Our QB is broken

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Never said it was any thing against Romo. I said the team PRIVATELY would have revolted if they went back to Romo. Garrett said this to Jerry. This is what was said openly by many. That's why Romo CONCEDED what was already privately obvious...it was Dak's team.
something about the inmates running the asylum comes to mind

Flamma

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.
With how we played defense against the Packers, I don't think Mahomes makes a difference.

Lamar? The Ravens haven't had the greatest playoff success with him. Including choking away a 14-2 season by losing to a 9-7 wildcard back in 2019.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
FYI….Hurts has one, too. Same for Wilson I believe. I suspect most franchise QBs have that, but don’t really know and not inclined to ho research it.
Isn't it something new for Dallas? I don't remember it ever mentioned for any other QB here besides Dak.

LocoBates

Reaction score
- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
One idiot once tweeted "I'm DONE Taking up for Romo. #hadenough" and "You're suppose (sic) to Throw it over the guys head. That was the most embarrassing one of them all. #stoptakingupforhim"

Staubacher

Reaction score
something about the inmates running the asylum comes to mind
LOL you're exactly right. These Cowboys players all get pampered and coddled on this team so who cares what their opinion is when they never taste a championship. They love McCarthy because he's easy on them

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This is my point. Look at the Rams game. Dak was 8-13 for 87 yards in the first half. Zeke was our leading rusher with 20 carries for 47 yards. Dak gets the blame because the Rams ran all over us. controlled the ball and stuff our running game? How many yards should Dak have thrown for in that game considering everything else?

This "analysis", leaves out 3 other games. The two the Cowboys won and the loss to Green Bay in 2016. Why? because those games don't fit the narrative. It also ignores the fact that many games are close in the first half, then 1 team pulls away. What was the score of the Texans -Ravens game at half time? What was the final score?

I get it, the Cowboys haven't advanced in the playoffs, but is is not just because of Dak. He Byron Jones made a play in 2016, the Cowboys would have been in the NFCC game. And if that happened it would have been because Dak refused to quit.

As I said, off all the QBs in the final 4 which do you think could be relied upon to win a game if they had no running game or Dallas's defense?
I am going to compare Dak to the guy he wants to be paid more than: Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes and the Chiefs had the ball about 23 minutes against Buffalo. Buffalo controlled the clock and time of possession, but Mahomes won. He won when they had Tyreek. He won with a poor defense...and Sunday he won with a good defense. He always beats Buffalo even when his defense collapsed and only left him 13 seconds. It's HIM...he's the reason and so he deserves that money.

A good QB plays well and ANSWERS scoring drives. Instead of answering the call against the Rams, he played very conservative and hesitant and shrank...all the while demanding top money. If you can sustain drives by not throwing high and wide on 3rd down, maybe your poor run defense can rest? The guy making the most money and has the ball in his hand the most can't shrink. If he's Trent Dilfer, fine. If he's Mr. Irrelevant, fine. If the's Franchise QB who wants all his money, NO.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Against teams below .500.
He will argue to the bitter end to defend his poster boy, and I don't believe most posters here believe it was Just Dak, whole team was a no show.
Dak just happens to be the Cowboys franchise QB, that has proven time and time again to be the ultimate choke artist when it actually matters.
Quinns defense has been designed with the personnel on hand to play its best with a lead.
This D fails miserably when playing from behind, both are to blame.

LocoBates

Reaction score
This is an after the fact video, not players publicly declaring at the time they didn't want to go back to Romo.

This video doesn't disagree with anything I wrote. It specifically supports what I said about the players wanting to stick with what was working. He specifically said there was nothing against Romo at all, and that it was all about the momentum at the time
So basically, Church is saying the TEAM decided to continue with Dak instead of going back to Romo "because of momentum".... good thing the Denver TEAM didn't think the same with Tebow and Payton Manning, they didn't get blinded by the "momentum" of dink and dunk QB... instead they put Manning on the important games (Playoffs) and won the SB.

Also noticeable how the other guy was already giving "leadership" credits to Dak for the Defense and Offense diner organization, love how Church shot that down

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Has Dak's playoff performances mirrored his regular season performance or his talk? No. Has he asked to be the highest paid QB in the league? Yes. Is he going to ask to be that again when he shrinks in the playoffs? It appears.
lol Dak is the least of our problems & im not a dak fan. im ready to move on as well but no one talks about our constant soft defense.

the great purdy looked pretty bad to me and who bailed him out?

work on that defense dallas or not even Mahomes would win anything here

Flamma

Reaction score
Mahomes puts up 50 with these receivers against that defense.
He'd have to. I'm just not sure he does. Remember, he's on a better coached team. Fat Mike didn't have this team prepared. I don't know that Mahomes can make up for that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
lol Dak is the least of our problems & im not a dak fan. im ready to move on as well but no one talks about our constant soft defense.

the great purdy looked pretty bad to me and who bailed him out?

work on that defense dallas or not even Mahomes would win anything here
That would be true before you factor in how much each player goes against the Salary Cap each year. When a player will cost ~$60 million against the 2024 Salary Cap then them not performing hurts us more than someone who only counts a sliver of that against the Salary Cap and would be easier to replace if you didn't have the first person eating up all the money. So not only did Dak perform poorly in the Post season, not surprising some, but that Defense you are pointing out as also performing poorly, well because of Prescott you have less money to spend there in order to fix the Defense.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
He'd have to. I'm just not sure he does. Remember, he's on a better coached team. Fat Mike didn't have this team prepared. I don't know that Mahomes can make up for that.
If Dak is supposed to be a great leader, does he take part of the blame for people not being prepared during game time? If not, why do people keep making this big deal about him being a great leader?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
Let's be honest....he threw 2 interceptions in that game....and got away with 4 others....He should of had 6. The topper being that underhand flip pass....that he pulled out of his butt. That was just dumb. Like Jimmy Johnson said....Stupid players make stupid plays....and you can't fix stupid.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak is supposed to be a great leader, does he take part of the blame for people not being prepared during game time? If not, why do people keep making this big deal about him being a great leader?
I have no idea. But how is it we enter playoff games looking like molten trash? Last year our D played good enough to win that game against the49ers, but Dak crapped the bed. This year, against a 7th seed, he played worse than he ever did all season. I don't get it. But it wasn't just him. That's what makes this so infuriating.

erod

Reaction score
Mike can't throw the ball for Dak.

We've seen what Mahomes can do with great wide receivers like CeeDee and Cooks. He's in the AFC championship without a single one.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So basically, Church is saying the TEAM decided to continue with Dak instead of going back to Romo "because of momentum".... good thing the Denver TEAM didn't think the same with Tebow and Payton Manning, they didn't get blinded by the "momentum" of dink and dunk QB... instead they put Manning on the important games (Playoffs) and won the SB.

Also noticeable how the other guy was already giving "leadership" credits to Dak for the Defense and Offense diner organization, love how Church shot that down
Manning & Tebow weren't on the Broncos at the same time.

But even if they had been, there is a big difference between what Tebow was doing in 2011 (123 ypg, 72.9 passer rating & 39.6 QBR) & what Dak was doing in 2016 (229 ypg, 104.9 passing rating & 77.6 QBR).

In any case, he was saying the team wanted to stick with what was working, not necessarily that they made the decision on behalf of the team. Garrett had to agree, as did, I'm sure, Jerry, although Jerry probably had to be convinced.