Our team can win the Super Bowl if the O line plays up to it’s potential

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The bad news: 27 pressures allowed by our O line vs KC was pathetic and historically bad. The running game was also stymied vs KC.

The good news: This O line helped Dak pass for the most yards ever vs a Belicheat defense. We were #2 in the league in yards rushing. The potential to be very good vs playoff caliber teams is there.

The analysis: Connor McCovern, La’el Collins and Biadaz should improve with more games played. Tyron Smith should solidify the most important O line position, LT. Steele and Williams are solid backups who are capable of starting. Tyron Smith’s ability to stay healthy, and available, is the key to our O line playing up to it’s potential. Our O line doesn’t need to be great, just good. Why? See below.

By the end of the season, when and if healthy, I believe our D will have the potential to shut down the best offenses in the NFL( 14 points per game or LESS)!

Historically, the best Super Bowl winning defenses, had a dominant pass rush( 85 Bears, Steelers of the 70’s, Randy White lead Cowboys, Charles Haley lead Cowboys, Giant teams that beat Brady twice, Denver over Carolina, Seattle over Payton Manning and the Colts).

We could have Parsons( rush from anywhere) and Gregory rushing from the edges with Lawrence and Gallimore/ OSA rushing from the interior!!! Man that is going to be fun to watch!! Can you say POTENTIAL to wreak HAVOC!! All our CB’s are turning into play makers with Diggs showing the way.

FINALLY, I love our coaching staff! Coaching matters a lot. Good Coaches put players in positions, so it is easier to make plays! Our coaches consistently do that. O line still has to execute though.

Can the O line play up to it’s potential? That is my biggest concern.

all-of-this-pointing.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Enough already!!!!
All you're doing here with your massive DAK CRUSH is posting lengthy theories and excuses so the masses here look away from the real issue......Daks ineptness against teams that have good defenses!!!
Dude, he couldn't even score a TD
OMG......
LET IT BE JEEZ.......He is paid a zillion cap dollars and we are getting 10 cents on the dollar, performance-wise!!!

Neither did Mahomes. So what's your point?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak is continuing to heal. Having a foot broken off your leg is no small thing.

We should get some impact players back from injury during the stretch run of the season.

Start 20? Is that a controversial thought? Then bring the big guy (Zeke)to close it out on a tired defensive group that has been chasing our fast guys?

I know nothing about football, but know a little, just enough, to be annoying. Lol.

It's not a bad thought actually. With Zeke rehabbing, it's not a bad idea to sort o let Zeke play the Marion Barber role tomorrow a bit and also come in with pass block support.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bro, it was historically bad.
I actually think the line we had at KC was as good or better than many teams have for years at a time.

doesnt mean it wasn't way worse than what we’ve become spoiled wi….uh, I men, accustomed to