Overshown has increased his body weight this off season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/posts/demarvio...ange-mike-zimmer-cowboys-defense-01hvgzc951qc

Getting ready for Zimmer's defense

"In a recent social media post, Overshown put a photo of a scale that showed him pushing 235 lbs. As it was pointed out by Pro Football Network's Tony Catalina, that is a 15-lbs difference than his listed weight a year ago.

This is in line with what new Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants from his defensive line. He has indicated his desire for more size and strength upfront and it looks like Overshown is ready to provide that for him."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should but they won’t.
You are most likely correct.

Kendricks is the player they will rely on, with Overshown and Clark and few few no name guys currently on the roster.
They may take one in the 6th or 7th rounds. And a few UDFA's. They usually do not go into TC with more than 8. Last year they only had 6 if you count Micah as a LB. But take like 16 WR's.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would caution fans not to get overly excited about him. Although he looked terrific in camp last summer he’s coming off an ACL and not playing any last year has set him back. He may not return to form until next year if he ever does. The added weight could help or it may hinder him. He could end up being one of those players that’s always hurt. I’m staying cautious about him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I would caution fans not to get overly excited about him. Although he looked terrific in camp last summer he’s coming off an ACL and not playing any last year has set him back. He may not return to form until next year if he ever does. The added weight could help or it may hinder him. He could end up being one of those players that’s always hurt. I’m staying cautious about him.
Im thinking he was hurt in College also, lets hope not but our voodoo curse at LB seems to be continuing.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
"Well, I have been eating more" - Overshown

"Good job" - Fans

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's a cowboys thing, acl injury, player needs the FOLLOWING season to be back to normal

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a cowboys thing, acl injury, player needs the FOLLOWING season to be back to normal
It takes a lot of players a couple of seasons to come back fully from ACL if they ever do. Gallup never came back the same after his.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It takes a lot of players a couple of seasons to come back fully from ACL if they ever do. Gallup never came back the same after his.
doesn't help when it seems like they're rushing them back

FVSTONE

Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/posts/demarvio...ange-mike-zimmer-cowboys-defense-01hvgzc951qc

Getting ready for Zimmer's defense

"In a recent social media post, Overshown put a photo of a scale that showed him pushing 235 lbs. As it was pointed out by Pro Football Network's Tony Catalina, that is a 15-lbs difference than his listed weight a year ago.

This is in line with what new Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants from his defensive line. He has indicated his desire for more size and strength upfront and it looks like Overshown is ready to provide that for him."
This may be the reason Overshown looked hella slow in a recent workout video. Carrying more weight might not be good for surgical repaired knee, let's all hope it doesn't because the Cowboys don't need another Jaylon Smith.

pitt33

Reaction score
I’ve learned to never get excited about so many of these players over the years.