Twitter: Overshown eager to make it back

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Pro Football Reference has him listed at 220 but that could be incorrect. Besides, I supposed he could put on weight if he had to.
It's definitely incorrect. It happens all the time.

Look up his combine weight. Listings are always inacurate because they way too often grab old college listings that were before their final season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The morons in the front office are gonna bank this dude is a difference maker. Once they see he's not during the year, they'll claim it takes a year to completely heal. Then they'll skip adding a LB again next year because he had 3 tackles in the 3rd quarter of a pre season game. This team's front office is stupid.
so, they would draft someone who wasn't going to be a difference maker?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
so, they would draft someone who wasn't going to be a difference maker?
Not saying that, but the 2 picks before Overshown have been absolutely trash. I just hope they don't wait like they tend to do. They need to address this position

Bagman

Reaction score
I didn't read anywhere where it said he's bulked up to 245-250 in an effort to address the teams dire need for some power at the LB position. I really hope he doesn't come back at 225-230. Enough with speedy small guys. Get some monsters in there.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I didn't read anywhere where it said he's bulked up to 245-250 in an effort to address the teams dire need for some power at the LB position. I really hope he doesn't come back at 225-230. Enough with speedy small guys. Get some monsters in there.
Now we're talking!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
All-Pro LBs last year (non edge)

Fred Warner 6-3 236 (some listings like wiki have him at 230)
Roquan Smith 6-1 236
Quincy Williams 5-10 5/8 225

Not all-pro but Dre Greenlaw is 5-11 1/2 237 (some listings like wiki have him at 230)

chagus

Reaction score
How relevant will he be in Zimmer's defense. He's not really the "Zimmer' type of LB is he?

Overshown had a role to play in Quinn's defense but isn't he small in Zimmer's type of defense?
Thats a good question. Hadnt realized that.

CWR

Reaction score
Better than Justin Beriault?
I think so. Lol. I dont remember Beriault in preseason though. Overshown showed us just enough to ramp up the hype machine, then exited on a high.

There was another safety, I think Matt Johnson. He got some hype and never played. I remember that one. Don't get me started about Rico Gathers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What place does a 230lb LB have in Zimmer's defense?

Wouldn't be surprised if they moved him back to S.
Dude, literally it's been gone over already,

230 lbs is not small for a linebacker, that's your average size some can go up to 250 maybe even 260 at most, just FYI Darren Watson was 6 foot 1/2/19 he was a hybrid but he played a lot of linebacker in a similar defense...

but when you use 3 linebackers you're gonna have some that might be considered outside or weak side that are 230 lbs there's 230 lbs safeties are you kidding me no that would be handled by 200 LB guys you know like bell ,Thomas, hooker, dono you know those guys are already on our roster..

their already the safeties,

I don't think we're gonna be using a whole lot of hybrid safeties like in Quinn's defense but 230 lbs is a linebacker size for most any team it's already been gone over in this thread but it's been gone over to nauseum, guys like Evans and other guys have been around 230-40 lbs I'm not sure what his combine weight was but Overshown while he's doing his rehab and working out I'm sure he's being talked to by the current coaching staff and maybe he gains a few pounds more in muscle I mean this guy is a physical specimen and I'm sure he could put on five to 10 lbs in muscle but until then I'm sure Zimmer can find one of his three linebacker positions to find A use for Overshown...

So in today's NFL 230 is not bad I mean it'd be nice if he's closer to 240 for longevity he can hold up the rigors of lots of hits but today's NFL is much different than the big giants of the old...