Overrated Prospects

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think at worst Leggette can ultimately match in 2-3 seasons what Gallup was at his best (and healthy). YAC monster.
Little heavier, more explosive version.

I see some AJB in him…just the physicality, 50/50 ball, long speed etc.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels for sure.
And this will be a bit unpopular but I'd say Chop Robinson is a little overrated. Not to say he isn't a good, solid player, it's just that he always left me underwhelmed. I think a comp for him is Marcus Spears. He's good overall but there's nothing flashy or dominate about him.
Yeah, I’m not as enamored with Chop as others are.

1942willys

Reaction score
The combine will cause a lot prospects to become overrated because of what they do in shorts and tee shirts instead of in actual games.
That is why you have to do the tripod: measurements and measureables; game tape; interviews
Teams that do all three right are the ones that draft best

cnuball21

Reaction score
That is why you have to do the tripod: measurements and measureables; game tape; interviews
Teams that do all three right are the ones that draft best

Don't forget medicals...that's one where we usually poop the bed.

1942willys

Reaction score
Don't forget medicals...that's one where we usually poop the bed.
No we do the medical but the powers that be (Jerry) ignore the docs that say this is a serious risk
Actually the medical is pretty much for everyone; a lot of red flags come up there. Usually not done by one team alone
red flags sometimes has a single team using their own doctors

MikeT22

Reaction score
No we do the medical but the powers that be (Jerry) ignore the docs that say this is a serious risk
Actually the medical is pretty much for everyone; a lot of red flags come up there. Usually not done by one team alone
red flags sometimes has a single team using their own doctors
RB Jonathan Brooks, tore his ACL and surgery was performed by Dan Cooper, who just happens to be the team doc for the Dallas Cowboys. Brooks a future Cowboy?

cnuball21

Reaction score
RB Jonathan Brooks, tore his ACL and surgery was performed by Dan Cooper, who just happens to be the team doc for the Dallas Cowboys. Brooks a future Cowboy?
Go ahead and pencil him in as our 2nd round pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Darius Robinson is another guy I don't like. He's billed as this DE/DT tweener, but I don't think he's fast enough to do either. We'll see in a couple days, but small DTs have to be fast to beat guards that outmuscle them, and DEs have to be really fast to threaten the corner. Crawford ran a 4.89 and couldn't get a spit of pressure when he lined up at DE. Taco was a 4.92 guy.

Robinson's strong and he's pretty quick, but he doesn't have DE speed. So in my book, he's not a tweener at all, he's just a 3T. And he's not the kind of athlete I'd like to see in an early round 3T either. He's strong and plays some rugged football, but I don't see a disruptive penetrator.

I think he's a 3rd round rotational DT, kind of like a Golston. We'll see how his Combine goes this week. All my criticisms here are about his athleticism, so he could prove me wrong very soon.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Darius Robinson is another guy I don't like. He's billed as this DE/DT tweener, but I don't think he's fast enough to do either. We'll see in a couple days, but small DTs have to be fast to beat guards that outmuscle them, and DEs have to be really fast to threaten the corner. Crawford ran a 4.89 and couldn't get a spit of pressure when he lined up at DE. Taco was a 4.92 guy.

Robinson's strong and he's pretty quick, but he doesn't have DE speed. So in my book, he's not a tweener at all, he's just a 3T. And he's not the kind of athlete I'd like to see in an early round 3T either. He's strong and plays some rugged football, but I don't see a disruptive penetrator.

I think he's a 3rd round rotational DT, kind of like a Golston. We'll see how his Combine goes this week. All my criticisms here are about his athleticism, so he could prove me wrong very soon.
Yah...big time overrated IMO.

How often do the tweeners work out?