Our team is going to get obliterated today

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
After two weeks of football, we were shown mixed messages about this team. So I can see the fans think anything. I don't want to believe last week is what this team is. So, this week it's time for this team to show us who they really are. Defend your home field!! Get the win! :flagwave:

Flamma

Reaction score
1. Depends on which Cowboys team shows up
We have multiple Cowboys teams.

1. The one where we jump out in front, play loose and don't look back.
2. The one where we go down by two scores and enter panic mode. This is where Dak is at his worst.
3. No one goes up by two scores and our chances are 50/50. No one is great, no one is bad.

I think we were up 27-10 on the Jaguars, and 28-14 on the Packers a few years ago, and lost both. This wouldn't be so terrible if we could do that every once in awhile. We never do that.

slick325

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if they got dragged by the Ravens. The Ravens could easily be 2-0.

Hopefully, Jerry Jones' team surprises me and finds a way to beat a physically and mentally tough team that I can still see contending in the AFC late in the year whether they start 1-2 or 0-3.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I hope Defensive tackle play improves ,that is the key to this game and the season.Dallas got run over last week,we shall see.Make Lamar beat you with his arm ,keep him in the pocket and put Overshown in spy mode .DALLAS 24 RAVENS 20.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ravens won't go 0-3. They will right the ship today at our expense. We may play better, but still lose. I feel our Oline will struggle greatly. Our dline will struggle. Gonna be a long day but all I can hope for is we fight hard and compete. Henry and Hill might each have 150 rushing each when ist all said and done. Lamar Jackson might also have over 100 rushing. If this gets ugly quick, I can see heads rolling next week.

slick325

Reaction score
I don’t see them getting blown out again.

They are 12-2 after losses and typically play well after a loss.

I have been saying it all week. The Ravens are not even close to the talent of the Saints. The OL, the speed, the threats and rushing game.

Contain Jackson and they should be ok.

I am not saying we win. But they are ranked 32nd against the pass. Come out slinging early
Funny because I think the Ravens would beat the Saints. The same way they beat the 49ers in Santa Clara last season.

The NFL is about match-ups. Maybe the Cowboys match up better against the Ravens. We shall see in about 5.5 hours.

Edit: The fact that Dallas is 12-2 following a loss and their play is generally improved following a loss is a testament to Big Mike. Whether we as fans want to admit it or not.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if they got dragged by the Ravens. The Ravens could easily be 2-0.

Hopefully, Jerry Jones' team surprises me and finds a way to beat a physically and mentally tough team that I can still see contending in the AFC late in the year whether they start 1-2 or 0-3.
If the Jerry Jones team does that, it will have nothing to do with Jerry Jones. But I'm confident this team will show up this week.

Aven8

Reaction score
Ravens have the best MLB in football outside of Fred Warner. Hamilton is arguably the best Safety as well.

Our DE’s bite on the RPO and make Hurts look good. What are they gonna do against a QB that’s lightning quick?

fivetwos

Reaction score
That would truly take embarrassing to the next level. If we got blown out 3 times in a row at home. That may be what the owner deserves, but it's not what the fans deserve.

I think this is going to be a closer game. Mainly because I don't think Jackson is the pocket passer Carr is. Play the run, force him to pass.
They could lose 40-10 and I guarantee Jerry and kid will be dropping sunshine all over it.

Their need to defend the job they are doing makes the players apathetic IMO.

Who was the player who said…”as long as Jerry’s happy….”

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we SOMEHOW manage a win today, it might be the catalyst we need the rest of the way into the post season. Confidence and belief are 2 powerful things in the NFL. I saw Deer in headlights look in many of our players last week before gametime. We came out flat and tight. They have 2 tight ends btw that are pro bowlers. I highly doubt we can deal with them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ravens have the best MLB in football outside of Fred Warner. Hamilton is arguably the best Safety as well.

Our DE’s bite on the RPO and make Hurts look good. What are they gonna do against a QB that’s lightning quick?
I think you and I know the answer lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Funny because I think the Ravens would beat the Saints. The same way they beat the 49ers in Santa Clara last season.

The NFL is about match-ups. Maybe the Cowboys match up better against the Ravens. We shall see in about 5.5 hours.
It very much is about matchups. It's like saying baseball is about pitching. Of course it is. But I think scheme played a bigger role in our loss. Of course you can say that's about matchups too.

Bottom line, we couldn't stop the post/crossing route patterns they were throwing at us all game. It's hard to adjust when you already gave up 35 points by halftime.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This team has little talent, no smarts and not a lick of fight. Other than Aubrey and Lamb our offense is full of very average players.
And guess what?
The defense is worse. Aside from Parsons who only cares about sacks and hot dogging after, and Overshown, who incredibly only got 18 snaps last week, we got nothing. Our d line is made up of tackles who get pushed around and cannot tackle. They get pushed back into our own Linebackers. The running backs on the other team are not touched for three yards and then only with limp effort.
This group is an embarrassment of the real players who came before. Emmitt Smith has called them out.
Ravens 38
Cowboys 12
It's a 200 yard rushing day for the Ravens. But that's Daks fault...some how. I know it. Just haven't figured out the narrative yet

Flamma

Reaction score
They could lose 40-10 and I guarantee Jerry and kid will be dropping sunshine all over it.

Their need to defend the job they are doing makes the players apathetic IMO.

Who was the player who said…”as long as Jerry’s happy….”
Nothing changes when they continue to go 12-5 every season. They think their Surtromming doesn't stink. I agree with you. They would have to be fed an abysmal season to maybe contemplate their approach. But who wants to see that?

Flamma

Reaction score
It's a 200 yard rushing day for the Ravens. But that's Daks fault...some how. I know it. Just haven't figured out the narrative yet
I know. Other teams score on us. But when they do score, Dak and our offense is allowed to score too. Don't curl up in a shell and play like crap too.

deerhunter11

Reaction score

Dallas better show up and have some heart today hopefully Watkins plays like he is capable of, and Dallas can stop the run.We also need to salvage our own running game.If I was McCarthy I would copy what the Saints did against us last week.Play action and a lot of motion and we will have a better chance of winning this game.

Carson

Reaction score
I agree. Their OL is pretty weak (other than LT and C) and they can't move their line side to side like NO can which seemed to confuse this defense and keep them slow to react. I worry a lot more about their defense than I do their offense to be honest. Really no excuse if this defense gives up 30+ again.

I wouldn't read too much into that 32nd ranked pass defense though, I think they more little things to fix than they really have bad players. Brandon Stephens is the matchup to exploit, especially if he ever gets lined up on Lamb.
If Wiggins plays, it changes a lot.

Humphrey can still play, Hamilton will do that Honey Badger did last week.

Stephens is like Carson, being thrown to the dogs

We also tend to struggle against weaker secondaries. Look at green bay in the playoffs last season.