Our QB is broken

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.
I think people are unfairly harsh on Dak a lot of times, but what you are talking about is not a fair reflection of the game or how Dak played.

I do agree the defense failed - miserably.

But it's false to say Dak was successful in that game. The Cowboys only had 10 points late in the 3rd quarter. Most of the offensive success and points were after the game was out of hand and the Packers were playing only to not give up big passing plays over the top. They were perfectly content letting Dallas throw short passes and eat up clock. The stats and scores that made it look less lopsided were meaningless at a time where the opposing defense wasn't playing aggressively.

Eddie

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.
48-32 and 27-0 at halftime is THAT bad.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
48-32 and 27-0 at halftime is THAT bad.
I was referring to us as a team. Dak was directly responsible for 7 of GB's points and his other INT led to another 7. We're "that" bad at QB...but not that bad as an organization. We were that bad in 2001.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.
Yes it would still be broken because if you realize it, we haven't won in ages. Yet we have had talent and personnel run through the team some good and bad. What's the common denominator? The organization is run unquestionably as Jerry sees fit. Period.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I was referring to us as a team. Dak was directly responsible for 7 of GB's points and his other INT led to another 7. We're "that" bad at QB...but not that bad as an organization. We were that bad in 2001.
If we go into halftime down 14-0, you think we can't win that game? Because if not we had no business being there in the beginning. If the Bills can still win with Allen having 3 TOs, we either are or are not.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dumb logic, two things can be true at the same time.
That's my point captain obvious. The two things are not directly related yet people assume if we just replace the QB, everything will be fine.
Until we fix the defense, we won't win crap regardless who the QB1 is. A simple concept Dak bashing morons just can't seem to understand.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Dak has done everything he can without the arm talent and decision making capabilities needed to play the position at a high level. He's played off the talent of this roster much like Cooper Rush did in his short stint taking over for Dak. Rush IMHO isnt a backup in this league on most rosters. This is what pisses me off the most. We've spent 8 seasons with this guy with stacked rosters only to be let down in crucial games because this guy couldnt handle it.
Dak is spelled “Sucks”.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
Jerry Jones...the eternal optimist...doesn't believe in Dak Prescott? News to me.

kramskoi

Reaction score
That's my point captain obvious. The two things are not directly related yet people assume if we just replace the QB, everything will be fine.
Until we fix the defense, we won't win crap regardless who the QB1 is. A simple concept Dak bashing morons just can't seem to understand.
When your defense forces only one punt when it matters, there are bigger fish to fry. This team is going to RUN...and STOP the run or it will never enjoy a championship season.

Flamma

Reaction score
Mike can't throw the ball for Dak.

We've seen what Mahomes can do with great wide receivers like CeeDee and Cooks. He's in the AFC championship without a single one.
I agree with you 100%. I just don't think it applies to this year. Something else was very wrong this year. It was a total team meltdown. Even Patrick Mahomes, arguably top 3 QB I've ever seen play, couldn't overcome not having his two starting tackles in 2020. Keep in mind, although he doesn't have the WRs Dallas has, he has a run game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is not broken, he was just been severely over-rated. If it weren’t for the talent on the team versus the rest of the NFC East, he would have been exposed much worse. He’s been in an offense that has been dumbed-down and tailored to his skill-set for 8 years. Plenty of average QBs in the NFL that fell into such circumstances would have done similarly.

The last 4 out of 7 games in 2020, led by Dalton with a bunch of 2nd string OL, the team scored 31, 30, 41 and 37. Of course they were against teams with losing records, but that’s the point.

khiladi

Reaction score
When your defense forces only one punt when it matters, there are bigger fish to fry. This team is going to RUN...and STOP the run or it will never enjoy a championship season.
What was the bigger fish to fry against the 49ers the last two times in the play-offs….

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has done everything he can without the arm talent and decision making capabilities needed to play the position at a high level. He's played off the talent of this roster much like Cooper Rush did in his short stint taking over for Dak. Rush IMHO isnt a backup in this league on most rosters. This is what pisses me off the most. We've spent 8 seasons with this guy with stacked rosters only to be let down in crucial games because this guy couldnt handle it.
Exactly.. his fanboys are just cycling excuses.. now it’s the defense, when for the last two years Dak wasted a top 1-3 defense and Milner 1 TO defense that allowed Dak to pad stats because of field positioning caused by TOs or to build leads. Last time when he threw the pick to Gallup, which was essentially the same pick as far as field positioning to Cooks, the defense held the 49ers to a FG. Just like when it was Gallup, they blamed Cooks for “route running”. So it’s either the WR of the defense. They held multiple times in the regular season if I remember correctly when Dak threw one of his bone-headed league-leading receptions. The last few years they also blamed OL, while they were top 5, especially in terms of sacks and pressures. Now they are also blaming Pollard and the rushing attack when last year and the year before, both Zeke and Pollard were averaging over 5 YPC for a third of the season.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
When your Quarterback counts $59.46 million against the 2024 Salary cap, there is no bigger fish to fry. Stop worrying about the small fries already.

Blinky-e1319824451193-537x397.jpg

perrykemp

Reaction score
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.
Please stop, this is revisionist history.

When the score got to 48-16 the Packers pulled most of their starters on both sides of the ball. Specifically on defense they pulled Kenny Clark, Preston Smith, Rashaan Gary, and Quay Walker -- all their best players.

Talking about "the 32 points" the Cowboy scored is just silly. They scored those last 16 points in what was essentially pre-season conditions. It just doesn't mean anything. The offense scored 16 points when it counted.

erod

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. I just don't think it applies to this year. Something else was very wrong this year. It was a total team meltdown. Even Patrick Mahomes, arguably top 3 QB I've ever seen play, couldn't overcome not having his two starting tackles in 2020. Keep in mind, although he doesn't have the WRs Dallas has, he has a run game.
But KC had struggled all year long. He willed them past Buffalo.