CFZ Overcoming History

DandyDon52

Reaction score
at first glance, or right now Cowboys look fairly good, they have some weak areas, but so do all other teams, except maybe rams lol.
But I have O confidence in mike and kellen, and the OL coach.

I think turpin may help win some games they might ordinarily lose, but not sure about that, it is a maybe.
If parsons comes back to planet earth, he might be as good as last year, but to me, his head is in the sky.
Jason peters will help if he stays healthy, if not no telling what happens.

Lamb can he be good # 1 with all the attention he will now get?? who knows.
Elliot will get bulk of carries, and pollard will keep that bench warm! lol

But if your still reading, I think the history of nfce east is hard to overcome, and so is cowboys history..
maybe they will , but i would not be betting on it or counting on it.
Last year they started out 6-1 then the wheels came off, so will the wheels come off again?? probably , but again thats why we watch,
is to see just what actually does happen!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
at first glance, or right now Cowboys look fairly good, they have some weak areas, but so do all other teams, except maybe rams lol.
But I have O confidence in mike and kellen, and the OL coach.

I think turpin may help win some games they might ordinarily lose, but not sure about that, it is a maybe.
If parsons comes back to planet earth, he might be as good as last year, but to me, his head is in the sky.
Jason peters will help if he stays healthy, if not no telling what happens.

Lamb can he be good # 1 with all the attention he will now get?? who knows.
Elliot will get bulk of carries, and pollard will keep that bench warm! lol

But if your still reading, I think the history of nfce east is hard to overcome, and so is cowboys history..
maybe they will , but i would not be betting on it or counting on it.
Last year they started out 6-1 then the wheels came off, so will the wheels come off again?? probably , but again thats why we watch,
is to see just what actually does happen!

I believe in Big Mike , he has won the SB already .

BUT , Kellen shouldn't be near a coordinator job .

ArtClink

Reaction score
History is a stubborn thing. It’s hard not to ignore two and a half decades of evidence. My favorite team in the entire decade of the 70s and most of the 90s were as dependable as a clock tower when it came to Divisional titles, playoff wins, conference championship games and even SBs.
Well six Lombardi trophies say otherwise.

That was in the 20th century.

Here’s some team history of the last quarter century that must be overcome for this team to have a successful 2022:
  • They haven’t won back to back division titles since 95-96.
  • They haven’t had back to back double digit win seasons since 95-96.
  • They haven’t made the playoffs in back to back seasons since 2006-07.
  • Here’s a real stumper- the Cowboys haven’t won a road playoff game since the 1992 NFC Championship at SF!
  • The last Cowboys head coach to coach a team to back to back playoff seasons? Chan Gailey 1998-99. (Landry did numerous times 67-85, Jimmy did 91-93, Barry did it 94-96, then Gailey- that’s it)
Looking at the 2022 Cowboys roster- If I’m being objective without the fan glasses on, I cannot honestly say this team is as good or better than last year. Certainly hope I’m wrong and will celebrate if the Cowboys finally break out of these historical trends. I see something like 9-8 this year with possible WC playoff opportunity.

If Tyler Smith develops quickly…if Jason Peters can be effective…if Zack Martin stays healthy and dominant…if the defense takes another step forward…if Micah Parsons is even better than last year…if our kicker is dependable in big moments…if Kellen Moore proves he can adjust to DCs throwing wrinkles…if Dak stays healthy and plays at a high level…if the team cuts down on penalties….

Lot of ifs. But hope is always a good thing.
Here’s hoping we break some shackles of history this season! GO COWBOYS!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sorry man, but trying to overcome this ownership is like playing soccer on one leg, or a game of chess blindfolded or trying to pin the tail on a REAL donkey. Getting kicked in the rocky mountain oysters each year ain't something to look forward to.. But anyway.....

GO COWBOYS......:starspin:
You definitely have to overcome the other team and our front offices blunders.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I believe in Big Mike , he has won the SB already .

BUT , Kellen shouldn't be near a coordinator job .
Well he won a SB with a vg defense and a young and hot aaron rodgers.
Since then in the playoffs alot due to weak div, and had some game mgmt issues in some of the playoff losses.
And in GB he had a lot of control, and I think here in dallas he has one hand tied behind his back by ol jerry lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
and now cue the animals old song, "dont bring me down " !
Here is an idea dont read threads that seem negative !, just dont read bob's threads.
If you are talking about a self-imposed rule to just not read bob's threads, if I exercise a little more discipline upon myself, I can do that and that will ultimately be my course of action because the guy is literally killing me with his negative tone. However, your comment, "don't read threads that seem negative" is a bit too simplistic. Maybe you guys possess a 6th sense about those things that I don't have but I generally don't know if a post is going to be negative until I've already read it. At that point, it's too late. That bell has been rung and I can't unring it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The only thing we are due for is another disappointing season. The records stated above aren't getting broken unless the overall culture of the franchise is overhauled.
and IDC what you think , move on i stated what i believe and you can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

MEH I say we are due like all teams have went through this recent history foir the chiefs broken 51 years between SB wins..eagles 60 year drought finally got one, Bengal's 31 years between apperances still not one..mnay teams across sports have droughts or hey we could be the TX rangers they have ZERO been around quite long time 1972-present =0 Mavs ONE, .stars ONE

so, 3 other DFW Pro sports franchises COMBINED 2 total championships, Jerry= 3 since 1989

keep it in perspective and its not that bad..sure we all want that next NFCG or SB but if fans dont like it thy can always jump off the bandwagon

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even more penalties??? :muttley:
MEH I say we are due like all teams have went through this recent history foir the chiefs broken 51 years between SB wins..eagles 60 year drought finally got one, Bengal's 31 years between apperances still not one..mnay teams across sports have droughts or hey we could be the TX rangers they have ZERO been around quite long time 1972-present =0 Mavs ONE, .stars ONE

so, 3 other DFW Pro sports franchises COMBINED 2 total championships, Jerry= 3 since 1989

keep it in perspective and its not that bad..sure we all want that next NFCG or SB but if fans dont like it thy can always jump off the bandwagon.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If you are talking about a self-imposed rule to just not read bob's threads, if I exercise a little more discipline upon myself, I can do that and that will ultimately be my course of action because the guy is literally killing me with his negative tone. However, your comment, "don't read threads that seem negative" is a bit too simplistic. Maybe you guys possess a 6th sense about those things that I don't have but I generally don't know if a post is going to be negative until I've already read it. At that point, it's too late. That bell has been rung and I can't unring it.
Ok I see your point, I reread bobs op , and it is kinda negative, but it was all the truth, he was just stating facts about the hist of cowboys since 96.
That is history is negative , but those are the facts, thats why many fans here are negative.

Since u said you would like to ignore bob but cant, they just dont read his threads, even the titles, or no more than the titles.
I have 2 people on ignore, and a few others that I just no longer read what they post for the most part.
But of those few, sometimes I still read and agree with what they say.

The negative stuff doesnt bother me as it does some, if all posts were rah rah positive it would be quite boring, and I like being
realistic.

Praxit

Reaction score
..its a tall list, but doable. I mean at some point, the whip will finally crack.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ok I see your point, I reread bobs op , and it is kinda negative, but it was all the truth, he was just stating facts about the hist of cowboys since 96.
That is history is negative , but those are the facts, thats why many fans here are negative.

Since u said you would like to ignore bob but cant, they just dont read his threads, even the titles, or no more than the titles.
I have 2 people on ignore, and a few others that I just no longer read what they post for the most part.
But of those few, sometimes I still read and agree with what they say.

The negative stuff doesnt bother me as it does some, if all posts were rah rah positive it would be quite boring, and I like being
realistic.
I'm going to try not to talk about Bob or any mod going forward because they have the power to bench me if they don't like something I say. Yes, my reply to you was delayed because I was serving a one-day benching.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to try not to talk about Bob or any mod going forward because they have the power to bench me if they don't like something I say. Yes, my reply to you was delayed because I was serving a one-day benching.
Joe you can disagree with me anytime you want. Read or not read my opinions. As long as you’re keeping it between the lines, there are no problems.