Our QB is broken

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
so the people who had confidence in the defense said they don't trust Dak. how did the defense do again?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
Dak needs to be a selfish ******* and put everyone in theirr place. If CD does not like, stop throwing him the ball.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak is a 4th round pick, and is doing more than what could be expected of a 4th round pick. Brock is the last pick in the draft who is only doing what he is doing because of the system and the coach he has. Dak has not had the OC who can use him to his capabilities, kind of like 11 does not have the DC to utilize him to his capabilites. These are the real issues, and our friends in Philly would probaly agree with me 100%

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
LOL, Dak's the biggest reason we had a great offense during the regular season.

It certainly wasn't our mediocre run game.

Did Dak choke vs Green Bay? Absolutely. But let's not rewrite history. He was balling in the regular season.

For the record, of course I'd trade Dak for Mahomes. Duh.
The definition of choking is "balling during the regular season" only to lose by subpar play when there's pressure. Otherwise we would all agree he sucks. No, it's just against big time opponents in pressure situations.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
For whatever reason, this guy gets the yips when he plays a top team or a good playoff team. It’s really a shame and not sure he ever shakes this. There are anomalies like last year at Tampa and the Seahawks in ‘19. He definitely looks nervous and starts out terrible in these games.
It's a splinter in his mind. He can't figure it out. Mahomes was INVIGORATED by the opportunity to prove winning on the road doesn't bother him. Dak? LOL...everything must be perfect or it can never be his fault. No wonder he feels the pressure to live up to the God-like expectations of his loyal stans.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
it's true, sometimes players just need a fresh start somewhere else. It works for kickers and some QB's and others. Do I think it will help Dak? No, but I concede the possibility. What I think will help him most is some intense therapy that would train him not to panic and be anxious about those big games so he'd just relax. It's obvious all mental. Dude just needs to chill. Is it a cure all for him? no, but it would help a lot.
I think if he went to another town he would have already gone on a serious run. Then again, he's some of the best rosters and coaching money can buy gifted to him since he was a rookie.

Pug4366

Reaction score
LOL, Dak's the biggest reason we had a great offense during the regular season.

It certainly wasn't our mediocre run game.

Did Dak choke vs Green Bay? Absolutely. But let's not rewrite history. He was balling in the regular season.

For the record, of course I'd trade Dak for Mahomes. Duh.
That’s because there is no pressure in the regular season. When playoffs come Dak tightens up instead of being loose. He needs to embrace the playoffs like Mahones.

StylisticS

Reaction score
We all know that as soon as Dak blows up a few crappy teams next season all will be forgotten. His fan club will once again tout him as an MVP candidate and try to convince the masses he's top 5 all time. And then, just every other season in his career, he will have to go up against the good teams and get his arse handed to him. Rinse and repeat.
And the schedule next season is going to have more than just SF and Buffalo. All four of the AFC North teams will be tough no matter where the game is at. Dak will play SF and Detroit again. He better start learning to beat elite teams soon.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak got fooled badly and in embarrassing fashion but he is hardly broken.

It was his first year with a new technique, scheme, and decision making process. When you look at the route concepts they were using it was a lot of basic 1984 49ers stuff. Three quick slants was one of Brown's first substitutes for run plays. Taylor and Rice ran it ad nauseum.

Similarly, by the time the 90s rolled around teams had figured out and gameplanned the WCO to the hilt. Woodson, Norton, and Pup used to peel off and jump those slants too.

We were playing checkers while they were playing chess rolling out disguised, random, and well executed zone looks. The idea that Dak cannot learn and overcome this is asinine. All that give and take has been going on for 50 years.

Dak's main issues are his declining mobility and prohibitive salary.