Overshown has increased his body weight this off season

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/posts/demarvio...ange-mike-zimmer-cowboys-defense-01hvgzc951qc

Getting ready for Zimmer's defense

"In a recent social media post, Overshown put a photo of a scale that showed him pushing 235 lbs. As it was pointed out by Pro Football Network's Tony Catalina, that is a 15-lbs difference than his listed weight a year ago.

This is in line with what new Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants from his defensive line. He has indicated his desire for more size and strength upfront and it looks like Overshown is ready to provide that for him."
That's outstanding!
We dont need any more Safetys playing LB.
His weight is more in line with a LB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
doesn't help when it seems like they're rushing them back
If anything they’re overly cautious when they’re bringing them back. Most are never a full go early in training camp. They try easing them back. Gallup was eased back slowly during the season in 2022. He missed the first few games. He just never returned to form.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This may be the reason Overshown looked hella slow in a recent workout video. Carrying more weight might not be good for surgical repaired knee, let's all hope it doesn't because the Cowboys don't need another Jaylon Smith.
have that one great year/series of games and get paid

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/posts/demarvio...ange-mike-zimmer-cowboys-defense-01hvgzc951qc

Getting ready for Zimmer's defense

"In a recent social media post, Overshown put a photo of a scale that showed him pushing 235 lbs. As it was pointed out by Pro Football Network's Tony Catalina, that is a 15-lbs difference than his listed weight a year ago.

This is in line with what new Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants from his defensive line. He has indicated his desire for more size and strength upfront and it looks like Overshown is ready to provide that for him."
usually they add weight but they also slow down. his schtick was about his quickness and speed as I recall, so can he still be effective, which is the whole point. will he be effective?

1942willys

Reaction score
I don't care how hard they work or anything else. All I care about is what they do on the field during games. I have burned out on all these servings of kool aide

Aven8

Reaction score
This happens when you sit around for a year in the tub eating Cheeto’s!

shabazz

Reaction score
I would caution fans not to get overly excited about him. Although he looked terrific in camp last summer he’s coming off an ACL and not playing any last year has set him back. He may not return to form until next year if he ever does. The added weight could help or it may hinder him. He could end up being one of those players that’s always hurt. I’m staying cautious about him.
Sage advice......I'm surprised about the added weight.

So the Cowboys philosophy was to have a run stopping DT take off 30 pounds AND have a LB coming off ACL surgery ADD 15 pounds

Okay........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sage advice......I'm surprised about the added weight.

So the Cowboys philosophy was to have a run stopping DT take off 30 pounds AND have a LB coming off ACL surgery ADD 15 pounds

Okay........
Zimmer obviously has a different plan than DQ had. We need size on defense, we’ll just have to see how this plan goes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of the 30 draft visits to the Star there were 8 offensive lineman, 8 running backs, and 6 linebackers so those 3 positions seem to be the focus of the draft. I wouldn't be shocked if a LBer was taken in the first 3 rounds.
Wouldn’t shock me at all if one or more of their first 3 picks weren’t even visits.

shabazz

Reaction score
Zimmer obviously has a different plan than DQ had. We need size on defense, we’ll just have to see how this plan goes.
Yup, it is a MUST that the Mazi experiment be a sucess.........it's been decades since the DT position has been an area of dominance

stinkface

Reaction score
I read he gained 5 lbs. That is not enough to matter. He I read is now 236 lbs. That still isn't very big. PS. My wife gains 5 lbs at Pizza Hut every Saturday night. :)

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He and Mazi need to make daily trips to Whataburger and order the triple meat combo with an extra order of onion rings too. A trip to the Longhorn Steakhouse would not be a waste of time either. I feel good about O ...and Mazi needs to get flashed by the MIB neuralyzer and forget all about last season.