Our slumping QB

ALBIT

Reaction score
What are you talking about? The media and many fans have been downplaying what Dak has done from day one. It is the surrounding talent, he will regress when there is more film on him, this game will be the real test...sound familiar? Yeah, the media and some fans were slow coming around on Tony but it was in no way to the level you claim, nor has Dak been immune to it.

Other than Cris Carter tell me who has said on tv on a consistent basis to back up your point? My point is that most everyone on air all says the same thing. Dak has played very well its not his fault. Again good for him I root for him to play well every game. But when has the media ( or fans ) on a consistent basis say Dak is not good enough or its all Daks fault????? Romo got abused his whole career. It was a damn shame. He single handly kept the Cowboys from being the Clevland Browns. The year he got hurt the team won 1 game. 1 game!!!!!!!!!!!! Again this is not me being a romo fan boy as someone stated. Its just a fact and it bothers me. Romo always deserved better. Dak has for the most part in the public eye has never had to deal with the drama of being blamed for every loss etc. Thats my only point.

ALBIT

Reaction score
If the last 4 games is how Dak plays during a slump, imagine how good he'll be when he gets out of it :)

I wish I heard this about Romo. I cant recall reading this on a consistent basis about Romo. And again people I get it. Im over Romo. I get it. I just cant stand how people downplay his importance to this franchise. He was good on some really bad teams that he made respectable. Romo never played on a team as talented as Dak has his first 2 years. I like Dak. He is our guy now. Im all in. Im just trying to make a point how unfair it was to one of the best players to ever have a star on his helmet. Its a shame

DFWJC

Reaction score
His best stat is that passing TD-int differential.
10 is pretty good this early in the year.
He's in a 3-way tie for 3rd there.

other stats:
8th in QB rating
16th in yards per game
19th in completion % (his worst stat)

He's benefited from:
only having 7 sacks--which is 2nd lowest in the league. part of that is getting rid of the ball to avoid it though..which is good, course.
having the 2n best rushing attack in the league so far (by ypg)

Any way you slice it, he's been pretty good:thumbup:

ALBIT

Reaction score

other stats:
8th in QB rating
16th in yards per game

He's benefited from:
only having 7 sacks--which is 2nd lowest in the league. part of that is getting rid of the ball to avoid it though..which is good, course.

I not a number guy but yout bragging about being 16th and 19th in any catergory?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I not a number guy but yout bragging about being 16th and 19th in any catergory?
If you re-read it, no, not bragging on the 16th in yards or 19th in in completions %....even basically said the latter was not good.
trigger happy?:laugh:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Romo fanboys?? It has nothing to do with Dak. I just find it funny how people here , the media, analysts, fans never gave Romo the buffer that Dak gets. Dak played great it was not his fault. But when when Romo played it was always Romo sucks blah blah blah. Thats what drives me crazy. It has nothing to do with Dak. When dallas lost it was always Romo fault. which is a total joke. Romo was so good he made awful Cowboy teams much better than they ever were. But i never heard Romo played great but the defense sucked etc. Since Dak got here its always the defense , the o line, the running game fault. Romo never had that luxury. This has nothing to do with liking Dak or not. Im just making a point. Thats all. So when you say Romo fan boys that makes me laugh.

Because it is Dak's second year and the Media started to criticize Romo after that botched hold on the Field goal against Seattle. And sometimes they bashed Romo unfairly. But, if Dak gets to 5 years or more as the Cowboys starter and doesn't help the team win consistent playoff games or win the Superbowl,then he will be criticized just like Romo for the fact that he plays QB for the Cowboys

Some are already on this board looking for any loss as a excuse to bash Dak and focused on all of his negative plays. Dak will not only get bashed by the Media and Cowboys haters. He will get bashed by the same fans on this board who are against him now

Ken

Reaction score

other stats:
8th in QB rating
16th in yards per game

He's benefited from:

Let's not forget 2nd in the league in Total QBR which takes into account clutch plays, making plays where there are none and his running ability.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Notice he is 3rd in the league in pure passing by this metric and 2nd in Points Added.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I've said it a million times but it's just too important to not continue to repeat it. We've certainly got some issues on this team that need to be addressed (coaching/game management, the defense - particularly LB and safety, #2/deep threat WR, etc.), but QB is most definitely not one of them. We struck gold with a 4th round draft pick.

There's simply no way to quantify just how lucky we are to have Dak, especially when you consider the through-the-roof return on investment and Romo's rapidly falling apart body at the time of Dak's drafting.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why are you here ARGUING and COMPLAINING with Cowboys fans tonight? We just won a game convincingly where pretty much the entire team looked good. I don't get the agenda? What do you want?

There is no rule that I HAVE to be positive. YOU can be.

Idea? Put me on ignore. Otherwise, stop responding to me. I do not follow your way of fandom. Got it? So from now on, when you respond to me, I expect you to address my actual argument rather than you speculating and questioning my intentions.

I've been on multiple Cowboys boards over the years. I don't need anyone questioning me - hit the road, dude. You can be a cheerleader, I analyze and praise/criticize.

We done?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And if I want to, I can EASILY pull up some game stats where all of those QB’s, played like dog crap. Because all QB’s have bad games.

None of those QB’s you listed are in their second year either.

Shall I bring up some game stats where those QB’s you listed played like crap? How about I bring up some games where great QB’s have played like crap from this season?

It’s beyond clear that you don’t know how professional football works if you the best argument you have against Dak is that he has had a few bad games against tough defenses.

LOL that’s every QB in the league.

So dumb.

No, because it would be pointless. We are displaying how QBs have played against the Broncos this year, what is considered a good defense.

Keep up.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I dont see him throw deep that often and i dont think he has the best accuracy... comments?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your overall analysis of Dak’s QB play is what is being questioned.

Keep up.

And I have answered. I have shown you statistics, you then wanted to know how other QBs played against the good defense we faced this season - you get that, and then you move the goal post with some lame "Well, those teams played bad against good defenses in the past!"

The simple fact is, Dak has yet to prove he can play at a high level against a great defense. Why is this controversial to you?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Strawman. I know your poor history. You're ignorant of mine so you just assume. That's a pretty solid definition of our interactions here.

A question is a strawman?

If you want to point to a good pass to Dez, you should have picked the one to the sideline earlier in the game that was Dez's longest play of the day. That was a much better pass.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There is no rule that I HAVE to be positive. YOU can be.

Idea? Put me on ignore. Otherwise, stop responding to me. I do not follow your way of fandom. Got it? So from now on, when you respond to me, I expect you to address my actual argument rather than you speculating and questioning my intentions.

I've been on multiple Cowboys boards over the years. I don't need anyone questioning me - hit the road, dude. You can be a cheerleader, I analyze and praise/criticize.

We done?

I heard they missed you on those boards; maybe you should revisit them.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
8th in QB rating
16th in yards per game
Romo was 17th in yards per game in 2014, so that ranking is about what you would expect from the QB when this offense is clicking.

Prescott's comp % is 48.3 to Bryant and 68.2 to everybody else. His passer rating is 74.4 to Bryant and 106.3 to everybody else. That's a really weird dynamic with a WR1 that obviously isn't going on with any other of the top 10 rated passers.