Our roster is a disaster

HungryLion

Reaction score
Come on man.

It’s the most talented roster since the 95 Super Bowl team.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Reminder, using less than 2% of a player's snaps to determine how they are performing is never a smart idea! Ever.

Last year DLaw had the most pressures by far of any player with 5 sacks. There was at least five plays where Quinn got the QB a half step ahead of DLaw, but the trade off for Quinn on rushing downs was his below average play on run downs.

DLaw is above average on run and pass downs, which few DEs in the NFL are.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because Cap Hell, that's why! Cap Hell I tells ya!!!!

I see someone is getting their 2021 Offseason Cap Hell threads out of the way early.
What cap hell? It does not exist for this team.

Redline360

Reaction score
The first year and the start of this season Dlaw was just another huge overpaid bust. Since the Giants game he has played extremely well this year. Still not worth his contract though

One of the few bright spots on defense

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Last year DLaw had the most pressures by far of any player with 5 sacks. There was at least five plays where Quinn got the QB a half step ahead of DLaw, but the trade off for Quinn on rushing downs was his below average play on run downs.

Look at Quinn's #'s this year now that he isn't playing opposite of Dlaw. It's astounding.

Now Gregory and Aldon are both producing opposite of Dlaw. Makes you think!

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score

You're okay with above average for a guy who is the 5th highest paid DE in the league?

Kaiser

Reaction score
What cap hell? It does not exist for this team.

That's unpossible. I have 32,435 threads on this site over the last 20 years as proof we will never be able to sign another player, ever again.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Look at Quinn's #'s this year now that he isn't playing opposite of Dlaw. It's astounding.

Good point. Gregory's 14 tackles and 2 sacks are impressive. :rolleyes:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can't tell if you're serious calling this a talented roster with zero pro bowl players. I'll admit that, if Dak gets signed and Martin & Collins return healthy, the offense will be talented. But our defense has so many holes we literally have need at every single position. Outside of several quality free agent signing, which we can't afford, it would take at least two years of excellent drafts focused on defense to rebuild it.

Most of our pro bowlers are injured in case you didnt notice.

Lost one in Frederick, Martin, Smith, Dak. Lawrence probably makes it on a better team. Who else is going to make it on a 5 win team?

Offense is stacked. Its the defense with the problems.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With a healthy roster and proper coaching, we have one of the more talented rosters in the league.
liotta-laughing-gif-6.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score

Funny, I hadn't checked his stats this year. That isn't a trainwreck this year when his salary is 6.1 MM, but next year his cap hit is 14.7 Million (or 50% more than DLaw's for this season). And all of that is for a guy who is below average against the run, our Achilles heel this year.

IMO the Byron Jones contract will look only slightly worse over time, but fans here ridiculed the front office for not topping those contracts.

Kaiser

Reaction score
DLAW, Diggs, Gallimore, Gregory, Smith, LVE, Jaylon, Awuzie

Lots of guys on this defense have talent, they just aren't producing. Big difference.

I wouldn't put Gallimore on the list yet but IMO Gallimore and Hill combined at 3T can certainly be listed as talent at the position.

The other factor is coaching, if no one anywhere would have questioned LVE and Jaylon being on the list prior this year it tells you the coaching is a big part of the issue.