000, only 2 QB have been drafted that can elevate their teams above everyone else. Brady and Mahomes. These players are generational talents. The don't come in every draft or every round of every draft.

The fact is, worse QBs than Dak have made it to the Super Bowl, unless you think Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick and Jimmy G are better than Dak?
My friend...that is..in fact...how measurements are done. You need a relative value or standard by which all others are "measured". Fortunately Mahomes provides an agreed upon STANDARD for QB. Dak ain't the worst in the regular season, but when it comes down to a tournament of the best under pressure....he is the WORST.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Exactly.. his fanboys are just cycling excuses.. now it’s the defense, when for the last two years Dak wasted a top 1-3 defense and Milner 1 TO defense that allowed Dak to pad stats because of field positioning caused by TOs or to build leads. Last time when he threw the pick to Gallup, which was essentially the same pick as far as field positioning to Cooks, the defense held the 49ers to a FG. Just like when it was Gallup, they blamed Cooks for “route running”. So it’s either the WR of the defense. They held multiple times in the regular season if I remember correctly when Dak threw one of his bone-headed league-leading receptions. The last few years they also blamed OL, while they were top 5, especially in terms of sacks and pressures. Now they are also blaming Pollard and the rushing attack when last year and the year before, both Zeke and Pollard were averaging over 5 YPC for a third of the season.
Love the way that was phrased. Spot on. Cycling excuses hoping to pass the time until they have full leverage...

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.
I would say this is the most ripped post in this thread. You are smart, but this is dishonest accounting and you know it.

Creeper

Reaction score
My friend...that is..in fact...how measurements are done. You need a relative value or standard by which all others are "measured". Fortunately Mahomes provides an agreed upon STANDARD for QB. Dak ain't the worst in the regular season, but when it comes down to a tournament of the best under pressure....he is the WORST.
So where are you getting the QB who is a good as Patrick Mahomes? Are you cutting every QB you draft who does not measure up to Mahomes or Brady? This makes no sense.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So where are you getting the QB who is a good as Patrick Mahomes? Are you cutting every QB you draft who does not measure up to Mahomes or Brady? This makes no sense.
HONESTLY...these kinds of questions annoy me. Who is the QB you're gonna get after "near MVP" Carson Wentz? Who is the QB you're gonna get better than Jared Goff? Alex Smith? Joe Flacco? I could go on and on. One thing I do know...if you do NOTHING you're not going to get better. That we can guarantee.

Flamma

Reaction score
Please stop, this is revisionist history.

When the score got to 48-16 the Packers pulled most of their starters on both sides of the ball. Specifically on defense they pulled Kenny Clark, Preston Smith, Rashaan Gary, and Quay Walker -- all their best players.

Talking about "the 32 points" the Cowboy scored is just silly. They scored those last 16 points in what was essentially pre-season conditions. It just doesn't mean anything. The offense scored 16 points when it counted.
Yeah, any points and statistics gathered after the game is over, I take with a grain of salt. No more pressure on the Cowboys players, the game was over. And the GB D relaxed too.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak has always been "broken".

I would speculate that 2016 was the worst thing that could have happened to him. Developmental wise at least. Financially it was the best thing that could have happened. lol

Dak was under no pressure to win in 2016. Third stringer who was never expected to see the field. Fate put him on the field behind the best o-line and running game in 20 years. Defenses had nothing on him to study and played us like Romo was slinging it all over the field. Dak handed the ball off and hit Beasley in the middle all season. Every single thing fell exactly right for him and he drove the bus to a very nice regular season.

Then came the playoffs. For the first time he faced real pressure as a pro QB. He proceeded to suck for the first half, even though Zeke and the o-line were killing it. He blew a couple great opportunities, the team fell significantly behind, GB softened up a bit with the big lead. Then, with the reduced pressure of being way behind with low expectations of a comeback he started to get the ball to the playmakers who did their thing and the legend of Dak was rooted.

2017 Defenses took away the middle and Dak struggled to adjust.

2018 Season started terribly. The term "separation" became the word of the year here at the zone. Receivers were getting roasted here and they were chirping back. (sound familiar?) Made the playoffs only to lose in the same way they lost in 2016. A little different this time in that the Rams made it priority to stop the RG and force Dak to beat them. Dak did nothing in the first half. Even though the defense was giving up rushing yards they did manage to keep the score close, but it was three and out after three and out putting them right back on the field. Dak finally started to make something happen, in the fourth qtr. Once again though, way to little and way to late.

2019 Dak completely choked in the biggest game of the year. The win and your in against Philly.

I'm sure you remember the 2021, 2022 and 2023 win or go home chokes.

Sure. The defense played it's roll in some of those losses, for sure. That does not absolve Dak at all from his roll in disappearing for looong stretches in the biggest games of those seasons.

Dak has been way overrated and the chickens are coming home to roost. I honestly can't believe how much some of you have been fooled. He's pretty much the same QB he's always been.

I'll root my heart out for him, but I'm not foolish enough to bet on him.
I've posted this same thing since 2016. the 'legend' of Dak sums it up.. all hype and absolutely no substance.

Without Zeke.. Dak goes down in a ball of flames in 2016 and we never hear from him again. The franchise got really unlucky in 2016.. romo going down cost this organisation a ring, possibly more, and there is no one that can convince me otherwise.

Dak has NEVER been the driving force for our success during the regular season.. he is a competent bus driver at best. And he gets found out time and time again in tougher games.

It is horrible that Dak and Romo get compared but it is what it is.. what I will say is that Romo can transition to broadcast and make observations.. like or loath him.. he can still read a defence when he prepares. We could also easily pick out 20+ games that Romo won purely on his own brilliance... Dak would be lucky to have 5.

Dak got handed an oline and running game.. and the defence has improved year on year. Dude is a fraud.

Swagger

Reaction score
I've posted this same thing since 2016. the 'legend' of Dak sums it up.. all hype and absolutely no substance.

Without Zeke.. Dak goes down in a ball of flames in 2016 and we never hear from him again. The franchise got really unlucky in 2016.. romo going down cost this organisation a ring, possibly more, and there is no one that can convince me otherwise.

Dak has NEVER been the driving force for our success during the regular season.. he is a competent bus driver at best. And he gets found out time and time again in tougher games.

It is horrible that Dak and Romo get compared but it is what it is.. what I will say is that Romo can transition to broadcast and make observations.. like or loath him.. he can still read a defence when he prepares. We could also easily pick out 20+ games that Romo won purely on his own brilliance... Dak would be lucky to have 5.

Dak got handed an oline and running game.. and the defence has improved year on year. Dude is a fraud.
Post of the year thus far :clap:

Creeper

Reaction score
HONESTLY...these kinds of questions annoy me. Who is the QB you're gonna get after "near MVP" Carson Wentz? Who is the QB you're gonna get better than Jared Goff? Alex Smith? Joe Flacco? I could go on and on. One thing I do know...if you do NOTHING you're not going to get better. That we can guarantee.
First, no one is arguing we should do nothing. But the question all you "cut Dak" fans will not answer is who takes his place. I posted the stats yesterday. 294 QBs have been drafted since 2000. 69 in the first round. 10 have won a Super Bowl and 18 have gone to the Super Bowl. Of those 18, I would argue 10 are no better than Dak. That includes Rex Grossman, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, and Jared Goff.

I completely agree to get better you have to change the things you are doing wrong. But first make sure you know what you are doing wrong. Making emotional decisions is not a good plan. And that's really what all this anti-Dak stuff is. It is an emotional reaction to a bad loss. Stop the penalties, get a running game, and fix the run defense, and they have gotten better, probably good enough to go further in the playoffs.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Some people just give you an insight into how they live their lives and don’t even know it. I too dislike the who are you going to get exactly question. It’s disingenuous because every time you mention someone it always some well this person or idea won’t work for xyz reason.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Some people just give you an insight into how they live their lives and don’t even know it. I too dislike the who are you going to get exactly question. It’s disingenuous because every time you mention someone it always some well this person or idea won’t work for xyz reason.
Scarcity, weak-minded, fretful mentality.