Overrated / Underrated

Zman5

Reaction score
I dont know i think most of you only see the positive plays . I have seen too many critical drops on 3rd down to truly call him an elite WR. I cant picture Irvin or Rice dropping these passes like Dez does, And the fumble today ? I dont know dez is a likable guy but lets be real here he has made huge mistakes . Go watch all his drops this season on 3rd down. He has ALOT TO IMPROVE ON.

Just curious. Did you actually get to watch Irvin and Rice play?

Cebrin

Reaction score
Does Calvin drop on 3rd down consistently ? Im just saying if Dez is "so " elite he should be opened to critique . I know for a fact CJ doesnt drop on 3rd downs and fumble as much as Dez. Dez needs to work on those things . If people want to bash our great Qb for one mistake a game then i am certainly going to critique our so called elite WR for his mental lapses.

Do you got some sort of video to prove which one drops more 3rd down passes? smh. I agree, Dez has got some work to do. Calvin is a freak of nature anyhow. It's like comparing Kevin Durrant to Lebron James. The best two in the league but, one is built in a way that no one has ever seen.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You're comparing three entirely different players. Rice was probably the best route runner EVER. He had great hands. Irvin was probably the most physical receiver I've ever seen. He had great hands. Dez is a pure athlete compared to these other two. He also has great hands. They all dropped some balls in their time. None more than T.O. and he still holds a mighty long list of records and achievements. Dez is a stud and still very young. He's probably top 5 scariest dude in the red zone in the entire NFL. I'd say that makes him pretty elite. Granted, of course he has some improvements to be made. It's part of the game.

I agree with you . Dont get me wrong i am a huge Dez fan . Met him in oxnard was super nice guy . But, i want him to work on being more clutch , on third down i've noticed Romo is starting to look elsewhere. I know Dez can get better , we all know that if he can develop witten's hands in two years he will be the best WR in the game.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
yes but that doesn't make them overrated! I see superstar potential

your setting yourself up for dissapointment , typical cowboy fan overrating all our players. Dez will be a Megastar but he isnt yet .

Cebrin

Reaction score
I agree with you . Dont get me wrong i am a huge Dez fan . Met him in oxnard was super nice guy . But, i want him to work on being more clutch , on third down i've noticed Romo is starting to look elsewhere. I know Dez can get better , we all know that if he can develop witten's hands in two years he will be the best WR in the game.

He leads the team in receptions and TD's. I'd say Romo looks there a lot. It could also be perhaps that the defense is removing him from the play on 3rd and Romo sees an obvious 1-1 with another good receiver. You take what's given.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Does Calvin drop on 3rd down consistently ? Im just saying if Dez is "so " elite he should be opened to critique . I know for a fact CJ doesnt drop on 3rd downs and fumble as much as Dez. Dez needs to work on those things . If people want to bash our great Qb for one mistake a game then i am certainly going to critique our so called elite WR for his mental lapses.

I wouldn't call a couple of drops on 3rd down as being consistent. I think you are overreacting a bit here. Sometimes what happens to Dez is he is quick to turn to make a play and he will lose focus on the ball. But it's rare. He had a pass in the air today that he missed because he lost it in the Sun. On the fumble the DB made a heck of a play he was just securing the ball and the guy hit it in the right spot. Sometimes the other team just makes a play.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Do you got some sort of video to prove which one drops more 3rd down passes? smh. I agree, Dez has got some work to do. Calvin is a freak of nature anyhow. It's like comparing Kevin Durrant to Lebron James. The best two in the league but, one is built in a way that no one has ever seen.

and lebron is clearly better. Like i said i like Dez alot but i am sick of his drops .

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He leads the team in receptions and TD's. I'd say Romo looks there a lot. It could also be perhaps that the defense is removing him from the play on 3rd and Romo sees an obvious 1-1 with another good receiver. You take what's given.

your right about other teams keying on him. But, Dez has to understand the importance of 3rd down conversion. I commend Dez for maturing .But, he must continue and get better. We all know he hasnt hit his ceiling.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score

WhizKid

Reaction score
Someone needs to make a GIF of Will Farrell in the new Durango commercial of him walking to the curtain and trying to get out. Funny and would be a great GIF for some of these posts

Haahhaa yea it would

tico

Reaction score
your setting yourself up for dissapointment , typical cowboy fan overrating all our players. Dez will be a Megastar but he isnt yet .

Dez will not disappoint at all, Tyron & Leary no I don't think so either.. I really think your better off as a Raider fan.. you can overate all you want, plenty of busts over there.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez Bryant overrated? You should be banned for that.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Overrated :
Demarcus Ware -so many offsides in his career . Talk about an unclutch player throughout his career , no discipline or contain vs the run .

Bruce Carter - i have a bad feeling about this guys work ethic. He looks slow and overweight compared to last season.

Ernie Sims- i dont think this guy belongs in the NFL

JJ Wilcox- yes i know its hard to put this guy on this list after 2 starts but he takes some bad angles and i am not impressed with his tackling thus far

Ron Leary- He has poor lateral movement and has been average to below average pass blocking. He is by far our worst OL.

Tyron Smith - He has been our 2nd worst OL this season. Costly penalties and often seem to get overpowered on run plays.

Dez Bryant- yes i know dez is a beast. But, he has costs us huge this season. That 3rd down drop against the chiefs , that HUGE 3rd down drop against the chargers to kill the drive and that huge fumble against denver. He has so much talent but he needs to become a smarter player.

Demarco Murray- he is 4th in rushing in the entire league but the more i watch him the more i miss a runner with a good center of gravity , great balance and good vision. Murray is a decent RB but i wouldnt hesitate taking a RB in the top 2 rounds next year. An explosive back with ability to break tackles is needed.

Underrated :
Tony Romo - the guy is having his best season of his career and he has this embarrassing defense . Its so sad if he had a good defense we would easily have won this game today.

George Selvie- he is having a great season , if i am jerry jones i sign him now to a cap friendly deal (we are going to lose spencer and with ware owed 12 million next year who knows ?

Brandon Carr - its rare teams even throw at him , he is a very solid CB

Orlando scandrick - he is having an outstanding season he held welker to just one catch today (when he was covering him)

Doug Free - has been our best OL this season and maybe he was injured last season ? props to free for getting himself together this offseason.

Phillip Tanner - i say give this guy a chance , he seems to make plays.

Cole Beasley - great hands , great route runner , he just makes good things happen when he has the ball.

Stopped reading when you mentioned Tyron Smith. Are you serious. The kid is a beast. Of course he is going to make some bad plays the kid is only 15.