Our team can win the Super Bowl if the O line plays up to it’s potential

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm just waiting on the schedule for "the wrestle for dak's affection championship tournament"

I think furboy will be in the finals up against AC. That should be a good one. he should be able to claw his way up from the underdog list to wrestle dak's all-time lover AC.

morat1959

Reaction score
The bad news: 27 pressures allowed by our O line vs KC was pathetic and historically bad. The running game was also stymied vs KC.

The good news: This O line helped Dak pass for the most yards ever vs a Belicheat defense. We were #2 in the league in yards rushing. The potential to be very good vs playoff caliber teams is there.

The analysis: Connor McCovern, La’el Collins and Biadaz should improve with more games played. Tyron Smith should solidify the most important O line position, LT. Steele and Williams are solid backups who are capable of starting. Tyron Smith’s ability to stay healthy, and available, is the key to our O line playing up to it’s potential. Our O line doesn’t need to be great, just good. Why? See below.

By the end of the season, when and if healthy, I believe our D will have the potential to shut down the best offenses in the NFL( 14 points per game or LESS)!

Historically, the best Super Bowl winning defenses, had a dominant pass rush( 85 Bears, Steelers of the 70’s, Randy White lead Cowboys, Charles Haley lead Cowboys, Giant teams that beat Brady twice, Denver over Carolina, Seattle over Payton Manning and the Colts).

We could have Parsons( rush from anywhere) and Gregory rushing from the edges with Lawrence and Gallimore/ OSA rushing from the interior!!! Man that is going to be fun to watch!! Can you say POTENTIAL to wreak HAVOC!! All our CB’s are turning into play makers with Diggs showing the way.

FINALLY, I love our coaching staff! Coaching matters a lot. Good Coaches put players in positions, so it is easier to make plays! Our coaches consistently do that. O line still has to execute though.

Can the O line play up to it’s potential? That is my biggest concern.
JJ loves you.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
dude that was a compliment. you and AC fighting for Dak's affection.
heck if it makes you feel better, I pick you to win.

It's not so much about Dak's "affection". It's just that I think he's an excellent QB. Just consider yourself fortunate that I"m in a good mood or I'd roast you back worse. I'm in a good mood because I'm releasing my 1st video tomorrow and because my fursuit will be here Monday just in time for me to go to mff on Wednesday. It'll be so nice to be back in Chicago.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It's not so much about Dak's "affection". It's just that I think he's an excellent QB. Just consider yourself fortunate that I"m in a good mood or I'd roast you back worse. I'm in a good mood because I'm releasing my 1st video tomorrow and because my fursuit will be here Monday just in time for me to go to mff on Wednesday. It'll be so nice to be back in Chicago.
dang, I'm as scared as dak with one offensive lineman out. *crawls back in bed*

I still think you can take AC in the affection tournament.

he's still hurt from romo not returning his love for him. I hope dak shows him some love, or this place could get awful.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm just waiting on the schedule for "the wrestle for dak's affection championship tournament"

I think furboy will be in the finals up against AC. That should be a good one. he should be able to claw his way up from the underdog list to wrestle dak's all-time lover AC.
I've got your lover right here...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's fine...but other people might not think exactly the same. Fall in line to Furboy or suffer the consequences?
And at some point, we do have to win something. If not he's another Romo. The fall guy. His fault or not.

It's kind of a balancing act. Got to be able to take his licks...cause he's far from perfect and bears some of the responsibility....especially if he's the leader people say he is

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You are overestimating the "potential" of this line. Tyron is great when healthy but he is often not healthy. LG is average to below average. Center is average to below average. RG is the only consistently above average position on the O line. RT is average to below average.

Based on the players we have I feel that we have no reason to believe this O line will hard carry anything. The best we can hope for and what we should be hoping for is that the line plays average or slightly above. If you have average play from the O line then you should be fine considering you have all of the highest paid skill players on the planet.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No mention of the O line? Does the O line matter at all how Dak plays?

No they are a big part of Dak needing to step up. Do you pay him only to do well when things are perfect or do you pay him to help this loaded offense overcome? Am I really going to get pissed at steel for playing at his level of ability or pay when he was playing above it on the right? No. Now Dak needs to play at his level of pay. The drops weren't on him but the rest was and he needs to do better in tough times, it can't all be easy.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's fine...but other people might not think exactly the same. Fall in line to Furboy or suffer the consequences?
And at some point, we do have to win something. If not he's another Romo. The fall guy. His fault or not.

It's kind of a balancing act. Got to be able to take his licks...cause he's far from perfect and bears some of the responsibility....especially if he's the leader people say he is

I agree that he does, and he must play better today. I'm not saying fall in line btw. I don't mind if he doesn't like Dak. The comment was more about AC and me being in a "wrestle for Dak's affection". That's why I posted the Buzz Lightyear meme.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that he does, and he must play better today. I'm not saying fall in line btw. I don't mind if he doesn't like Dak. The comment was more about AC and me being in a "wrestle for Dak's affection". That's why I posted the Buzz Lightyear meme.

Oh well....okay then. A little tiff, eh.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Bump...Oline is crappy thus far today. Dak is off because he has NO where near the timing with Wilson and Brown as he does with Cooper and Lamb. Schultz just dropped and EASY first down. Get ready for 21-6 with our D

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to be a bye week for some other team if they make the playoffs. Getting dominated by the Raiders is embarrassing.