Our Secondary/Defense against Bucs will be ugly

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
you lost me when you indicated that the last 25 years mean anything in 2021

stop worrying about what hasn’t happened, nobody gives a crap about the last 25 years and it has zero impact on 2021
I give an enormous crap about the past 25 years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The fun thing for me is that we don't know who the Dallas Cowboys will be.
Last year, no mini-camp's, covid did a lot of damage to a first year coached team.
New coach, couldn't implement all of his stuff, injury to Dak and the Oline, and so on.
New defensive coordinator from a complete scrub coach.

Last year was just a complete waste as far as I'm concerned.

This year, it should be a lot more organized with a second year coach who knows the roster better, understands Jerry better, understands what to do with Dak, has actively started to address the defense, brought in specific players for "said" defense.

So what I'm trying to say is, we just don't know what this team will be AT ALL. I'm excited to see though.
@Clove ,, good to see you, where you been?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hoping Parsons delivers a Joe Theisman moment...kidding...kinda
I remember watching that game, and rewatching and rewatching again, and feeling slightly nauseous every time I saw that leg bend like that...
That was prior to DVR so no rewind capability.

cristglo

Reaction score
I love the match-up Will show us really what kind of Defense we are going to have this year. Plus Brady wont have film on this new Defense. This game is very winnable First game of the season TB coming back as SB champs the target is on their back We are already picked to get beat badly so we really got no where to go but up lol

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Oh I love storms. I'm even a storm chaser. Goin green! Just like the Cowboys this year. I reckon you've got photos of shirtless Dak on your wall. LOL Haere rā!
Where do you storm chase at man?

ghst187

Reaction score
I remember watching that game, and rewatching and rewatching again, and feeling slightly nauseous every time I saw that leg bend like that...
That was prior to DVR so no rewind capability.

I do expect Parsons to get hits on Brady....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It will be an ugly game for Tom, the whole jersey number change alone will have him confused. As Tom said "Good luck trying to block the right people now!" Brady wrote on his Instagram story. “Going to make for a lot of bad football." But now defensive backs and linebackers can choose from the same set of numbers, which Brady believes will cause confusion for quarterbacks and their blockers as they scan the defense.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...aks-out-against-nfl-jersey-number-rule-change

With Parsons wearing number 11, Tom is going to be complaining to the refs and confused why a QB is sacking him all game long! o_O

CWR

Reaction score
Let’s see. We have a good CB in Diggs who should be better than in his rookie year in a messed up scheme. Brown and Lewis are both experienced vets, not good CBs, but experienced in the scheme. Our rookie CB has the size and speed and will have had a full training camp and preseason covering our own three excellent WRs. We have a very good, young SS who makes plays and whom should also be better this year. Kazee is a proven playmaker at FS and is better than anyone we’ve had in the deep patrol in years. Our starting secondary and depth is better than it has been. Our DL is more athletic and deeper than it has been.
We “may” get beaten, but I’m excited to see our new defense play against the SB champs, and I’m glad it’s in game #1.

That's all completely reasonable. There is a reason to be optimistic. While it's a tough draw we have talent. I'm not going to count us out just like I won't be overly confident in beating a lesser team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I cringe thinking about our young secondary and new Safety group having to go against the Bucs on the first week. Going against Brady, AB, Mike Evans, Godwin, and Gronk is scary for a veteran team but to have to face them in the first game many of the Cowboys will be playing together and with a new system for the first time is frightening.

it won’t be that new.

brown, Lewis, and Diggs are the top 3.

all the new guys will start out in Nick/Dime packages.

Brown and Lewis were here for KRichard.

they have a big advantage.

JBond

Reaction score
I am feeling strangely optimistic about our turnaround on defense. Everyone has already stated the reasons to be optimistic. My worry is different for the upcoming season. Mainly the O-Line. Can they hold up with a 17 game schedule and be there in an effective manner if we make the playoffs? Dak is a tough dude, physically and mentally, but coming back from a serious injury is always changing. If he has to run for his life behind a line that can't protect him, there will be issues. The other wildcard is Zeke. Is he still capable of breaking big runs? Is he just a pure power back now? I hope he has dropped a couple pounds and gets back to what made him great when he came into the league. The combo of speed, power and shifty. I hope so.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to pass when Chauncey Golston is laying on top of you.

If it was Quinton Bohanna, there could be an imprint of a #12 body imbedded in the TB turf.
2 hour game delay to fill in the hole. They can just use it as Tom's grave, no need to hold the game up for another hour digging it out.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I'm totes doubling down on this and I'm not blaming the allergy pills!
Although I took thrice the amount RX'd.

Need a fast start to the season, and beating the Bucs will set the right expectations going forward.

I see a complete team win by dominating all four qtrs and keeping them a-bay.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Need a fast start to the season, and beating the Bucs will set the right expectations going forward.

I see a complete team win by dominating all four qtrs and keeping them a-bay.
From your keyboard to the Big Bohanna in the sky.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady still gets the ball out faster than any other starting QB, which is how they improved throughout last season, he started out thinking too much.

They have a great receiving corps and a good OL and will be a test for any D and secondary.

I like starting out against this type competition in the first game, sets the tone.

Arians is a good coach, and just like McVay, the Cowboys have to worry first about the run. O minded HC's like to start off the season running the ball. The Cowboys have to worry about Fournette, Jones and Bernard first.

They went to LA last season expecting an air show and got gutted in the run game, I don't think that's lost on Arians.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
I cringe thinking about our young secondary and new Safety group having to go against the Bucs on the first week. Going against Brady, AB, Mike Evans, Godwin, and Gronk is scary for a veteran team but to have to face them in the first game many of the Cowboys will be playing together and with a new system for the first time is frightening.
I think you will be surprised and Tampa will not be very good with 45 year old Tom Brady.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I am a pessimist by nature and training, but, gadzooks, give our secondary a chance, good lad!
Yes, they are young and largely untested but like the chimps with typewriters, we might come up with a cohesive, synched group one day. We are due, J!

Me boy, if the front 3 or 4 can apply pressure to the QB, that gives our secondary some time to recover and make plays.

Defence-wise, we are going into the unknown this season. These mostly young guys are hungry enough to want to learn and excel. So, however great or horrific they start, I am optimistic that by midseason they can make us proud.

Very well then lad, carry on.
Tally-ho, wot, wot!