Video: Outstanding conversation between Stephen A and Prime Time (re: Dez)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm a simple man - I see Stephen A. Smith, I close the page.
Every once in awhile, it's worth leaving the page slightly cracked open.

Perhaps I should have left Stehens A's name out of the thread title..lol... Because really he's just asking leading questions. The first 15 min is all about Deion brain dumping.

superonyx

Reaction score
Great convo man. Perhaps not two of your favorite people around but it's the type of conversation you appreciate having insight into. On Stephen A's radio show, he's much more "normal" and devoid of the schtick that we see on the television show.
I just can’t Bleu. I appreciate you posting this but I don’t think one could put 2 bigger blowhards together to speak about Dez.
Stephen is entirely shtick. It’s his career. Dion derailed Dezs career from his college days. Nether guy can say anything that I value....even if I agree with some points they make..they are both void of any objectivity on this subject and therefore should be ignored.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I just can’t Bleu. I appreciate you posting this but I don’t think one could put 2 bigger blowhards together to speak about Dez.
Stephen is entirely shtick. It’s his career. Dion derailed Dezs career from his college days. Nether guy can say anything that I value....even if I agree with some points they make..they are both void of any objectivity on this subject and therefore should be ignored.
I can respect that. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Deion: Cutting Dez is foregoing wins for the next 2-3 years. Pure conjecture and probably significant hyperbole.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Yeah, I lost it when he started showin the bro love for big mouth Deion then Deion swallowed it. Sorry Bleu.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Folks, if you have to time to spend on a Sunday morning, this conversation is quite an eye opener from every angle. I'm not posting this to support any particular agenda because, quite frankly, there's no agenda in this conversation. Just straight talk. Everyone (whether you love or don't love Dez so much) can glean something from this dialogue. Enjoy... It's long but touches every single point. It even speaks to the similarities of this cut and the time back when TO was cut. I won't spoil it any further but they hit on everything. Now I'll shut up.

This is from the Stephen A radio show.

Deion said one sentence that I have been saying for years. At some point you gotta stop blaming the coach and just do your damn job. Basically saying the players are the problem. 2016 this team was hungry. And you saw it on how they won so many close games in the 4th quarter. In 2017 I think these player just believed the hype too much. If these guys get back to doing the jobs and get back to just being football players instead of rappers and what not, this team could be a contender again

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Deion said one sentence that I have been saying for years. At some point you gotta stop blaming the coach and just do your damn job. Basically saying the players are the problem. 2016 this team was hungry. And you saw it on how they won so many close games in the 4th quarter. In 2017 I think these player just believed the hype too much. If these guys get back to doing the jobs and get back to just being football players instead of rappers and what not, this team could be a contender again
I agree with everything but the rapper shot. So many players have extracurricular interests that never interfere with the work they put in to perfect their crafts.

Rapping
Gaming
Playing in a band
Etc etc etc

PS... I still don't like Garrett but I can appreciate Deion's interesting company man take on all of that.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I agree with everything but the rapper shot. So many players have extracurricular interests that never interfere with the work they put in to perfect their crafts.

Rapping
Gaming
Playing in a band
Etc etc etc

PS... I still don't like Garrett but I can appreciate Deion's interesting company man take on all of that.

Beasley IMO after a new contract and his “record” coming out never checked in, in 2017. He Imo was the biggest culprit in believing his own hype. And I wouldn’t mind his roster spot being up for grabs by Switzer or a guy like Pettis in the draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't going to watch it, so I scrolled the thread to see if someone who watched would summarize, and I found nobody else wanted to watch it either

GORICO

Reaction score
Folks, if you have to time to spend on a Sunday morning, this conversation is quite an eye opener from every angle. I'm not posting this to support any particular agenda because, quite frankly, there's no agenda in this conversation. Just straight talk. Everyone (whether you love or don't love Dez so much) can glean something from this dialogue. Enjoy... It's long but touches every single point. It even speaks to the similarities of this cut and the time back when TO was cut. I won't spoil it any further but they hit on everything. Now I'll shut up.

i listened to it yesterday and thought prime time was ignorant on some of the facts...yes he was not necessarily wrong..but if we see cowboys side it shows a more accurate picture

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I wasn't going to watch it, so I scrolled the thread to see if someone who watched would summarize, and I found nobody else wanted to watch it either
Geez.. c'mon man. You really scrolled the thread?... If you had you would have seen my cliff notes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I made it about 5 minutes then couldn’t handle it anymore.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Beasley IMO after a new contract and his “record” coming out never checked in, in 2017. He Imo was the biggest culprit in believing his own hype. And I wouldn’t mind his roster spot being up for grabs by Switzer or a guy like Pettis in the draft.
Beastley may be a goner. I think he's being dangled in a package to Seattle in a trade for ET.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Lost me at "outstanding conversation" and "stephen a".... those words do not belong in the same sentence, ever. The Kim Kardashian of sports talk. I'm more interested in what practically any poster here has to say.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lost me at "outstanding conversation" and "stephen a".... those words do not belong in the same sentence, ever. The Kim Kardashian of sports talk. I'm more interested in what practically any poster here has to say.
Fair enough. But it was mostly Deion providing perspective.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no agenda in cliff notes. :D
I didn’t use the word agenda, I used the word perspective. In any case, I was mostly just making an off athe cuff comment about how many people chose not to listen to Smith and Sanders